The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be edited though so that it doesn't feature the lack of recognition regarding the waitress. And as for not being interested to see Stark, well if Cap knows him already (now in the new context) it's no big deal to him. But it doesn't necessarily need the cafe scenes but the file scenes with Peggy.
I don't know how one could edit out lack of recognition.

The file scene is probably salvageable, but I just wonder why bother? Why just take a nugget from Whedon's scrap pile instead of just doing the whole movie fresh?

Last edited:
man, I need a better job, these marvel films are making me poor lol

Listened to a podcast interview conducted over a month ago, and senior communications manager with the DC Film Office confirmed that Cap 2 will film in D.C. as well

Awesome, I wonder if Steve is going to meet The President like he did in "Captain America: Man Out of Time" .

I'm curious about that as well. With Chris Evans describing the movie as a Political Thriller early on, I won't be surprised if he does.

I always took it that Marvel had always planned to film parts of IM3 in Florida and other locations. Them leaving NC was most likely due to them finishing up whatever locations/studios shots that were planned for Wilmington and the surrounding area.

That's exactly true. I hear the actors (RDJ, Gwyneth, Favreau) liked shooting in the state (Gwyneth was Twittering about how good the food was), and Marvel Studios liked it too. It's all how much money Marvel wants to save during production, and then bust out the big dollars for Avengers 2. :csad:

And it makes sense if they're going to utilize the same Cleveland-posing-as-New York strategy and similar locations for Captain America 2 like they did for The Avengers. Maybe NC will score Avengers 2 or another big Marvel film...

That's exactly true. I hear the actors (RDJ, Gwyneth, Favreau) liked shooting in the state (Gwyneth was Twittering about how good the food was), and Marvel Studios liked it too. It's all how much money Marvel wants to save during production, and then bust out the big dollars for Avengers 2. :csad:

And it makes sense if they're going to utilize the same Cleveland-posing-as-New York strategy and similar locations for Captain America 2 like they did for The Avengers. Maybe NC will score Avengers 2 or another big Marvel film...
Or possibly GOTG or Ant-Man. I think Marvel will film there again due to North Carolina having some good tax incentives for production companies.

Listened to a podcast interview conducted over a month ago, and senior communications manager with the DC Film Office confirmed that Cap 2 will film in D.C. as well

Secret Empire, maybe....? :yay:

Since the whole Secret Empire/Nomad thing would never evolve the same way it did in the comics, obviously (since it involved the Nixon era), I'm wondering if they'll reference it to make it topical to modern American politics. I'm sure Steve Rogers would be disgusted with the current state of Washington. "Is this the same country I was fighting for....?"

I'm curious about that as well. With Chris Evans describing the movie as a Political Thriller early on, I won't be surprised if he does.
Wonder what the movie Steve, thinks about Communist Russia anyway.
The movie Steve slept through the cold war for one, unlike the comic version, and the What-IF Captain Americas were covering for Steve during much of the Cold War wonder if Marvel will ever use that idea?

I wonder if they will make Rogers a more known figure, then they did in the avengers, I felt in the movie and deleted scenes no one know who he was. Specially the Cop scene in the final act. If he's a living lengend wouldn't he be recognizable to everyone? That suprised me in the avengers a tad.. Only person in the Avengers that seem know who he was like Coulson lo..

I wonder if they will make Rogers a more known figure, then they did in the avengers, I felt in the movie and deleted scenes no one know who he was. Specially the Cop scene in the final act. If he's a living lengend wouldn't he be recognizable to everyone? That suprised me in the avengers a tad.. Only person in the Avengers that seem know who he was like Coulson lo..
It's quite possible that SHIELD hasn't announced to the public that Captain America was found alive.

To the cops, it was some jag dressed like Captain America giving them orders, and then he backed up his talk by taking down several aliens single-handed.

The question is will the public be aware that its the same guy, or merely think he is another, new super-soldier with the same costumed identity.

