The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't possibly think I'm being serious, I haven't even watched it :funny:

How was I supposed to know that? I've seen you defending it on other threads.

Anyway, I'm ready for the MoS talk to end. It's getting to be like every other Nolan movie in that it retracts and blooms in Hype conversations like herpes.

How was I supposed to know that? I've seen you defending it on other threads.

Anyway, I'm ready for the MoS talk to end. It's getting to be like every other Nolan movie in that it retracts and blooms in Hype conversations like herpes.

I don't defend the movie......
I read all my previous posts and I haven't specifically defended the movie. I did defend the use of too much action.

But yep enough MOS talk.

Yes, yes... enough MoS and back to more pressing matters...

1.) Chris "malnourish" body,

2.) EVC is cut out, but no she's not - she's Sharon! Except she's Sin now,

3.) STEVE + NATASHA 4 EVAH!!

'Chris "malnourish" body'?

If I've read that right, you think he's malnourished and therefore under-weight?

The guy looks to be in fine shape; thick in biceps, forearms, back and chest and thin in the waist - alot like a gymnast. Are gymansts 'malnourished'?

chris-evans-flaunts-huge-biceps-on-captain-america-set_zps058f8de9.jpg

Unless, of course, I've misinterpreted your comments and you were having a bit if a dig to those who think Chris is under-weight. If that's the case, forget what I said. :D

Ah, Echostation's been at it again, eh?

He wasnt complaining that Cap's uniform had too much blue [and therefore the general audience would think he's a Na'vi or a Smurf] was he?

That's pretty damn ageist, man. Jesus.

Does it offend you that Pierce is being played by an 80 year old man, too?

Not in the slightest.
Doesn't offend me that they'd put a 100-year old Peggy in the movie, either. But having a young Steve make advances on a 100-year old Peggy? Hell, yes, that's repulsive. And the majority of the audience would say so, too. Steve-Peggy in the 1940s is nothing even remotely like a Steve-Peggy relationship in the 2010s, with a 70-year age difference.

Hah! I don't think anyone is calling for Steve to hook up with a nonagenarian. A simple visit is all we're talking about.

Not in the slightest.
Doesn't offend me that they'd put a 100-year old Peggy in the movie, either. But having a young Steve make advances on a 100-year old Peggy? Hell, yes, that's repulsive. And the majority of the audience would say so, too. Steve-Peggy in the 1940s is nothing even remotely like a Steve-Peggy relationship in the 2010s, with a 70-year age difference.
Naturally it would depend on exactly how they did it, but IMO I don't think a dance and a kiss (especially if it were like someone else suggested, a kiss on her forehead) would come across as 'making advances'. To me, if done right, it would come across more like...closure.

If that makes sense, and just my opinion of course :)

'Chris "malnourish" body'?

If I've read that right, you think he's malnourished and therefore under-weight?

The guy looks to be in fine shape; thick in biceps, forearms, back and chest and thin in the waist - alot like a gymnast. Are gymansts 'malnourished'?

chris-evans-flaunts-huge-biceps-on-captain-america-set_zps058f8de9.jpg

Unless, of course, I've misinterpreted your comments and you were having a bit if a dig to those who think Chris is under-weight. If that's the case, forget what I said. :D

I disapprove wholly of any Chris Evans pic spamming. DISAPPROVE I SAY!!

:oldrazz:

That man is hot buttery perfection... Gah!

Hah! I don't think anyone is calling for Steve to hook up with a nonagenarian. A simple visit is all we're talking about.

Agreed. It would bring closure to the Peggy/Steve arc, and I think provide the heart for the movie (besides all the Bucky/Steve angst).

I'm not talking a makeout session or anything with the Peggster, but one last dance between her and her Super Soldier? I can't resist that! I think that could be a beautifully rendered moment.

I would like to see old Peggy bopping up in another sequel. I'm not quite ready to kill her off yet. Either in flashback form or as her present-day self.

I don't think it would be creepy at all for Steve to have an old timey innocent slow dance with old peggy. In fact I could picture some people in the audience tearing up a bit. it's not romancing her...it's closure.

I don't think it would be creepy at all for Steve to have an old timey innocent slow dance with old peggy. In fact I could picture some people in the audience tearing up a bit. it's not romancing her...it's closure.

It's also confusion, for both Steve *and* Peggy.
Look, Peggy Carter is extremely likely to have moved on with her life after Steve "died." Probably got happily married, raised a family, had a great career, lived a full life. Yes, she'd have great memories of the legendary Cap, but seeing him alive again after 70 years and knowing that he didn't really die....? Why the hell would she even want to see him again? Their lives, for better or worse, took two entirely separate paths in 1945, and trying to force those paths back together again in 2014 for the sake of a maudlin moment is unfair to both characters.

I think the whole scenario is better served with Steve visiting Peggy's gravesite, and having her pass away peacefully without ever knowing the truth about him. I'd be willing to bet that they're filming both scenarios as an option, and I'm also willing to bet that they'll see that the gravesite visit will work far better than an awkward reunion with a 100-year old woman who had Cap in her life for only a couple of years in her storied century of living.

Glad Atwell is playing old Peggy. We discussed this two years ago in our interview:

Jeffrey Harris: We heard from director Joe Johnston in the press conference that Peggy Carter is still alive in the present day. She's still alive and in her 80's. So are we going to see you doing an elderly Peggy Carter in Avengers?

Hayley Atwell: Oh god, I hope so. It'd probably be cheaper to get someone who was in their 80's wouldn't it as opposed to putting me in prosthetics for six hours everyday.

Jeffrey Harris: No, we want you to do it.

Hayley Atwell: I'd love to. I haven't been approached yet officially, but if I was, I would absolutely run at the chance.

Hot damn! I love everything!

I only wish that they had changed Peggy's story in the first movie, that she took some super anti-aging serum and was still gorgeous hot young Peggy so she and Cap could be together for the rest of the CA series. I love them that much!

But still, I'm so glad that I get more Evans and Atwell scenes. They have the best chemistry. :woot:

From the white dots on her face, they'll probably do some post-production make up as well, ala how they skinny-fied Chris Evans, so I doubt she's going to stay this hot.

but still. glad she's legit back.

I think CG makeup makes sense. Heavy age prosthetics look less and less effective these days.

I like the idea of CA possibly interacting with an elderly Peggy. It would give him and her some sort of finality to their plans at the end of TFA. Plus, it would probably be a way for Steve to fully embrace the modern day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"