The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about it is, why bother?

Put together, its a great scene, but if you take the bit in Peggy's apartment alone, its only a good scene. I think including would take an effort to make the other pieces fuit, and why bother? Whedon could have had that scene in the Avengers. He didn't.

Seems kinda vain to me.

Well, this is all about if. If they are reusing the footage, and if reusing the footage is Whedon's idea, then I just wonder why?

It's Steve in his apartment, silently and somberly looking at some files. It's a good scene, but it isn't something that couldn't be matched. It should have been in the movie, but Whedon cut it. It was his choice.

But if he is reinserting the scene into the next movie, when the Russo could do just as good a job, or even better, then yeah, that's pretty vain.

So, given that Whedon doesn't strike me as vain, I doubt reusing the footage is going to happen.

Last edited:
Go ahead and reuse a few scenes... that's just more time you can utilize on filming new and better action scenes.

But why does anyone even think that it will be reused? Evans was talking about similar thematic elements being explored in Cap 2, not about actually reusing the footage from the deleted scenes. And there has been nothing to suggest that Whedon wants the Russos to use that footage.

They're not reusing scenes. People are taking Evans' words a little too literally.

They're not reusing scenes. People are taking Evans' words a little too literally.

Probally true ..but I wouldn't have a problem if they did that deleted scene was pretty specially the WWII I was just surprised no Commandos or Bucky in the reel.

I really want Dum Dum Dugan to turn up in this film :woot:

It'd be hard to reuse that footage since it would contradict and conflict with Avengers. Specifically the waitress played by Ashley Johnson and him in the gym.

All that would have to be taken out or re-shot.

It'd be hard to reuse that footage since it would contradict and conflict with Avengers. Specifically the waitress played by Ashley Johnson and him in the gym.

All that would have to be taken out or re-shot.

Not that I think they'll stick the deleted scenes in CATWS, either, but why do you think the content contradicts or conflicts with the Avengers? I didn't see anything there that went against the rest of the story.

Not that I think they'll stick the deleted scenes in CATWS, either, but why do you think the content contradicts or conflicts with the Avengers? I didn't see anything there that went against the rest of the story.
The scenes, on their own, wouldn't, but inserted in CATWS would contradict the Avengers.

For instance, in the deleted scenes, we see Cap go to a cafe where he talks to the waitress, who doesn't know him, and allude to Tony, who Steve apparently doesn't know or is interested in seeing.

In the Avengers, that waitress was saved by Cap and she sees him without his mask. He also ends the movie on good terms with Stark.

"In every country, there is a city everyone makes fun of. In United States, it is Cleveland. In Soviet Union, it is Cleveland."

Clevelanders have it rough, it's nice that Marvel's throwing them a bone or two :)

The scenes, on their own, wouldn't, but inserted in CATWS would contradict the Avengers.

For instance, in the deleted scenes, we see Cap go to a cafe where he talks to the waitress, who doesn't know him, and allude to Tony, who Steve apparently doesn't know or is interested in seeing.

In the Avengers, that waitress was saved by Cap and she sees him without his mask. He also ends the movie on good terms with Stark.

It could be edited though so that it doesn't feature the lack of recognition regarding the waitress. And as for not being interested to see Stark, well if Cap knows him already (now in the new context) it's no big deal to him. But it doesn't necessarily need the cafe scenes but the file scenes with Peggy.

It's a shame, but understandable -- the revised credit incentive program in June, plus the fact that Ohio doubled for both NYC and Germany in The Avengers.

It's a shame NC won't get it, as what was originally rumored. Maybe Marvel will return to NC for Guardians of the Galaxy or God willing, The Avengers 2.
What it sounded like to me was that NC was pretty much done with Marvel Studios. They kicked Iron Man 3 out for some reason, and now CATWS has moved.

The real shame to me as a Michigander is how Michigan lost out on Avengers when our new governor cancelled the tax incentive program. And I hate Ohio.

What it sounded like to me was that NC was pretty much done with Marvel Studios. They kicked Iron Man 3 out for some reason, and now CATWS has moved.

The bulk of Iron Man 3 was shot here in NC (with the remaining scenes to be shot in Florida and China), and the legislature extended its 25% incentive deal to the end of 2014. The extension was done to lure Marvel back to do Captain America 2 and other high-profile projects.

I guess Ohio tossed in an extra 5% on their incentive to lure Marvel away from the Tar Heel State... :cmad:

The real shame to me as a Michigander is how Michigan lost out on Avengers when our new governor cancelled the tax incentive program. And I hate Ohio.
I always took it that Marvel had always planned to film parts of IM3 in Florida and other locations. Them leaving NC was most likely due to them finishing up whatever locations/studios shots that were planned for Wilmington and the surrounding area.

As for CATWS, it sounds like the previous work on TA in Cleveland helped and possibly also the fact that the Russo Brothers are from the area pushed them that way. The majority of the film looks like it'll be filmed in LA with Cleveland and a couple other locations only being used sparsely.

I just hope only a little bit of the movie is filmed in Cleveland
This movie needs to have that international espionage feel, not just stay in New York the whole time
Location filming is hugely important for getting that feeling
Ohio can't stand in for that many places

Listened to a podcast interview conducted over a month ago, and senior communications manager with the DC Film Office confirmed that Cap 2 will film in D.C. as well

I just hope only a little bit of the movie is filmed in Cleveland
This movie needs to have that international espionage feel, not just stay in New York the whole time
Location filming is hugely important for getting that feeling
Ohio can't stand in for that many places
Cleveland's good for getting that dreary, depressing look, though :oldrazz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"