Civil War Captain America 3: Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOE

Reaction score
With the recent news of the Civil War storyline and Iron-Man joining the party, Captain America 3 is sure to have one heck of a Box Office run.

Will it surpass GOTG and reclaim the MCU's bronze Box Office medal? Or will it give IM2 a run for it's money with RDJ in the mix and go for silver? It may be a long shot, but there's always people out there thinking the next MCU movie will dethrone the might Avengers themselves. Eager to see what you guys all think, with RDJ and Civil War in play nothing is off the table with this movie! Vote now!

*NOTE*: Predictions are for Worldwide numbers. Post your DOM and OS predictions as well!

Cap3 would have passed GOTG pre Iron Man. Most likely doing $800-900m.

With RDJ and Iron Man, $1b is the floor. Depending on AOU and how the Tony & Steve dynamic plays out and the box office I could see Cap 2 opening to higher than Iron Man 3 numbers in the US so $170m+ o/w with at least a $400m finish. Cap 2 did $450m O/S and growing and Iron Man 3 did over $800m. Split the difference though I don't think it will and that's $625m O/S. $700m O/S minimum seems more probable.

This far out, without seeing AOU or how it performs or knowing the plot of how much Iron Man is in Cap 3 - I'd guess $1.2-1.3b

With Iron Man? I'm going to guess $1.2 billion - $1.3 billion. It's coming off of Age of Ultron plus Cap 2 was pretty damn successful too.

My gut says 1.2 but I truly feel that Everything MCU is trnding upwards so I'm going 1.3-1.4.

Without IM, they probably had 750 minimum. But it wasn't enough. They needed another billion dollar film in PIII. Iron Man basically guarantees that, unless the film is a critical disaster, or the MCU loses major steam after a disappointing reception to AoU. Highly unlikely. But once again shows how dependent the MCU is on RDJ.

With Ironman and the fact that the last one was very good. I'd say $1bn normally. I don't know whether Bat v Sup will help or hinder it or even have an effect. Comic book film fatigue might start to set in.

Will also depend a lot on AOU. Not just if it is very good but also if it leaves us with big question marks that can be resolved in Cap 3.

6 votes, no predictions under 1B. I like it!

With Iron Man vs Captain America, this is a billion dollar film.

I put down 1.1-1.2, but I mean that as a minimum. I can see it going higher I just don't know how high.

$1.3 billion is likely, with this basically being Captain America v Iron Man (from Caps Pov)

This is going to be Avengers-Lite with Stark & Black Panther and who knows who else headlining a crucial MCU-affecting story in Civil War. The box office will likely be more related to the 1st Avengers than the solos.

$1.3 billion is likely, with this basically being Captain America v Iron Man (from Caps Pov)

I sure hope so. I like Ironman, but I fear he might hijack this movie from Chris Evans. He's slowly starting to become the Wolverine of the MCU.

I'm thinking a billion is definitely in play.

Agreed, anything north of a billion is pretty likely given the stakes here.

Also, isn't it amazing that we almost had Batman v. Superman and Iron Man vs. Captain America coming out on the same day? We were sooooo close to having a Battle of the Battles!

I'm going with $1.3 B. 420 M DOM/ 880 M Foreign, but I think anything between $1 B and $1.5 B is in play.

A billion dollars, easy. Marvel isn't going to let up with the quality of their films, so with CA 3 following AoU as well as a hugely successful sequel, this would have to be B&F or B&R quality to not make $1 billion. And we know damn well Marvel ain't putting out a movie like that. haha

I predicted Cap 3 was going to be a billion dollar movie because it seemed to have gone the Iron Man Trilogy route. TWS nearly doubled what TFA made so a 3rd would have only done a whole lot more.

Now that Iron Man and Black Panther are playing major roles I think anything below would be disappointing to them. Just happy the Cap franchise will be doing well.

I'll go $1.1-1.2b at this early stage. I'll revise it as we get closer, naturally.

The only thing that might hold it back is that Cap 2 was quite serious and the humour was subtle. I loved it, but can see the fans who like Ninja Turtles etc... might not.

Hope it smashes a $billion though.

The Stark fans among the GA will be there. That's pretty much the billion before Cap even gets out of bed. I still can't believe IM3 made so much, but post AoU I think we'll be seeing an even bigger boost to all MCU films than the 1st Avengers gave to Phase 2 films.

Following Age of Ultron, it's a guaranteed billion +.

Then adding Iron Man to the mix-- and looking at Iron Man 3, man. That's already Avengers 1 numbers. And we still don't even know how Age of Ultron will do.

Gonna be crazy.

Last edited:
It's great to see the optimism in the polls. I'd love to see more team up movies in between Avengers films. Makes the wait seem shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"