Civil War Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty - (Chris Evans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a question we should ask is what are people going to go see this movie for.

What's going to be the draw?

Because a lot are going to see this for Civil War, or Panther, or Iron Man.

I will answer for myself, based my own reasons for being drawn to the film:

1) To see Cap in action again and to follow his story arc further. He's been one of my favorite characters in the MCU.

2) To see both the friendship and the clash between him and Iron Man.

3) To see what elements of Civil War will be incorporated into the story and how they will be used.

4) To see how Steve's search for Bucky unfolds.

5) To see what new villains may appear (like perhaps Zemo leading his own faction of Hydra)

6) To see Black Panther's role in the story.

Seems to me there are ample, multiple reasons to be drawn to the movie. I'm quite excited.

My one and only reason to see this movie is because Cap is my guy, Chris Evans is my (imaginary) boo. And the creative team behind it was responsible for my favorite CBM ever.

Everything else (Cap vs. Tony, Black Panther, Bucky and Sam...) is just cherries and whipped cream on top of a sundae of awesome.

I love what Markus & McFeely have written for Cap, I love what the Russos have done for him as directors. I am over the moon on how fantastic Chris Evans is Steve Rogers.

There is nothing the creative team has done that shows that they don't respect and love Steve Rogers and consider him the star of his own show. There is nothing in what I've read about the upcoming movie that I expect to change that.

Adding Black Widow as an almost co-lead, adding Falcon as new friend/superhero and having Bucky return from the dead all tortured and bad-ass took nothing away from Steve as the center of his film in in TWS or detracted in any way from Evan's magnificent performance. They all just gave him new elements to play off.

I expect nothing different in regards to RDJ's Iron Man or Chad's BP or anyone else added to the film. Steve will still be front and center and the film will still be about how Steve affects and changes the world around him.

Tony has always been a big part or Steve's life in the comic, professionally and personally and there's no reason that should be confined to just the Avengers. The Civil War while it messily sprawled across the entire Marvel universe was at it's core about Steve and Tony.

It's obvious from that clip of them shown from AOU that this story is being built to and that this film will also have repercussions to the MCU - just as TWS did.

So much of the kvetching I've read about this online from fans is worry about how his supporting cast will get less screen time, mostly about Bucky. Frankly I'm not concerned. They'll get enough to flesh out their characters and relationships and tell a bit of their story. M&M and The Russos have shown they can work well and in depth with multiple characters.

But in the end this isn't a Cap and his Crew story and certainly not a Bucky Barnes movie. It's a Steve Rogers movie. He is the main protagonist and every other character in the films exists to play off or affect, be it Bucky, Sam, BW, Fury, Peggy, Erskine, The Howling Commandos, Red Skull etc. I don't expect that to be any different with Tony and T'Challa.

For people saying 'poor Chris' I would suggest look at the chemistry of all the Avengers cast, and how they state they prefer it when they have scenes together. Evans will probably love doing another film with RDJ and getting to do more stuff with him.

And those people who will go to see Civil War solely cos of Iron Man being in it, well then that is a good thing cos then even more people will see how badass Cap is.

Cap brings Tony down from his high horse, just look at the clip from the event, Caps words hit Stark. No smart ass quips or retorts this time.

I love what Markus & McFeely have written for Cap, I love what the Russos have done for him as directors. I am over the moon on how fantastic Chris Evans is Steve Rogers.

There is nothing the creative team has done that shows that they don't respect and love Steve Rogers and consider him the star of his own show. There is nothing in what I've read about the upcoming movie that I expect to change that.

Adding Black Widow as an almost co-lead, adding Falcon as new friend/superhero and having Bucky return from the dead all tortured and bad-ass took nothing away from Steve as the center of his film in in TWS or detracted in any way from Evan's magnificent performance. They all just gave him new elements to play off.

I expect nothing different in regards to RDJ's Iron Man or Chad's BP or anyone else added to the film. Steve will still be front and center and the film will still be about how Steve affects and changes the world around him.

Tony has always been a big part or Steve's life in the comic, professionally and personally and there's no reason that should be confined to just the Avengers. The Civil War while it messily sprawled across the entire Marvel universe was at it's core about Steve and Tony.

It's obvious from that clip of them shown from AOU that this story is being built to and that this film will also have repercussions to the MCU - just as TWS did.

So much of the kvetching I've read about this online from fans is worry about how his supporting cast will get less screen time, mostly about Bucky. Frankly I'm not concerned. They'll get enough to flesh out their characters and relationships and tell a bit of their story. M&M and The Russos have shown they can work well and in depth with multiple characters.

But in the end this isn't a Cap and his Crew story and certainly not a Bucky Barnes movie. It's a Steve Rogers movie. He is the main protagonist and every other character in the films exists to play off or affect, be it Bucky, Sam, BW, Fury, Peggy, Erskine, The Howling Commandos, Red Skull etc. I don't expect that to be any different with Tony and T'Challa.
My sentiments exactly. Two thumbs up!

For people saying 'poor Chris' I would suggest look at the chemistry of all the Avengers cast, and how they state they prefer it when they have scenes together. Evans will probably love doing another film with RDJ and getting to do more stuff with him.

Do you honestly expect him to say otherwise? Do you expect any of them, while marketing a billion dollar franchise, to badmouth a fellow castmate?

Actors say a lot of ****, doesn't mean they mean it. Evans has said that Steve is still looking for a home and he's finding it with the Avengers, seemingly ignoring the profound friendship he struck with Sam.

Also, I don't believe for a second that Tony really is the villain, and they're just not going team up at the end to stop someone else.