Wonder what the movie Steve, thinks about Communist Russia anyway.
The movie Steve slept through the cold war for one, unlike the comic version, and the What-IF Captain Americas were covering for Steve during much of the Cold War wonder if Marvel will ever use that idea?
Actually, due to Marvel's sliding timeline, Steve has (now) slept through the cold war in the comics too.

It is a very good idea, which is why I hope they stick to the source and keep Bucky as a KGB assassin rather than a HYDRA henchman or something like that.

Actually, due to Marvel's sliding timeline, Steve has (now) slept through the cold war in the comics too.

It is a very good idea, which is why I hope they stick to the source and keep Bucky as a KGB assassin rather than a HYDRA henchman or something like that.

Oh god me too!

I could see the government trying to get a hold of him again and using him as a national propaganda tool but this time aimed at all American citizens.

He "died" in the 1940's. It isn't surprising that most people wouldn't know who he is in 2012. Coulson was a big fanboy so that's why he knew him.

Yeah, he was more or less one of those guys that was big back then and kind of a historical legend, but nowadays in our more cynical time it's not that big a deal. Though after Avengers he more than likely gets recognized everywhere he goes now.

Secret Empire, maybe....? :yay:

Since the whole Secret Empire/Nomad thing would never evolve the same way it did in the comics, obviously (since it involved the Nixon era), I'm wondering if they'll reference it to make it topical to modern American politics. I'm sure Steve Rogers would be disgusted with the current state of Washington. "Is this the same country I was fighting for....?"

Which is probably why in "The Ultimates" Cap about to become The President .

Yeah, that confused me, is that a different universe than the Spider-Man issue where Obama was president and Stephen Colbert was there?

Yes, that's the mainstream universe.

Obama was president in the Ultimate universe as well, until he and half Washington got blown up.

The way I see it is that the general public only knows him as a propaganda figure, the only people who actually know him as a super soldier and a war hero are "important" people and people involved with the government, military, science, and stuff like that. Nick Fury and SHIELD agents, Tony Stark, Rhodey, Obadiah Stane, Ivan Vanko, Justin Hammer, Bruce Banner, General Ross, Emil Blonksy, etc...

The way I see it is that the general public only knows him as a propaganda figure, the only people who actually know him as a super soldier and a war hero are "important" people and people involved with the government, military, science, and stuff like that. Nick Fury and SHIELD agents, Tony Stark, Rhodey, Obadiah Stane, Ivan Vanko, Justin Hammer, Bruce Banner, General Ross, Emil Blonksy, etc...
There would have been hundreds of allied troops who'd have seen Cap in action during WWII, though. Low-ranking ground troops who would most assuredly talk about him even after the war.

I see the present population as having some doubts about whether Cap and how much of him is real, rather than not knowing he was a super-soldier who fought on the frontlines.

There would have been hundreds of allied troops who'd have seen Cap in action during WWII, though. Low-ranking ground troops who would most assuredly talk about him even after the war.

I see the present population as having some doubts about whether Cap and how much of him is real, rather than not knowing he was a super-soldier who fought on the frontlines.

That's kinda what I meant. Basically, the public is aware that there is a Captain America, but it's up in the air who he was and what he did. Also, it's pretty much a certainty that most people don't know he's a super soldier. The project was a secret after all, so any knowledge of it is only by word of mouth.

I think the cat got let out of the bag in a very major way at Stuttgart.

Yeah, the "man out of time" deleted scene shows a very anonymous Steve Rogers, but at Stuttgart, he shows up in full Cap regalia before a huge crowd (in the company of Iron Man and a SHIELD Quinjet, no less) and makes no mistake about who he is: "The last time I was in Germany...." At that point, the whole world finds out that Cap is back from the grave, so to speak.

But wasn't Cap seen mostly with his cowl on in propaganda posters? He wasn't recognized on the street because his face wasn't what people remembered. It's the costume and shield they know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"