The Winter Soldier Captain America 2: Rotten Tomato Watch - Part 1

Off topic warning:

Why was Punygod banned?

He doesn't seem to a problematic poster to me, honestly

Last night, things got.... Heated in both user reviews thread. To say the least. I think most of the offending posts were removed, but, yep.

Oh! looked like i missed the fun hehe

So..how many reviews till it get back to 90%?

I really really wish they wouldn't delete offending posts. The best deterrent to bad behavior is a record of it for posterity. Most non-sociopaths will eventually feel embarrassment once theyve calmed down and reviewed their words. Pretending it never happened seems counterproductive. Much of the current jackassery might have been avoided if for example the Batboards circa spring 2012 hadn't been wiped clean by the mods. Okay rant over.

You'd think this movie got a 62% looking at this thread. :funny:

That's why I posted a positive review. The RT threads are always full of doom and gloom no matter how well-received the film in question is. Just reverse the percentages and only 11% of the reviews were negative. Yet some will always find the worst possible way to spin things. "But the average score is low!" :whatever:

The average score for TWS is actually :up: for a CBM. TDK has an 8.5 (and that is regarded by most as the best CBM ever), TA has an 8, BB has a 7.7 and IM (which up till now was seen as the best solo MCU movie) has a 7.6. The best received X-Men movies also have average scores in the mid 7s.

People who think 7.5 is a low average score must think well received CBMs typically get 8.5-10 regularly.

Some perspective on RT. Frozen is at 89% with a 7.7 avg, it's globally loved and won an Oscar.

I really really wish they wouldn't delete offending posts. The best deterrent to bad behavior is a record of it for posterity. Most non-sociopaths will eventually feel embarrassment once theyve calmed down and reviewed their words. Pretending it never happened seems counterproductive. Much of the current jackassery might have been avoided if for example the Batboards circa spring 2012 hadn't been wiped clean by the mods. Okay rant over.

Leaving posts that violate the guidelines on the forum will just create more problems in the long run. Other members will naturally continue to respond even after the initial argument is over, which can lead to more fighting and more people getting infractions or banned. Also, some posts contain things the mods feel would be better off removed (insults, slurs, etc.). And plenty of people would be proud of their "jackassery" rather than embarrassed, so letting their posts remain would be a victory for them. Leaving nasty posts up will simply beget more nastiness.

LOL Travers has gone full-on fanboy. One of us! One of us!

I always like Travers' reviews, and his praises of TWS makes me happy because he definitely gets the movie and appreciates the nuances of the story.

And just when there was 4 more to go another rotten comes to set it back again. We need another 13 without a rotten to get back to 90%.

I just want the reviews to stop so this sufferring can end. :funny:

Did they remove that Aussie guy's positive/negative review?

After all of this, I have to applaud MCU and the Russos and the cast for making this such a great movie.

7.5/10 from all critics on RT, 7.4/10 from Top Critics. Definitely not too shabby a showing for good ol' Cap.

And just when there was 4 more to go another rotten comes to set it back again. We need another 13 without a rotten to get back to 90%.

the math behind that hurts my head
how does 1neg = 9Pos ??

I'm no longer sweatin' this… not after seeing what's going on with other movies in this genre.

An 89% = critical acclaim and that's all good for me.

yeah, and I love the little RT critic-consensus-blurb-thing, there's no backhanded compliments in it like most other CBM's have gotten

I'm no longer sweatin' this… not after seeing what's going on with other movies in this genre.

An 89% = critical acclaim and that's all good for me.

I know. It really makes one grateful. :funny:

I would be absolutely thrilled if both Marvel Studio movies got amazing critical consensus too…

But I hate that other CBMs are getting thrashed/the product appears to not be up to quality :(

Guardians of the Galaxy is the first Marvel Studios film I've been truly worried about since the first Thor. It is a significantly riskier project than the last few Marvel films. Hopefully that risk pays off.

I think I'll probably love Guardians as its cosmic sci-fi with superheroes and i like what ive seen so far. **** critics and **** RT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"