The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on ABC? Oh, thank goodness. I've been scared this entire time because I heard it was on NBC.

And they are so not. But that's beside the point.

Seinfeld, The Office, Parks and Rec, Scrubs, Community, My Name is Earl, yeah they aren't known for comedies. Anyway its cool that Batroc will have a gang with him it'd be cool for Cap to take all of them before he gets to Batroc.

Speaking of IMDB, some background actors have been added. There's a Adetokumboh M'Cormack playing Machete, who I assume is meant to be Ferdinand Lopez from Batroc's Brigade. Others include a Russian Spider and a WW2 Russian Soldier, who'll probably appear during the WS/BW flashbacks.

Machete is in this? Boy, Robert Rodriguez is everywhere these days. :cwink:

Trying to figure out who/what "Russian Spider" refers to. Somebody get dinged by spellcheck when trying to type "Russian Spy" or something? Or maybe (cue conspiracy theory music) it's actually supposed to be "Russian Spider-MAN...." :wow:

(insert Yakov Smirnoff joke here)

Seinfeld, The Office, Parks and Rec, Scrubs, Community, My Name is Earl, yeah they aren't known for comedies. Anyway its cool that Batroc will have a gang with him it'd be cool for Cap to take all of them before he gets to Batroc.

Cheers, The Cosby Show, Family Ties, Night Court, Frasier, The Golden Girls, Wings. :woot:

I wish Marvel would just throw us a bone here with some Cap news. Anything, even a set photo, would be good at this point. Folks have been complaining on the Thor forum but they've been feasting on news and images compared to TWS fans. :csad:

I wish Marvel would just throw us a bone here with some Cap news. Anything, even a set photo, would be good at this point. Folks have been complaining on the Thor forum but they've been feasting on news and images compared to TWS fans. :csad:

There was a week of drought in the Spidey Boards, people went crazy and like everything there turned into a flame war...

Yes, because you've already seen the movie and know EXACTLY how everything will play out, please. :whatever:

Wolverine is the one travelling back in time while Bishop, Cable and many other mutants have time traveled many times in the comics, and mind travel is NOT the only option. Even Blink can open portals to other universes, so they could have used her as a time traveler if they wanted.

Kitty should have had a big role in this movie, not Wolverine, that has had two solo movies and was the main character in all the trilogy. This is TOO MUCH. Its getting really boring and repetitive.Fox and directors just doesn't care too much about the other x-men and seem to be Obsessed with Wolverine, when there are many other characters much more interesting and powerful than him.

I'm not hating on wolverine. I'm hating on Fox for demoting the x men to supporting characters while wolverine basically carries the story and emotional narrative. Having a movie feature wolverine in a prominent roll is not a problem. The problem is NO ONE ELSE on the team is given any shine and therefore the franchise doesn't gain any larger foundation. This is why we will only get wolverine movies, because they don't take the time to develop any other characters. What's truly mind boggling is, despite them basically riding Logan's cocktails, none of his movies have been that successful when compared to movies about characters that are half as popular as him. So then what is the point?:o
tumblr_lpa64e0dhc1qiqfus.gif

Sorry for the long rant guys.:csad:

We know that Wolverine is traveling back in time, we DO NOT know what happens after that. Mark Millar, Fox's Joss Whedon these days, has said that Kitty fans will be pleased when they see the films, so I would imagine that she has an important role.

We know that Wolverine is traveling back in time, we DO NOT know what happens after that. Mark Millar, Fox's Joss Whedon these days, has said that Kitty fans will be pleased when they see the films, so I would imagine that she has an important role.

Well let's hope so.

I thought I was in the X-men forums for a second

Sorry :csad:

Machete is in this? Boy, Robert Rodriguez is everywhere these days. :cwink:

Trying to figure out who/what "Russian Spider" refers to. Somebody get dinged by spellcheck when trying to type "Russian Spy" or something? Or maybe (cue conspiracy theory music) it's actually supposed to be "Russian Spider-MAN...." :wow:

(insert Yakov Smirnoff joke here)

Maybe that has some to do with The Red Room? Black Widow is a kind of spider. IDK.

Yeah we really got spoiled this summer with all the filming pictures. It's hard to suddenly be getting nothing. :csad:

I notice Mary Jo Markey is absent from the IMDB crew list for this movie. Maybe the post-production schedule was conflicting with her commitments on Star Wars: Episode VII? She's not even listed as 'additional editor.'

I cried at the end of CA:TFA :'( Especially when Steve was talking to Peggy before he crashed the ship. The feels during that scene, it was too much. :(

You know, if Coulson wasn't made to look as though he were killed off in "The Avengers" then it would have been nice to see him in on the action and fight alongside Captain America in this film when the chance arrived.

Coulson was the logical choice to "die" in TA, and he's the focus of a TV show. But yeah, that would have been cool. Maybe they'll reference Cap having some guilt over Coulson's death (as far as he knows), considering Fury's speech and Coulson being such a fanboy.

Two days without a post? We need some news!

There's some speculation floating around that a teaser for CA:TWS will be released to coincide with the premiere of Agents of SHIELD, but nothing concrete yet. Hopefully we'll get something because the lack of news is annoying. :cmad:

Marvel would be missing a great cross-promotion opportunity if they didn't attach the first Cap teaser to Agents of SHIELD.

Marvel are more likely to attach anew Thor trailer with Agents of Shield than a Captain America teaser. That's just the way I see it.

Even a new picture would be nice. Heck I'd even take more spy photos

Marvel are more likely to attach anew Thor trailer with Agents of Shield than a Captain America teaser. That's just the way I see it.
from a strategic point of view I agree. Focus the marketing on T:TDW now, it's only a couple of weeks away. a first teaser for TWS attached to TDW would be perfectly fine

Relative to TWS's release, a teaser in late September would be the same timeline as the first teasers for IM3 & TTDW relative to their respective releases.

So I propose a teaser for TWS with the first episode of AoS, then a new trailer for TDW with episode 2. Make it happen Marvel.

Relative to TWS's release, a teaser in late September would be the same timeline as the first teasers for IM3 & TTDW relative to their respective releases.

So I propose a teaser for TWS with the first episode of AoS, then a new trailer for TDW with episode 2. Make it happen Marvel.

The teaser trailer for IM3 was released in october not september.:dry:

But iron man came out in may and cap is coming out in april

But iron man came out in may and cap is coming out in april

That doesn't matter, the trailer for CA: TWS is probably coming out with Thor 2 :) But I might be wrong, the trailer maybe very well attached to Agents of Shield but i'm thinking a new Thor trailer/tv spot will be attached to that,so we'll see :) Thor is coming out in a month, this will be a perfect opportunity to market the film by attaching a Thor trailer to AOS since the movie is coming out very soon.b CA: TWS is coming out next year, they still have plenty of time to build up hype and market the film. I just think,for now,they need to concetrate on the marketing for Thor 2 :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"