First Avenger Captain America: News and Speculation VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem likely. If we guessed that, to be Howard Stark's business partner, Stane would have to be at least 20 years old... then, if he was 20 years old in 1942, that would have made him 86 years old at the time of the Iron Man movie.

No way was the character supposed to be that old, and there's no plausible way to explain that he was that old but looked 25 years younger.

Who's to say that Stane and Stark had to be around the same age? Maybe Stark Sr met him late in his life? You're prob right but it's not impossible

I seem to recall that's what basically happened. There was flashes of news at the beginning of IM that mention something like that.

Who's to say that Stane and Stark had to be around the same age? Maybe Stark Sr met him late in his life? You're prob right but it's not impossible

That's my point.

If Stane was Stark Sr's business partner in this movie, in 1942, that would make him about 86 years old (or so) in 2008, in the Iron Man movie. (Leave aside the floating timeline of IM/IM2/Thor etc.) Stane is obviously NOT 86 years old in Iron Man.

(For reference: Stan Lee was 86 when Iron Man came out. He's 89 now.)

For Stane to be his apparent age in Iron Man (approximately 60), he would be... not born yet in 1942.

So yes, it's fairly impossible for Stane to show up in "Captain America", set in 1942, as Howard Stark's business partner.

I like how his pants fit perfectly when he comes out of the machine.

I watched the trailer and paused it at the train scene. Does that shot remind anyone else of the end section of the train level from Uncharted 2 for the PS3? (another Indiana Jones inspired product).
Yep. I said that a few pages ago:
The shot in the trailer where Cap is running on top of a train in the snow really reminds me of Uncharted 2.

Nice trailer.
It always reminds me of that. I hope it's as good too.

Anyone know what was supposed to be released today? Rim mentioned something.

capstrut.jpg

:awesome::up:

Anyone know what was supposed to be released today? Rim mentioned something.

I think it was the set reports. Front page has one and MTV had one too I believe.

I'm sure Skinny Steve wears tightie whities but when he becomes Super Steve do you think he wears boxers?

So Skull is a supersoldier too...interesting

I thought Joe Johnston and Chris Evans were going to stay away from Patriotism in this trilogy. The new trailer indicates otherwise.

"Heroes are made in America"...

I thought Joe Johnston and Chris Evans were going to stay away from Patriotism in this trilogy. The new trailer indicates otherwise.

im pretty sure neither one have control over marketting

Just saw the trailer....and it was more than bad, it was one of the most PATHETIC things i ever saw.

"Heroes are made in America", what kind of crap is that?

It´s offensive...not for the world, but for superheroes, comics and especially Captain America himself.
Fricking ridiculous

Last edited:

heh I'm thinking that the American trailers will be more Patriotic than the international ones.
Besides what Joe does in the movie doesn't have anything with the Trailers I bet.

Isildur´s Heir;20704587 said:
Just saw the trailer....and it was more than bad, it was one of the most PATHETIC things i ever saw.

"Heroes are made in America", what kind of crap is that?

Not only goes against what a superhero is, it goes against who Captain America is...ridiculous.

Exactly, I was alittle disgusted with that tagline. I wonder if it will backfire on the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"