Do you honestly expect him to say otherwise? Do you expect any of them, while marketing a billion dollar franchise, to badmouth a fellow castmate?

Actors say a lot of ****, doesn't mean they mean it. Evans has said that Steve is still looking for a home and he's finding it with the Avengers, seemingly ignoring the profound friendship he struck with Sam.

1 friend is not a home.

A bunch of friends, in a tower where you can live and work together, could possibly be a home.

And yeah you can expect them to not all separately say they prefer doing scenes together. Have you seen any interviews or behind the scenes stuff they clearly all get along, and whilst you can say they are actors and they are pretending well a lot of actors clearly don't get along in interviews and have zero chemistry going on.

Basically you are basing all your opinions on nothing whilst I at least am basing mine on observations.

I mean if Chris Evans came out and said he hates RDJ and wish he wasn't in his movie, based on your logic, I could just claim he is spouting ****

1 friend is not a home.

A bunch of friends, in a tower where you can live and work together, could possibly be a home.

One friend, with a very close rapport who we've seen get a long with much better than anyone thus far.

And yeah you can expect them to not all separately say they prefer doing scenes together. Have you seen any interviews or behind the scenes stuff they clearly all get along, and whilst you can say they are actors and they are pretending well a lot of actors clearly don't get along in interviews and have zero chemistry going on.

Not if they want to keep their jobs, they don't.

Basically you are basing all your opinions on nothing whilst I at least am basing mine on observations.

I mean if Chris Evans came out and said he hates RDJ and wish he wasn't in his movie, based on your logic, I could just claim he is spouting ****

No, see, people who work together, whether it is in the film industry or in an office, generally try to maintain a working etiquette.

They don't go around picking fights and badmouthing each other to anyone who will hear.

Now I don't claim to exactly how Evans feels about Downey, but thinking all is right because he said he likes working with the guy isn't enough.

Well then... Took the words right out of my mouth! I couldn't agree with your more regarding this movie. I have all the faith in his creative team, and sorry to those who don't.

There is just a lot of projection going on here, into actor's brains, about what they may or may not actually feel about their movie. Regardless of that, one thing these movies have shown is that is the Avengers each have interesting dynamics with each other. Cap feel s Widow and Thor are probably his closest allies, but he also has an interesting vibe with RDJ. He abhors Tony's flash-in-the-pan theatrics, has no problems telling him what for, almost like an older brother vibe. AOU and CW will both be interesting in respect to how that relationship further devolves or evolves.

I'd like to think both Chris and RDJ are professionals and enjoy working with each other. That certainly came across during SDCC when contract negotiations were taking place for RDJ's role in CW.

Insofar as Steve not feeling like he has a "home" anywhere... We don't know for sure what's up with Sam during AoU. Could be that Sam's still searching for Bucky while Steve deals with pesky robot armies, could be that Sam went back to work if/when Bucky went back underground. Having Sam as a really close ally/bro doesn't mean Steve should mooch off of him for the next two years. Part of Steve's relatability is his constant quest to find his place in the world. He's a man out of his time. His home was the long ago past. He has friends, he has allies, he has bros, but he still feels like he's missing something. That is a driving characteristic in this version of Steve Rogers, as it should be, as he's only had five movies so far to develop, rather than the 75 or so years of comic development.

M&M and The Russos have shown they can work well and in depth with multiple characters.

Within limits.

Believe it or not, even people worrying about Steve's supporting cast want the movie to be about Steve.

And they want Steve playing off of Sam, and Winter Soldier, and Sharon.

We already got Steve playing off of RDJ, and we'll get it in AoU and Infinity War.

Where else is Steve going to play off of those other characters, if not it in his own last solo movie.

tumblr_nig11prjoE1tazb41o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Chris the leader of the Guardians vs Chris the leader of the Avengers!

Thor needs to take the throne so then we'll also have Chris, the leader of the Asgardians

Thor needs to take the throne so then we'll also have Chris, the leader of the Asgardians

Ah, but is Thor a football fan? My guess would be he'd go to a Giants vs Bears game and be massively disappointed there were no actual bears and giants involved. :woot:

I. AM. VERKLEMPT.

Evans and Pratt are my new absolute favorites. Their hearts are as big as their muscles.

Also… "seachickens". ROFL.

Captain America would be a 12 because he hates cheaters. Go Hawks!

[YT]watch?v=0RlZpL-Y3_Q[/YT]

In this interview done during a charity event in early Jan he's asked about his Marvel contract and says currently, well they've done four and there are THREE more.

So, unless he misspoke it looks like he renegotiated for another movie, but the question is which one? For the Avengers Infinity Two Parter or another Cap?

Last edited:
GAHHHHH… his beard game is strong, as is my thirst for the man.

I would *REALLY* love it if he did renegotiate for another Cap movie. Would be wonderful. Give him a Marvel break between CW and IW part two, then come back in Phase IV for more Steve Rogers adventures!

(And yes, before anyone brings up my posts, while I did talk about Steve
"dying" it was mostly only really in context of the recent rumors. I want Steve to live, I want to see Chris continue to play him because he is perfect and a gorgeous hunka man meat… I'd prefer if they Nomad him after CW and he gets some sort of closure in the movie for the first part of the Cap trilogy, a la IM 3
)

[YT]watch?v=0RlZpL-Y3_Q[/YT]

In this interview done during a charity event in early Jan he's asked about his Marvel contract and says currently, well they've done four and there are THREE more.

So, unless he misspoke it looks like he renegotiated for another movie, but the question is which one? For the Avengers Infinity Two Parter or another Cap?
I'd assume he'd be talking about Civil War and the two parter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"