First Avenger Captain America: The First Avenger Merchandise Thread.

so are they doing 6inch lines for cap and thor aswell now ?

thats awesome if true :D

I hope they do, I was terribly disapointed when I saw the Spiderman 3 basic figures and i've been depressed ever since lol.

I hope they do, I was terribly disapointed when I saw the Spiderman 3 basic figures and i've been depressed ever since lol.

i was so pissed when they did that
i had only just bought all the main figures when they were discounted then they brought out the 6inch series

Yeah, and the Red/Blue Spiderman was the Spiderman 2 figure with a diffrent package :(
I only got Venom and New Goblin from those

I didn't see any among the pics I've got. Sorry man.

That's cool. There's that digital design file floating around which I'm assuming is how it looks but I was just kind of curious to see it painted and all that.

No worries.

That's cool. There's that digital design file floating around which I'm assuming is how it looks but I was just kind of curious to see it painted and all that.

No worries.

Yeah that's the only one I saw, and it doesn't really show up that well, being a sculpt.

I can't wait for proof of the 6in figure. I Hope they at least make Thor and Captain America 6 in figs to stand next to my 6in Iron Man. I refuse to buy any of the smaller figs

i'm waiting for the reveal of the hot toys figure. that thing is going to be gorgeous

They usually are gorgeous, but always so damn expensive! :cmad:

I'm ready for the first Sideshow bust of Evans, and then the statue. :hrt:

I want a shield, that's all. I don't care if it's plastic, as long as it's a proper size and not especially flimsy. Similarly, the only Thor merch I really want is a good Mjolnir replica, and maybe a helmet. Cool figures would also be good, obviously, but I mainly want some props.

Last edited:
I've seen plastic shields that only cost about 20-25 bucks. You can find that a most costume shops.

And I've seen metal shields all over the place online. Most of them range from 60 to 75 dollars, the quality is pretty good too.

The only shields I've ever seen are small ones around halloween. I can't remember how much they were, but I remember thinking it was more than I'd be willing to pay for one that wasn't to scale. Maybe good, proper sized ones are harder to find up here in Canada.

The only shields I've ever seen are small ones around halloween. I can't remember how much they were, but I remember thinking it was more than I'd be willing to pay for one that wasn't to scale. Maybe good, proper sized ones are harder to find up here in Canada.
they had larger versions of those shields on sale around halloween for the last couple years for around $25, you can probably find them on most costume sites. i want a to scale metal replica of the movie shield, but the only shield like that i've ever seen went from anywhere between $150 and $300

they had larger versions of those shields on sale around halloween for the last couple years for around $25, you can probably find them on most costume sites. i want a to scale metal replica of the movie shield, but the only shield like that i've ever seen went from anywhere between $150 and $300

This is the size of the plastic ones. I saw a metal shield on Ebay, it was going for 55.

capmike.jpg

yeah, i've got a big and a small version of the plastic one, but i've never seen the good factory x shields going that cheap

That's because you aren't searching enough my friend!!!

Oh the metal shields also come with a handle on the back, and it's really sturdy.

wonder if anyone will do a replica of the helmet? i definately wouldnt mind owning one if they do. may even wear it from time to time. lol

That's because you aren't searching enough my friend!!!

Oh the metal shields also come with a handle on the back, and it's really sturdy.
well then it seems i have an activity for tonight:oldrazz:

wonder if anyone will do a replica of the helmet? i definately wouldnt mind owning one if they do. may even wear it from time to time. lol
i really hope so, or at least a good quality halloween mask replica, i want to be able to wear it (which is often difficult with my large head)

I'm working the movie shield right now actually :)

Before the movie even started up I had been working on my own version of a Capt America suit, and my idea for the shield was very similar to what is in the movie, the only difference is how they did the back straps.

So I am working on an anodized aluminum one with grooves very similar to the film. This one is 26" though the film one looks slightly smaller in the newest released pics.

Here is mine so far, haven't gotten the grooves in yet or anodozing, but the lines are on.

Shield blank
IMG_0113.jpg

working on some aluminum finish types and the lines are added on for the groove pattern:

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

cool, where did you get your blank?

i found some of those $50 shields, but i didn't like the look of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija