The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why they wouldn't. I don't know what the sales are like for the books, but based off of these boards, plenty of people buy them.

The problem I have with them is that they never seem to add anything of real substance. It's always filler crap that I can skip and the art never impresses me either.

True though I did enjoy them giving an explanation to things like what War Machine was exactly doing during the crisis in New York and the details involving Odin sending Thor back to Earth and how they first found out about Loki still being alive, along with the aftermath of when Thor first brought Loki back to Asgard.

Wait .... how do we know that's the hellicarrier?

EDIT: Nevermind, someone already asked you.

We don't know for sure. But the machinery that you can see in between Winter Soldier's legs looks a bit like one of the propellers.

Plus, you can see the SHIELD logo on the ground in between Cap and WS. Not a sure sign that it's the Helicarrier, but it means they're on some sort of SHIELD property. Triskelion, maybe?

Plus, you can see the SHIELD logo on the ground in between Cap and WS. Not a sure sign that it's the Helicarrier, but it means they're on some sort of SHIELD property. Triskelion, maybe?
THAT.
I would be OK with the helicarrier showing off in this movie, but I always thought it wouldn't.

How would feel with
roughly 10 helicarriers showing up in the movie?
Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Deep into the background, behind the guy firing a rifle, there is something that might be a random splotch of paint, or the Capitol building.

I'm guessing it's on the Hellicarier, but rather than being out over the ocean, it'll be hovering over DC.

Do they really want to do another "Helicarrier crashes" scene though? I certainly don't need to see it. Sure, the artwork doesn't necessarily point to it crashing, but why else would it be on the ground in the middle of a fight?

Difference could be this time it really would crash and it appears it would clash right over the White House (that is definitely the White House in the background).

Well, I'm not so worried whether or not it actually crashes. My point was that it's already been done in Avengers. I think they'd try to avoid having a "will it/won't it crash?!" moment in back-to-back Helicarrier appearances.

Difference could be this time it really would crash and it appears it would clash right over the White House (that is definitely the White House in the background).

I don't think it is. There appears to be a large attachment rising from the "roof" of whatever that is in the distance.

In any event, it makes no sense from perspective that it would be the Helicarrier with *any* building in the distance, unless the 'Carrier had landed. And, if it was the White House, or *anywhere* in DC, you'd see a LOT more buildings, trees, cars, people.....it would be a city skyline, and there's definitely no skyline there.

Triskelion makes the most sense for that picture.

Do they really want to do another "Helicarrier crashes" scene though? I certainly don't need to see it. Sure, the artwork doesn't necessarily point to it crashing, but why else would it be on the ground in the middle of a fight?

It's not an Avengers/SHIELD story unless the helicarrier is going down in flames. you know that

But the MCU is a chance to correct the mistakes of the comics! :argh:

Well in this film though Shield is heavily involved.

And at least three Avengers, too.

That being said, I seriously doubt it's the Helicarrier in that concept art. Triskelion. Or even a HYDRA base. That symbol on the ground could just as easily be HYDRA as SHIELD.

That being said, I seriously doubt it's the Helicarrier in that concept art. Triskelion. Or even a HYDRA base. That symbol on the ground could just as easily be HYDRA as SHIELD.

At least 3 Avengers? Did I miss something, or are you counting Falcon as a future Avenger?

pretty sure that's a shield logo, with the strait angular lines... so far we've seen two shield logos on the ground like this, one on the helicarrier, and one at the headquaters that imploded at the begining of Avengers... so my guess is the Triskelion... or however you spell it...

At least 3 Avengers? Did I miss something, or are you counting Falcon as a future Avenger?

Yes, I am.
Mackie has discussed the possibility of joining the team; Falcon *is* part of the new cartoon Avengers, which is based on the movie version of the team; Falcon was, of course, a fairly prominent member of the 616 team; and they could use a little diversity. It's not official, but there's a high degree of probability that Falcon is being groomed for a role in Avengers.

It involves around [HINT] :cwink:

Zodiac-comics.gif

It's interesting that Zodiac was operating in the post-WWII MCU. They have links to a lot of prominent characters: Nick Fury, Moondragon, the Swordsman, etc.

The cameos that were mentioned could be any of the Howling Commandos, but I'm wondering whether Gabe Jones will appear. He and Peggy had a long relationship in the 1960s comics, so it would make sense to have the two of them working together in the nascent S.H.I.E.L.D. back in the 40s. Dum Dum would also be a logical character to appear since he, along with Gabe and Peggy, was part of S.H.I.E.L.D's core back in the early days.

cherokeesam said:
Yes, I am.
Mackie has discussed the possibility of joining the team; Falcon *is* part of the new cartoon Avengers, which is based on the movie version of the team; Falcon was, of course, a fairly prominent member of the 616 team; and they could use a little diversity. It's not official, but there's a high degree of probability that Falcon is being groomed for a role in Avengers.
I think you're jumping the gun a fair bit there. Falcon could logistically be on the team for all the same reasons Iron Patriot/War Machine could be. But with the main 4, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and possibly still Widow and Hawkeye, I can't see them filling the roster out that much more.

Having Falcon instead of Black Panther on the Avengers first would make me kinda sad. No disrespect to the character but I've always viewed Falcon as Cap's sidekick or someone's sidekick. Even War Machine is a character that stands apart from Iron Man that I could see on the Avengers over Falcon.

I think you're jumping the gun a fair bit there. Falcon could logistically be on the team for all the same reasons Iron Patriot/War Machine could be. But with the main 4, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and possibly still Widow and Hawkeye, I can't see them filling the roster out that much more.

I'd say Falc is a more promising candidate than War Machine; he has his own gear and ability, rather than being a variation on another. Also, the cartoon thing.

Before the announcement of the Maximoffs , I thought Falc would be joining the Avengers. Now, I'm not so sure. It's too crowded, as you say. Unless CATWS kills off or otherwise removes Widow and Hawkeye, I don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"