Captain America: Super Soldier (The Video Game)

Discussion in 'Captain America: The First Avenger' started by RealIrOnMaN, Oct 5, 2010.

1. BizarroAids

You could've just linked that part to IGNs site...instead of copying and bolding it all out. :huh:

Gameplay doesn't look too bad. Let's hope they learned from Iron Man 1 and 2, I'd love to same some of the fighting moves like he had in MUA.

Also I noticed, he puts the shield on his back pretty f***in quick. :oldrazz:

2. Iron_Stark

Iron_Stark That's a one-off

The trailer looked pretty cool.

I liked that move he did at the end. :woot:

3. Ryudoz

Ryudoz Cleaning woman?!?!

This game looks like a star-spangled knockoff of Batman: Arkham Asylum. And while I loved loved loved that game, this is Sega we're talking about. Not Rocksteady. Knockoffs, much like their definition, are never as good as the original.

I'll be passing.

(And this is from a die hard Shellhead/GL fan who still hasn't seen them done any justice.)

4. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i wish this suit was the movie suit. also i played the wolverine game and it wasn't that good. maybe compared to other movie games it was good, but as a stand alone game it was just a button masher. the levels were tedious just run here and fight a group, then run here and fight a group. the older wolverine game with mark hammil as logan was better, you could stealth kill your way through the whole game. also jumping from jeeps and vehicles were just simple, uncharted 2 had way better vehicle jumping mechanics than wolverine. i think some people have selective memory when it comes to the wolverine game. it was not that good.

anyway back to this game, i hope this suit is the movie suit for modern times. this suit looks way better. i hope this game has some sort of counter system that way you can do throws and disarms. rather than just throw the shield and punch and kick. stealth mechanic would also be good. you could take out people like mgs

5. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

I'm no defender of SEGA (they've put out some miserable movie-based games) but I don't think we can lay all of the blame on the developers. Movie studios tend to only give them about a year for the development cycle, which is about a whole year too short. You can always tell movie games that have longer cycles (Wolverine) and ones who rush it to market to meet studio demands (IM and IM2). The quality difference is staggering.

Given that Marvel seems bent on getting Cap and Thor's games out with the movie release, I don't hold out much hope for either.

6. Ryudoz

Ryudoz Cleaning woman?!?!

Indeed, development cycle of any kind of product has a great impact on the quality of said product. The time allotted for such development is critical. And given the time constraints of the film properties always can hamper a game. Granted, given a bunch of time to make the game isn't always a recipe for success, but it greatly increases it's chances of not being a poor product.

7. Surfer

Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

Lately, Sega has put out some crappy titles for sure, but Sega has also put out some really awesome titles in the past, so I will try to remain positive. :yay:

One of my favorites was actually comic book related too, X-Men for Sega Genesis. I loved everything about this game from the cover art to the part where you get to Mojo and it tells you in order to diffuse the bomb you need to reset the system and you actually have to reset the Genesis system. Simply genius.

I also agree with aeamek. Movie production companies often do not give game developers enough time to produce good titles related to their movies, and this has been the case for many of Sega's recent superhero titles. I realize everyone equates Sega's titles to Rocksteady's Batman Arkham Asylum, but Arkham was not based on the story of the Dark Knight, therefore Rocksteady was able to take their time and really work out all of the details and refine the combat system. Don't get me wrong I love Arkham Asylum, but it's quality can not be compared to what Sega is putting out, when Rocksteady has not been given the same set of restrictions.

Just my thoughts.

Surfer

8. nogap87

nogap87 Well-Known Member

I liked Wolverine: Origins and Batman:AA equally. So I would be happy if CA:SS turned out like either one of them.

Yea, I thought that was kinda weird. Does he have a magnet on his back or is he just putting his arms through the straps really, really fast.

9. Hush

Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

The game looks like a high grade PS2 game. Honestly can't the spend time and give us quality?

10. Surfer

Well the game is not completely done yet either, these are just early images and video. The game is probably set to release when the Movie comes out. So, they still have a while to polish things up. :yay:

Also, a side note. Everyone is kind of hard on Sega, but Sega was a leader 20 years ago, and without their direction, the future of gaming might not have been the same. Most games in the 80's and even very early 90's used sprites, there was only a handful of games that attempted polygons (the first being I, robot in 1983), but most were not very successful. However, Sega saw the value in this technology and revolutionized it with games like Virtua Racing and Virtua Fighter. These games had vastly improved visuals in terms of polygon count, frame rate, and overall scene complexity, which all contributed to a greater sense of immersion. These 2 games went on to be very successful and other companies took notice. After Sega's success with these 2 titles, Polygon games became more common practice and eventually replaced the sprite technology as being the main way games are developed. So, when you play Rocksteady's Batman Arkham Asylum try to remember that Sega helped to make it possible.:yay:

Surfer

11. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I love the suit, I hope that how Cap will look like in the film.

