Civil War Captain America 3: Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like Iron Man 3 this will get a hefty post-Avenger film boost.

Then you have appearances from lots of other Marvel heavy hitters (Iron Man, Black Panther) to fill the ranks and this will basically be Avengers 3 as far as audiences are concerned.

I'm going to go hard with 1.4 billion on the low end and 1.6 billion of the high end.

I wouldn't say $1.5 billion....I think it'll land between $1.0-1.3 billion at maximum. And if they only have a reasonable increase in the budget (somewhere between $180-200 million) it'll fair even better in the ways of making a huge profit.

I'm going conservative on this one...with $1.1 billion, lol.

I'm consistently awful at guessing box office figures, but here goes...925-1B. I think that the addition of Iron Man (and the premise of course), is enough to add a couple hundred mil to Cap 2's total. Its success also depends upon how well A2 sets the stage for Civil War.

My early prediction is $1.1-1.2b just because the big B is hard enough on it's own but with the way the MCU is trending I can see 1.6b easily. Assuming the growth in the foreign markets continue this has a shot at doing some serious damage and breaking some records

$1 - 1.1 Billion Captain America just doesn't have the BO pull of Ironman especially oversea so Unless Ironman is in the title of the movie $1 - 1.2 Billion(adj for inflation) is probably the Maximum

I don't think it will be breaking any records coming after AoU (which should do a lot more by every measure), but could challenge the 1st Avengers overseas if everything falls into place. Domestically I think the 1st Avengers is still too strong at over $600m.

I don't see how people could deny the juggernaut Captain America is becoming. After TWS his popularity has skyrocketed substantially & I'd say he now ranks among the top heroes.

He went from a $371 million pull to $714 million. That's a big difference & it's because he's had more exposure. After AoU drops, the increase will continue.

Disney and Marvel pretty much guaranteed a $1B worldwide gross when they extended RDJ's contract. Of course, he'll get a percentage of the gross but still a windfall for them nonetheless.

Domestic: $412 million
Worldwide: $550M-600M

After the big news about Spider-Man, I'm upping my estimate to $1.6B - 1.8B WW. Adding Iron Man was already going to make this a monster hit, but Spidey will make it incredible. It's really going to explode in Asia and Latin America, where Iron Man & Spider-Man are extremely popular. The earnings from China alone should be massive. :eek:

Between Captian America, Iron Man, and Spiderman all showing up, I'd say they're guaranteed a billion. And if Cap dies, I think it has a good chance of beating BvS.

After the big news about Spider-Man, I'm upping my estimate to $1.6B - 1.8B WW. Adding Iron Man was already going to make this a monster hit, but Spidey will make it incredible. It's really going to explode in Asia and Latin America, where Iron Man & Spider-Man are extremely popular. The earnings from China alone should be massive. :eek:

*pets Xeno's prediction*

Yes to all of this!

may superhero crossover films always be blockbusters box office breakers.

This is becoming an Avengers level event with both Iron Man & Spidey joining who knows who else. With that new info it should outdo the 1st Avengers worldwide, still not sure about domestic. Even without all the supporting films in between, how much are Marvel going to make just from the 3 upcoming Avengers films and CW?! I'm pretty sure over $8B. :cool:

This is pretty much an Avengers film except completely from Cap's perspective and with him as the sole main character, whereas Avengers would have to spread the wealth. I think the only Avengers that won't be in this are Hulk, Thor, and maybe the Maximoffs although I hope they are in a small role. Who thought there would be a day where a movie with Captain America in the title would have a chance to be in the top 3 highest grossing movies ever?

$1.75 Billion worldwide. With every Avenger coming back, sans Thor, to battle each other and with new Avengers coming in (Black Panther and Spider-Man), this movie looks to gross money worldwide between Avengers 1&2.

Coming so soon after AoU which should be bigger than the 1st film, I think it's gonna see an outsized AoU boost compared to other MCU films that follow.

Iron Man alone pulls in 1.2 billion with the Avengers boost. Now he will return after the billion dollar making AOU in a major role for Civil War. This will be an ensemble flick itself. Its not pulling anything less than a billion. I am going with 1.3 billion. Slightly Less than what I am predicting for AOU.

Its a Captain America movie with Ironman in it; I can guarantee that it will make a lot

Anthony Mackie said this film was like Avengers 3.8. So It'll probably make $3 billion, lol.

Honestly though, this film will outgrows IM3. So, expect it to challenge Avengers 1. At least 1.3 billion.

With RDJ playing a very large role in this movie and a boat load of familiar Marvel heroes appearing in this film, I don't know how this could do below $1B. Overseas marketing will likely call this Marvel's Civil War instead of Cap 3 to tone down the Americanism. IM3 did $1.2B and I feel like this movie has a lot more marketable elements than that movie, so $1.2B should be the benchmark.

Yeh why do they have to call it Captain America: Civil War, why cant it just be Civil War?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"