Civil War Captain America: Civil War - Early Tweet Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just happy that Frosty from Collider is so effusive about it since his takes on films are pretty good indicators for how I may like them.

I good sobering reminder for moments like this:
Germain Lussier ‏@GermainLussier 3m3 minutes ago I'll also admit, after 1 viewing, I have some small issues with the film. I'm guessing they'll shrink after a 2nd viewing to unpack them tho

Mike Ryan's finally got more to say:

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 6m6 minutes ago
Oh yeah, the big fight in Captain America: Civil War is cinematic joy. And Spider-Man is so great. He's in it more than I thought he'd be.

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 2m2 minutes ago I'm pretty sure Captain America: Civil War is my favorite Marvel movie.

@mjsamps
I’m trying not to talk about ‘Civil War’ by comparing it to BvS, but it’s hard. It succeeds because it's exactly what that film is not: FUN.

@mjsamps
The big battle scene in #CivilWar is an absolute blast. Spider-Man, as you'd expect, steals the show. Ant-Man, as you might not, a close 2nd

@mjsamps
Civil War and BvS tackle some of the same themes and have similar beats, yet Cap works because we know and care about these characters.

‏@devincf
Finally: the last fight between Steve and Tony is unlike anything you've seen in a Marvel movie. They're both right. You just want them

@devincf
to stop fighting. It packs a serious emotional punch.

OH MY GOD.

While the vast majority are fine, some critics are fanboys/girls in their own right and are sometimes prone to hyperbole or bias.

This. Let's not get ahead if ourselves too much.

It's nice to hear this stuff, though. Especially the love for Spidey and Black Panther. They need the love so badly.

It's really going to be hard to avoid BvS comparisons, especially considering the two films are being released only weeks apart.

Campea.jpg

I really can't wait to see this fight scene they're talking about. Considering how little we've seen so far in trailers and TV spots, I wouldn't be surprised if it's something that hasn't been highlighted much in them.

More Spidey love:

Andy Signore ‏@andysignore 4m4 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA It's not perfect... But it's far better than #Ultron & #BvS Every character gets a proper moment AND.We meet a great #SpiderMan #CivilWar

More from that Devin character:

nived ‏@devincf 8m8 minutes ago The movie is bigger in scale than WINTER SOLDIER but is so much more personal. The stakes are incredibly emotional.
nived ‏@devincf 8m8 minutes ago You have only seen 1% of the airport fight. The action is incredible. There's a staircase fight that turns into a chase that's an all timer.
nived ‏@devincf 6m6 minutes ago Finally: the last fight between Steve and Tony is unlike anything you've seen in a Marvel movie. They're both right. You just want them
nived ‏@devincf 7m7 minutes ago to stop fighting. It packs a serious emotional punch.
nived ‏@devincf 5m5 minutes ago I lied. One last last thing: this movie plays like a repudiation of BATMAN V SUPERMAN. A devastating reply.

@mjsamps
I’m trying not to talk about ‘Civil War’ by comparing it to BvS, but it’s hard. It succeeds because it's exactly what that film is not: FUN.

@mjsamps
The big battle scene in #CivilWar is an absolute blast. Spider-Man, as you'd expect, steals the show. Ant-Man, as you might not, a close 2nd

@mjsamps
Civil War and BvS tackle some of the same themes and have similar beats, yet Cap works because we know and care about these characters.

‏@devincf
Finally: the last fight between Steve and Tony is unlike anything you've seen in a Marvel movie. They're both right. You just want them

@devincf
to stop fighting. It packs a serious emotional punch.

OH MY GOD.

LOVE this part!

It's really going to be hard to avoid BvS comparisons, especially considering the two films are being released only weeks apart.
It's going to be unavoidable. Like it or not, I bet the comparisons will pop up in around 85-90% of all CW reviews.

This is so exciting! Will only give us more confidence in the Russos for Infinity War, and for Marvel to lift their social embargo this early...this movie is going to be tremendous. Can't wait!

It's going to be unavoidable. Like it or not, I bet the comparisons will pop up in around 85-90% of all CW reviews.

It's an easy thing to say judge a film on its merits, but when something similar has been released mere weeks before it's next to impossible to do so. BvS is still going to be very fresh in people's minds. You're right, it's unavoidable.

Can't we do what flickchick said and focus on just CW and not worry about BvS. There is a while BvS section of the forums for discussion.

Man I hope I agree with these Spider-Man comments. He's my favorite Marvel Hero, my second favorite Superhero overall, and it would be so awesome to see him in all his glory on film again.

I'm literally so ****ing ready for this movie!!

And these are critics not fans, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back