The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
One scene I found really hilarious in IM3 is when his first PTSD episode occurred, prompting him to leave his conversation with Rhodey and hide in his bulky, combat ready, heavily weaponized MKVII suit in a civilian area. Just the visual of it gave me a chuckle. One would think he would don a less powerful suit for casual roams.

Then again, Tony does seem like the kind of guy who would bring a powerful armored suit just to grab a bite at Appleby's or something.

Is the Disney XD Fandom week thing over now? And if it is, did they show the preview for TWS?
Nothing but interviews from Comic-Con so looks like we're in another desert of no new information. Probably won't be getting anything for like another month, likely just before Thor: TDW opens up.

Then again, Tony does seem like the kind of guy who would bring a powerful armored suit just to grab a bite at Appleby's or something.
But there is precedence, with him taking the Mk4 to get donuts while hungover.

As for CA: TWS, I really do wonder where they'll put Cap's emotional state, especially after TA. The film is supposedly taking place a year afterward so I'd imagine there'd still be some lingering things. Or they could just have him not affected greatly and he's just thrown himself into his SHIELD assignments.

Last edited:

As for CA: TWS, I really do wonder where they'll put Cap's emotional state, especially after TA. The film is supposedly taking place a year afterward so I'd imagine there'd still be some lingering things. Or they could just have him not affected greatly and he's just thrown himself into his SHIELD assignments.

I don't think the events of TA would affect him greatly. He's good at dealing with things like that.

Yeah it wouldn't be anything like stark at least. Steve is a soldier

I see Steve dealing more with living in the present time and having "ghosts" from the past effecting him more than anything in TA.

I'm still waiting to see them tackle Steve's emotional state after CATFA.

I'm still waiting to see them tackle Steve's emotional state after CATFA.

I kind of wish that they would include something along the lines of the Assault on Avenger's Mansion story, where we see that the only thing that Cap has from his pre transformation personal life is a picture of his mother.

Does anyone think that by the end of CA:TWS that we may get a distorted version of Cap's Kooky Quartet: Cap, Black Widow, Falcon and Winter Soldier (or Fury)?

That might be cool

I loved TFA

However i'm gonna wait for this to be on TV for 2 reasons

1. I hate Scarlet Johanson as Black Widow
2. I Hated how Caps man out of time story was glossed over in Avengers, now that he's battled Aliens and seen SHIELD Tech they can't show his transition to modern day culture, facination with modern tech ect... Huge miseed opportunity for the character.

Those are some weird arguments for not seeing this on the big screen.

I loved TFA

2. I Hated how Caps man out of time story was glossed over in Avengers, now that he's battled Aliens and seen SHIELD Tech they can't show his transition to modern day culture, facination with modern tech ect... Huge miseed opportunity for the character.

that's called stubbornness

I loved TFA

Errmm Joss did shoot the scenes for Cap man out of time but edited it out because The Avengers would have centred around Cap and not the whole team. Besides they will cover "the man out if time" in the sequel

Steve saw lots of weird tech in the war, though. I don't think the technology is really what would be shocking him, and one writer, I think it was Mark Waid, once said pretty much the same thing; the things Steve is surprised with is the social and political changes.

Errmm Joss did shoot the scenes for Cap man out of time but edited it out because The Avengers would have centred around Cap and not the whole team. Besides they will cover "the man out if time" in the sequel

Too late, if they tell the story of being shocked and surprised at the how the world has changed, it'll just lead to the question "why wasn't he shocked before?"

I don't care if he shot the scenes, they weren't in the movie.

We didn't see him doing any everyday things. He was pretty much shown being rushed into action.

Too late, if they tell the story of being shocked and surprised at the how the world has changed, it'll just lead to the question "why wasn't he shocked before?"

It's not too late, not even a little bit. They didn't even scratch the surface of his acclamation to the modern world in Avengers. If you'd rather assume it's a lost cause, that's your call, but I think it's a silly reason not to go.

Does anyone think that by the end of CA:TWS that we may get a distorted version of Cap's Kooky Quartet: Cap, Black Widow, Falcon and Winter Soldier (or Fury)?

That might be cool

It'd be odd considering all the members of the actual Kooky Quartet will be in the MCU before long.

cool. stay at home and wait for it on redbox.

Why you felt you had to come here and state this on a board where people are clearly amped for this movie makes no sense to me.

I got the idea in the beginning of Avengers he was trying to deal with some issues. Then he was thrown into a completely crazy situation whatever period you come from. As a soldier, he had to put his issues aside and play the cards he's dealt.

If they don't show him acclimatising to modern life in CA:TWS then I think it'll be that opportunity missed and gone.

If they don't want to show it... Well I'd like them to show that element but it's not a killer for me if they don't.

I loved TFA

Oh no guys .... Droidwarrior doesn't want to see this film. Glad we were all informed of this huge event.

Man your reasons are seriously cringe-worthy. I'd ask you what your favorite comic book movie of all-time is, but I think I already know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"