12. misjuevos

misjuevos WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

i have to say i did not like xo wolverine.

13. piccolo

piccolo Doom is watching you

14. Iron_Stark

True, plus SEGA used to kick ass in making Superhero games. X-Men and X-Men 2: Clone Wars were far superior to the sh***y X-Men games Nintendo put out. The Spider-Man vs Kingpin game that they made was pure awesomeness.

And when it came to porting games SEGA ruled with an iron fist, the Captain America and the Avengers port on the Genesis was also FAR superior to the port the SNES and NES system put out. As were their ports for the Incredible Hulk, the Death and Return of Superman, Batman ('89) the Game. (Nintendo's ports always had bad controls, horrible music and sound fx)

Also, in fact most arcade ports SEGA put out were superior than what Nintendo did.

About the only port Nintendo did better than SEGA was the Batman Returns game.

Man I miss those days.

15. Surfer

I agree 100%. To most people Sega is all about what have you done lately, but as I posted earlier one of my favorites games was, X-Men by Sega for the Genesis. I loved everything about the game from the cover art to the part where you get to Mojo and it tells you in order to diffuse the bomb you need to reset the system and you actually have to reset the Genesis system. Simply genius. Also, Spiderman Vs. Kingpin another incredible title as you pointed out. Many people viewed the Saturn and Dreamcast as failure systems, but to anyone who played Capcom's Marvel Superhero's using a converter cartridge for Saturn, knew it was a far superior version to the Playstation crap they put out. As for the Dreamcast, Namco's Soul Calibur remained one of the most beautiful and well put together fighting titles for that generation of systems. Unfortunately, these systems did not meet with public success for whatever reason (perhaps lack of third party support), and I don't think Sega has been the same since. However, they were a power once and if they manage to pull off a few good titles they could be a power again in my opinion. Hopefully, Captain America will be one of those titles to help them return to their former glory.

Surfer

16. KalMart

KalMart 239-Bean Irish Chili

Those 'feathers' on his shirt look even sillier in 3D-rendering than they do in comics. :csad:

17. arman200

arman200 Well-Known Member

After Dreamcast and Sega's move to being simply a game developer, they changed into a different company. That's why we don't look back at those titles and hope for the best, because they are pretty awful now. They can't even do justice to the franchise that made them so popular(sonic) anymore, so it's hard to hold out hope that they'd do justice to marvel's various franchises.

18. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

Sometimes I wonder if Marvel has a bit of an old fashioned attitude to video games. They don't seem to put as much passion and love into that medium as they do for movies or comic books.

19. Deaths Head II

Deaths Head II The Sequel

I could not disagree more. I thought X2: Wolverine's Revenge sucked. Which is kind of ironic since the movie X2 was awesome and the movie X-Men Origins sucked. In fact, X-Men Origins: Wolverine was probably the first really good solo Wolverine game ever IMO.

20. Iron_Stark

Yep, I remember being stuck on the Mojo level until I read on a Game Pro magazine on how you had to manually reset the Genesis. :awesome:

I also forgot to mention SEGA did something sort of revolutionary at the time when Magneto was a playable character for the second game, I know people may take it for granted now with the XML games and the MUA games but it was unheard of at the time.

Yeah I'm still hoping SEGA returns to it's former glory.

21. Surfer

I agreed earlier that they have been putting out some pretty crappy titles lately, but just as things have changed for the worse, I believe there is always hope that things can change back in their favor. Also, I feel if they don't eventually get their act together they could be faced with becoming another Atari, but until such time I will try to remain positive.:yay:

Surfer

22. captainrogers

captainrogers Diluted SuperSoldier

I think that might just be an extra 'skin' for the game. Marvel probably doesn't wanna let Sega unveil what Chris's final movie suit looks like yet. But I like being given the option to play as Cap with his comics suit.

23. Shivsguy616

Shivsguy616 Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking too.

24. Surfer

25. GamerSlyRatchet

GamerSlyRatchet Well-Known Member