Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Discussion in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' started by Thread Manager, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

We will see if TDW is two and half hours.

2. Suzanne78

Suzanne78 Abs Without Fear

Whoa... I actually legit thought I was in the Thor: The Dark World thread.

It's definitely in our nature, as comic book (movie) fans, to kvetch and worry about our favorite films doing well, both behind the scenes and once they're released. I'm kind of more worried about T:TDW to be honest, moreson than even Cap, but I think what's going on with Thor is maybe a combination of both a conflict between the director and the studio about run times and also the need to do some reshoots. Not that either is a bad thing; I still think that Thor 2 won't necessarily die if the movie is thirty minutes longer than people want it to be. If editing a movie will make it a better product, then maybe a 120 or so cut will be just fine.

I'm in the school of people that thought IM3 was Marvel's riskiest movie yet. I adored it; my favorite blockbuster of the year. It was basically an 80's action/cop-buddy type movie that completely reinvented IM's most famous villain. I didn't see how it was mediocre in the least.

Despite the directors for CA:TWS, I'm getting a really good vibe from the cast and the reactions to the footage at Comic-Con. The Thor stuff too got great feedback from SDCC. So it seems like, at least for now, Marvel's steering their ship in the right direction. IMO at least.

3. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

For me, Iron Man 3 has set the bar high for the other Phase 2 films.

4. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

Yeah as a film IM3 is great, some people just don't like how they treated the Mandarin to the point they're willing to call it bad.

5. Mr. Dent

Mr. Dent Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any reports of crew jumping ship. Just the stuff about Taylor and the music composer.

6. Tacit Ronin

Tacit Ronin Well-Known Member

It has a finely tuned character arc for Tony Stark from the first scene to the last (unlike IM2). That in itself makes it a good movie despite the Mandarin and subpar villainisms of Killian.

7. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

You can, just PM me with what you want it changed to.

8. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

I was one of the fans that though IM3 was great and just as good as IM1 (I didn't mind the mandarin twist one bit). Killian as a villain to me was extremely satisfying and prob the best so far in the IM series.

9. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Definitely I think it's my favorite arc of Tony's. Iron Man 3 was fantastic because of it and I think Cap will be great based on Steve's story alone!

10. boocherhix

boocherhix Jack Donaghy's Love Child

:hehe:

11. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Literally and figuratively :awesome:

12. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Iron Man 3 had a great dramatic arc for Tony and was a wildly entertaining movie with some clever subtext. I personally loved the Mandarin twist, with the only complaint that it came a bit early and robbed the last act of some tension.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

Great to see that some people actually loved IM3. For me it was Marvel's 2nd best movie after The Avengers. Killian was a intelligent villain and the best villain, 2nd to Loki of course.

And why are people complaining that the suits ripped apart like toilet paper?? If I'm not mistaken, doesn't the extremis soldiers heat up to about 3000 degrees Celsius?? I'm sure that's hot enough to cut through any form of metal.

14. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

Because it suggests the soldiers are as strong as Thor/Hulk, yet Tony killed a lot of them.

15. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I could maybe see that after watching IM2, but do you still feel this way after Avengers, IM3, and the rest? They don't give me that vibe at all.

You're still assuming that the BTS rumors are true. If they were, I think we would've had more reporters badgering Feige at SDCC. Unless I missed an interview (entirely possible!), I didn't hear the first question about it.

16. Ms. Marvel

Same here. :huh:

17. TheFBI

TheFBI Well-Known Member

Extremis soldiers were good even though they were strong the movie never claimed they were bullet/arc blast proof, just like Steve. Itll be interesting to see where they place Cap 2 on the timeline

18. regnak

regnak Well-Known Member

You forget about the scene where the slow moving truck hits the armor and it breaks apart?

19. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I don't think there's anything more to that scene than Black thought it would be a cool visual to show that it wasn't Stark in the suit.

20. Son of Coul

Son of Coul Not 100% A Dick

Felt the same way. Should the armors be tearing through the soldiers, giving us zero tension like a Steven Seagal movie? Sometimes a threat can raise those whatchamacallits-- stakes.
    That's a really lame reason. They're obviously nowhere near as durable as Thor/Hulk, so I don't see a problem there.

21. R_Hythlodeus

R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

well, the suit in question was still a prototype and badly damaged even before the whole AF1 sequence. Under this circumstances I had no problem with the suit falling apart
    I know I wrote this before but I really hope MS updates their official timeline of the MCU sometime. there were about 7 threads in 2011/2012 of people trying to work out the timeline of Phase 1 until the official pic from the Art of The Avengers was released. I don't want this to happen in 2014/2015 again

22. Tacit Ronin

So did Tony's karate chop. It was already established that it was a prototypical suit prone to break like glass.

23. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

It's a prehensile suit, of course it falls apart. It's made up of individual pieces and that scene was to show that Tony wasn't in the suit. If it was one of his regular suits like the Mark 7, the results would have been different because it's not a prehensile suit.

24. Tacit Ronin

One scene I found really hilarious in IM3 is when his first PTSD episode occurred, prompting him to leave his conversation with Rhodey and hide in his bulky, combat ready, heavily weaponized MKVII suit in a civilian area. Just the visual of it gave me a chuckle. One would think he would don a less powerful suit for casual roams.

25. Ms. Marvel

Exactly. Which proves the point. Their powers seemed a bit inconsistent. It didn't bother me but it's a valid complaint.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.