First Avenger Captain America: News and Speculation VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Manager's presense is looming!

* Chris will get a brand new costume in The Avengers (he did a screen test with the new costume two days ago in New Mexico, Albuquerque)

I hope that it's truly a new and improved costume and not just update of the old one.

* Expect big clash of personalities between Tony Stark & Steve in The Avengers

I almost squealed like a girl when I heard this

Guess now we know why Chris isn't as stacked as before. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon.

Last edited:
I hope that it's truly a new and improved costume and not just update of the old one.

Same here and hearing Evans talk about Cap and IM gets me extremely excited for this film and The Avengers.

captain-america.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/166747-new-captain-america-the-first-avenger-photo

A truly new costume and not an updated version of the old one? You mean the old one that is clearly and obviously inspired by the 616 costume? Dude, an updated version of that costume WOULD be the 616 costume.

Seriously, what's it missing... 3D wings, real stripes and and the form fitting, more 616 type top? Era appropriate colour tweaking and bang.

Just imagine the wings to the pic above. It would look ridiculous. This is just my opinion.

I could easily see little, metal wing insignias sticking off the side. That would work fine.

Loved the Evans interviews. I especially like his enthusiasm for the new Avengers suit. Can't wait to see it.

Is it me or does Hayley Atwell look ridiculously hot in that pic holding the gun.

Seriously, what's it missing... 3D wings, real stripes and and the form fitting, more 616 type top? Era appropriate colour tweaking and bang.

This is what I meant by an update. You're literally swapping one thing out for another. I don't want them to just take the old suit and add new elements to it. And I don't want them to do what people used to speculate that they'd use the same suit design just updated 21st century materials.

What I meant was I want a completely new and improved suit made from scratch from the ground up. Make it more form fitting, different boots and gloves (hopefully ones that are red), different materials, real stripes, a more 616-esque top, a larger star, and a mask/cowl with wings.

I think that anyone who really thinks the updated costume is just going to be his 616 outfit is fooling them self. There is literally no reason at all to assume that at this point.

I think that anyone who really thinks the updated costume is just going to be his 616 outfit is fooling them self. There is literally no reason at all to assume that at this point.
As the WWII is a mix of the modern and old costume of the Ultimates, we can assume the modern one will look a lot like this:
ultimates2hs.jpg

Jerkofwonder said:

Why not, it would just be a reworking of the elements already on the First Avenger's suit, minus the straps.

I find Evans description of the dichotomy between Cap and Iron Man... interesting. I am looking forward to how it plays out, but Evans described Cap as selfless(I get), quiet and in the shadows(I don't get) particularly, in the shadows. IMO Cap should be a take charge, up front kind of guy, and that should create the friction. If he is quiet and in the shadows how does that create conflict for the characters?

Last edited:
As the WWII is a mix of the modern and old costume of the Ultimates, we can assume the modern one will look a lot like this:
ultimates2hs.jpg
The movie suit is nothing like the ult. WW2 suit. Maybe if you mean the makeshift one with the helmet and jacket? Actually the costume in the cap movie looks more like the pic you posted than the WW2 suit. Of course it will echo captain america, but it is just wishful thinking to assume it will look so much like the 616 suit, especially considering how they use it in Cap. You can find all the reason to convince yourself, but remember when you want something to be true you need to scrutinize it more. Yes it is possible, but at this point there is no reason to assume it will be 616 cap. I seriously doubt that it will be anything more than a modernized version of his movie suit.

I find Evans description of the dichotomy between Cap and Iron Man... interesting. I am looking forward to how it plays out, but Evans described Cap as selfless(I get), quiet and in the shadows(I don't get) particularly, in the shadows. IMO Cap should be a take charge, up front kind of guy, and that should create the friction. If he is quiet and in the shadows how does that create conflict for the characters?

Possibly conflicted between letting Stark run the show while he deals with his own drama (where I can see him being somewhat reserved) and the need to take charge and provide the team with proper leadership.

Yeah that's how I see it too. Cap follows orders from Stark because he's a soldier. Eventually he'll step up and confront Stark and some conflict will obviously come from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"