The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The movies in Phase One didn't happen the same week, they happened around the same time. IM 2 happened before Thor and the first half or Thor happened at the same time as TIH, the second half after. Also, they were happening in different locations, I had no problem with how it was handled. Thor is back on Asgard fighting Malekith, Cap and BW are hunting down the WS. We see that there is conflict between Redford and Fury, so SHIELD is wracked with problems. Some of it's members may be HYDRA agents in disguise. That leaves Hawkeye, so you can easily say is one another assignment and can't be reached, and Hulk, who may have gone back into seclusion (he was in India in TA).

Yeah, SHIELD mostly deals in the oddities and hush hush deals. They're a big organization but they wouldn't be going after Osama Bin Laden, would they? Even if they didn't have a very valid reason it really doesn't matter much to me. You go in with the knowledge that the movie is its own story, not just purely a continuation of the last.

Yeah, SHIELD mostly deals in the oddities and hush hush deals. They're a big organization but they wouldn't be going after Osama Bin Laden, would they? Even if they didn't have a very valid reason it really doesn't matter much to me. You go in with the knowledge that the movie is its own story, not just purely a continuation of the last.

Why not? Natasha's mission at the beginning of the Avengers involved a Russian arms dealer.

It's not that they wouldn't go after The Mandarin, they certainly would. The problem was that no one could find him (we find out why in the funniest way possible), he left no evidence, and they have other stuff to deal with.

Why not? Natasha's mission at the beginning of the Avengers involved a Russian arms dealer.

I suppose that's true; they also had some general info on Mandarin in their database. I just think the "American business" line makes solid sense in this case.

EMPIRE has a nice video featuring SDCC interviews of the cast and directors. I haven't seen this one before. There are some interesting parts like when Sebastian mentions hints in TFA, EVC describes her character intro, and Cobie gets to talk a little bit too.

Last edited:
I hadn't seen that empire video... awesome! The entire cast of TWS is just amazing, and Vancamp was adorable in that interview, she's been one of, if not my favorite, actress in the last year or so, right up there with Hayley. And all the others seem so excited about the film and so into it.

But.. boy did Chris Pratt really look like he didn't want to be there, lol

And I was really hoping Djimon Hounson as Black Panther, but oh well.... Maybe he still can be if his Korath suit covers his look enough.

I hadn't seen that empire video... awesome! The entire cast of TWS is just amazing, and Vancamp was adorable in that interview, she's been one of, if not my favorite, actress in the last year or so, right up there with Hayley. And all the others seem so excited about the film and so into it.

But.. boy did Chris Pratt really look like he didn't want to be there, lol

And I was really hoping Djimon Hounson as Black Panther, but oh well.... Maybe he still can be if his Korath suit covers his look enough.

He would've be a good T'Chaka, certainly.

Wasn't there another role that never got cast for this movie? Remember a while back, that there was one more villainous role up, and it was two non american actors? What happened with that? Zemo?

Wasn't there another role that never got cast for this movie? Remember a while back, that there was one more villainous role up, and it was two non american actors? What happened with that? Zemo?
I'm thinking the only up for grabs villain role was for Crossbones, which Grillo got.

that almost seemed like she was freelancing. didn't the guy she was "interrogating" make an offhanded comment about the russian general she was working for?

T"Challa;26559601 said:
I wish Marvel would release that elevator scene. It sounds so badass. :(

I hope they don't. I'LL wait for it when it comes to the theater :yay:

You're thinking of the role that NCW was up for. I haven't heard anything since.

Maybe that's the role Robert Redford got.....

Maybe that's the role Robert Redford got.....
Now that you bring that up, maybe that's what it was for. I remember Josh Holloway was up for a role as well so I'm thinking him and Grillo were up for Crossbones and then NCW was up for whatever foreign villain role before they got Redford.

that almost seemed like she was freelancing. didn't the guy she was "interrogating" make an offhanded comment about the russian general she was working for?

That's called having a "cover story" when you go in undercover.

Do we know or have a good guess when our first trailer will come around for this? Is Thor2 the best bet? Premature thinking I know haha but I cannot wait for this

Do we know or have a good guess when our first trailer will come around for this? Is Thor2 the best bet? Premature thinking I know haha but I cannot wait for this

I think it's pretty much a given that a trailer will be attached to Thor 2. Now, whether or not we get a different trailer before that one is the question.

I mean they could release their first trailer in November and their second one in late January or early February.

Is it possible that the foreign villain role was Batroc?

Not saying NCW was to be Batroc, as Batroc is supposed to be a small role, basically a cameo.

But perhaps Holloway, Grillo, that other guy, and NCW were all up for Crossbones, and Marvel just happened to be casting another character, Batroc, at the time.

Is it possible that the foreign villain role was Batroc?

Not saying NCW was to be Batroc, as Batroc is supposed to be a small role, basically a cameo.

But perhaps Holloway, Grillo, that other guy, and NCW were all up for Crossbones, and Marvel just happened to be casting another character, Batroc, at the time.
Considering we stopped hearing about the others once Grillo was cast, it's very likely that's the case. I think most assumed that the foreign villain would be filled by a full-time, foreign actor instead of a foreign MMA fighter doing a bit role.

We probably know Thor was dealing with things on Asgard while the latest problems on Earth are going down. We probably know that SHIELD is going through some deliberate internal strife and therefor are ordered not to help in IM's troubles. That would cover Cap and BW and probably most of its operatives and presumably Hawkeye. Hulk is the only one I can't account for.
lol taking psychology classes? lol

We'll definitely have a trailer with TDW.

IM3's first trailer came out late October 2012 for a late April/May release.

TDW's first trailer came out late April for a late October/November release.

Keeping with that schedule, we could have a trailer around late September/early October, but definitely with Thor.

Marvel trailers (first ones) tend to come out seven to eight months before the film's release, so CA is in May (I think) so October seems likely.

I think we see the first trailer maybe with the premier of Agents of SHIELD on September 24th. It is the perfect opportunity to cross-promote both. Advertise that there will be an exclusive 1st look at CA:TWS right after the premier of AoS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"