The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully when we get a preview Tuesday on Disney....

Hopefully when we get a preview Tuesday on Disney....
with a new Thor trailer coming out next week, do you really think they wanna steal Thor's thunder and release the CC footage just a few days before?

with a new Thor trailer coming out next week, do you really think they wanna steal Thor's thunder and release the CC footage just a few days before?

Eh, why not. The studio seems to be self-sabotaging TDW on every other front; why not undercut them at D23, too?

IMO it's quite early at this point to show Cap stuff to the public beyond maybe production photos or a plot synopsis. Especially when the Thor 2 marketing is about to kick into the next gear.

The preview said to except some TWS stuff too

Do you guys think we will get a teaser for CA: TWS attached to Thor: The Dark World when it releases in November???

Do you guys think we will get a teaser for CA: TWS attached to Thor: The Dark World when it releases in November???

Yes, I can't see Marvel missing that opportunity.

Eh, why not. The studio seems to be self-sabotaging TDW on every other front; why not undercut them at D23, too?

Come on, man. A studio who only puts out two movies a year wouldn't deliberately bury one of their projects. They can't afford to. Aside from fan hand-wringing over rumors and conjecture, there's no reason to believe this movie is getting treated any differently than the others.

Come on, man. A studio who only puts out two movies a year wouldn't deliberately bury one of their projects. They can't afford to. Aside from fan hand-wringing over rumors and conjecture, there's no reason to believe this movie is getting treated any differently than the others.

Hope you're right. There's been more BTS reports of problems on this movie over any of the other MS films. We keep getting reports of crew abandoning ship, and Taylor feuding with Feige over runtimes. The movie itself looks great, including the trailer; it's just the off-camera reports that are bad news. I'd hate to see TDW fail because of cast and/or crew squabbling.

For what it's worth, some of the the most successful movies have histories of behind the scenes mayhem and strife. That's just the business of Hollywood.

For what it's worth, some of the the most successful movies have histories of behind the scenes mayhem and strife. That's just the business of Hollywood.
Cannot wait for Thor: The Dark World: The Final cut in 2036. It'll be a lauded masterpiece.

I think the worst that can happen is that TDW turns out to be Thor's 'Iron Man 2'.

I think the worst that can happen is that TDW turns out to be Thor's 'Iron Man 2'.
My biggest concern is that Marvel is settling for mediocrity. Thor and Captain America were serviceable films, and I'm willing to accept that for a first go at a character. But I've yet to read an interview from Marvel et al acknowledging this and intending to step up their game. They really dropped the ball in IM2 -- they had such a great cast to work with but the writing was predictable and unimaginative.

I worry that they're settling for questionable scripts because they've created a system much like that of their comics: got to have a story to turn in before the deadline, got to make sure it's fitting into the latest big event, don't forget the editorial mandates.

Last edited:
It is a concern. I hope they don't get too ahead of themselves.

Hell, even I wish I could change my username here.

It is a concern. I hope they don't get too ahead of themselves.

Hell, even I wish I could change my username here.
Well if it's any consolation I thought Whiplash (Vanko) was great (and I say this as someone who couldn't even understand half of what Mickey Rourke was saying). The script just didn't know what to do with him.

Which IMO isn't a completely bad thing in still would be a good thing in relation to it still being a success enough to warrant a sequel. I enjoyed Iron Man 2 immensely, not as a Iron Man fan but a Marvel one. But it is obvious the first and third installments were better.

But I am crossing my fingers that both the Cap and Thor sequels will blow not just Iron Man 2 away but Iron Man 3 as well.

My biggest concern is that Marvel is settling for mediocrity. Thor and Captain America were serviceable films, and I'm willing to accept that for a first go at a character. But I've yet to read an interview from Marvel et al acknowledging this and intending to step up their game. They really dropped the ball in IM2 -- they had such a great cast to work with but the writing was predictable and unimaginative.

I worry that they're settling for questionable scripts because they've created a system much like that of their comics: got to have a story to turn in before the deadline, got to make sure it's fitting into the latest big event, don't forget the editorial mandates.
Well put. We should be looking for great films here. Not just stuff that makes enough money for sequels. As much as I love Thor and Cap, there are things you know could make them more then what they are.

I don't know about Thor, but Cap sounds really intriguing, positioning itself apart of the glut of mediocre comic book films in the conception stage alone. And I thought Iron Man, for it's insubstantial villain (Killian, not Slattery), was a well done comic book film with an admirable unity of vision. The director Shane Black's stamp was all over the film like glue. It is very interesting to see a director driven film in a genre that is dominated by films that feel like they are made by a committee.

I don't know, Dark World looks pretty epic.

Thor was pretty claustrophobic at times.

Well, I would definitely say Marvel took risks with IM3 so I doubt they will just play it safe with their other sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"