The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying you're wrong, but I'm wondering where you came up with this idea? Everything I've seen says to me that Steve is *on* Fury's side. Yeah, he questions his methods sometimes, but everything in the set visits we've seen so far tend to indicate that Fury gets kicked out/goes on the run from SHIELD in a power shake-up, and Cap and Widow go rogue to help him escape and clear his name.

I think we'll actually see Steve transition in the film. At first he'll side with Shield and work for them, hence his new outfit, but then he'll realize he's on the wrong side and join with Fury.

btw, it's funny if you add one too many Rs in Fury....

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm wondering where you came up with this idea? Everything I've seen says to me that Steve is *on* Fury's side. Yeah, he questions his methods sometimes, but everything in the set visits we've seen so far tend to indicate that Fury gets kicked out/goes on the run from SHIELD in a power shake-up, and Cap and Widow go rogue to help him escape and clear his name.

If a power shake up means
Maria Hill replaces Fury, then I don't see if affecting Agents of Shield all that much. But if Hill was replaced herself by a Hydra agent, well.......it would be interesting

I'm starting to wonder if the power hierarchy in SHIELD would mean that a new guy at the top *wouldn't* be Hill, but Jasper Sitwell instead.

In the One-Shot, he seemed to be an equal and a close colleague of Coulson, and when Coulson "died," it's not unreasonable to assume that Sitwell could have taken his position as Fury's right hand man, or "good eye" or whatever he called him. And if Fury gets kicked to the curb, at least temporarily, HYDRA could pull strings to put Sitwell in as Director. There's that scene with Sen. Stern where they share a "Hail HYDRA," and it just doesn't seem like a powerful US Congressman would be getting chummy with just a regular SHIELD field agent.

I'm going to guess that the "incident" that you alluded to is a fake out, and that there's is more going on.

Oh no, what I was trying to state was that even though Steve may be on Fury's side in the long run of things, it'd be a good source of drama between them if Steve was shown being made aware of how Fury lied to him and the other avengers about Coulson's death.

Heck, in the Avengers, Rogers even noted to Stark on how he believes that Fury has his hands stained in as much blood as Loki's.

Y guys got me thinking of another theory about Agent Coulson. Maybe he's already an Android created by Professor Phineas T. Horton.

-He loves Cap
-he loves old technology
-maybe he has some type of synthetic blood :hmm :mag

All of you seem to have forgotten about Pierce.

What about him? The latest I've heard is that he's Council....one of the WSC. Which makes him the perfect foil for Fury, since the WSC probably want his ass for insubordination after "since it was a stupid-ass decision, I chose to ignore it." But I no longer think Pierce is part of SHIELD, as a lot of us originally thought.

I thought it was officially confirmed that he is a high ranking shield agent? no?

All of you seem to have forgotten about Pierce.

Pierce is Aleksandr Lukin. I'd be willing to bet all on my Monopoly money of that being true, as I've said for months.

Last edited:
Pierce is Aleksandr Lukin. I'd be willing to bet all of my Monopoly money of that being true, as I've said for months.

I believe he may be a version of Lukin (with different motivations, not Russian, etc).

Why can't he be Russian? Lukin being Russian ties him into WS and possibly BW as well. It makes perfect sense for him to be Russian.

I hope the stinger is Pierce's office and on the wall is the picture of Red Skull from the first Cap. An aide walks in to talk to Pierce, and he responds with a German accent, implying he is Skull....somehow

I'm starting to wonder if the power hierarchy in SHIELD would mean that a new guy at the top *wouldn't* be Hill, but Jasper Sitwell instead.

In the One-Shot, he seemed to be an equal and a close colleague of Coulson, and when Coulson "died," it's not unreasonable to assume that Sitwell could have taken his position as Fury's right hand man, or "good eye" or whatever he called him. And if Fury gets kicked to the curb, at least temporarily, HYDRA could pull strings to put Sitwell in as Director. There's that scene with Sen. Stern where they share a "Hail HYDRA," and it just doesn't seem like a powerful US Congressman would be getting chummy with just a regular SHIELD field agent.

So what would happen to Hill? For that matter, what would also happen to Falcon and Hawkeye in that case?

I am still saying that Fury is replaced by Hill because I don't see a radical change happening with Agents of Shield.

So what would happen to Hill? For that matter, what would also happen to Falcon and Hawkeye in that case?

I am still saying that Fury is replaced by Hill because I don't see a radical change happening with Agents of Shield.

Maybe the idea is to ease Hill over to the TV side of the MCU. We've already seen her in the pilot episode, and I'm sure it's not the last time. She could become Coulson's direct, in charge of the "Section 7 top-secretest of top-secret" department.

Maybe the idea is to ease Hill over to the TV side of the MCU. We've already seen her in the pilot episode, and I'm sure it's not the last time. She could become Coulson's direct, in charge of the "Section 7 top-secretest of top-secret" department.

Well, HIMYM is ending this season.

Sitwell didn't seem of equal standing to me. Definitely a subordinate, as evidenced by Thor and the Avengers, where he's basically a named extra.

Though it is possible, I suppose.

I'm not ruling Pierce out, though. He's been described to Gareth Mallory, who started out in an overseeing role before becoming the agency's new head, so that might be something else they're doing.

Sitwell didn't seem of equal standing to me. Definitely a subordinate, as evidenced by Thor and the Avengers, where he's basically a named extra.

Though it is possible, I suppose.

I'm not ruling Pierce out, though. He's been described to Gareth Mallory, who started out in an overseeing role before becoming the agency's new head, so that might be something else they're doing.

That could be interesting.

I'm guessing the plot twist will be someone high up is really a member of HYDRA?

Sitwell wasn't Coulson's equal at SHIELD. They had a discussion about their clearance levels, and Coulson said he was a Level 7, while Sitwell was a Level 6. Sitwell didn't even know that Level 7 existed. Also, in Thor Sitwell was clearly Coulson's subordinate (as was Barton) and called him "sir". He also called Coulson sir in The Avengers, IIRC. Agents on equal footing wouldn't do that.

Sitwell wasn't Coulson's equal at SHIELD. They had a discussion about their clearance levels, and Coulson said he was a Level 7, while Sitwell was a Level 6. Sitwell didn't even know that Level 7 existed. Also, in Thor Sitwell was clearly Coulson's subordinate (as was Barton) and called him "sir". He also called Coulson sir in The Avengers, IIRC. Agents on equal footing wouldn't do that.

Fair enough.
But it's not unreasonable to suspect that Sitwell gets a promotion in CATWS.....

It just seems odd for a sitting US Senator to be getting chummy and chanting "Hail HYDRA" to a field agent. Plus, there's those scenes where Cap and Widow in civvies get to punch his lights out.

Sitwell also doesn't know that Coulson is still alive.

It just seems odd for a sitting US Senator to be getting chummy and chanting "Hail HYDRA" to a field agent.

I don't see why this seems odd. If they're part of the same group they would respond to eachother on an equal level, regardless of what their cover is

I don't see why this seems odd. If they're part of the same group they would respond to eachother on an equal level, regardless of what their cover is
also, it is not unlikely that their hierarchy in SHIELD and
HYDRA
is completely different. just because on is higher ranking in one group doesn't necessarily mean he's higher ranking in the other too

Sitwell seemed to be Coulson's friend, but also his subordinate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"