The Winter Soldier Captain America : The Winter Soldier Blu-Ray/DVD Countdown Thread

This will be the first steelbook I own, ever. Granted it isn't sold out by the time I get to the store.

Since I have to wait until I am done with classes, which will be at 4ish, I went ahead and just preordered it for store pickup. That way I know I'll have a steel book for sure. You should see if your Best Buy location has that option.

Since I have to wait until I am done with classes, which will be at 4ish, I went ahead and just preordered it for store pickup. That way I know I'll have a steel book for sure. You should see if your Best Buy location has that option.
Ah yeah my store does have that! I actually work right next to a Best Buy so I'm gonna go on my break right when they open. :cwink:

As long as I have it paid off, yep. :word:

This film is freakin glorious in HD.
Raaad. Yeah I saw on blu-ray.com that the PQ and AQ got both 5 stars.

2 more days until Blu-Ray/DVD
1jta80.jpg

Amazon is not listing the 3D/BR/Digital Copy version anymore for some reason. Only versions I can find are the 1-disc BR and DVD versions. Still don't like that I can't get a BR/DVD/DC anymore now that Disney has taken over complete control of Marvel's releases. I had uses for all 3 but now with the digital copy only coming with 3D combo pack, I don't have a use for the 3D version and may have to buy the 1-disc DVD so I can watch it on all the TVs in my house.

Last edited:
I don't like that they're forcing people to buy a 3D copy along with the others. Are 3D TVs really selling that well? My impression was that they've been sort of flopping and not many people have 3D TVs.

I'd much rather they bring back the DVD/ BR combo and sell a 3D copy separately for those who want them.

Anyone think they will release a Phase 2 Collection? I've been holding off on getting any of the films on dvd thus far just in case so I dont double dip.

I'm just worried that the Phase 2 Collection will only have animatics and deleted scenes as special features like Phase 1. If they go that route it's not really worth a purchase for me and I'd rather just get them individually.

Amazon dispatched my blu-ray today, so i'm happy :woot:

They shipped it today. Should be arriving by tomorrow hopefully :woot:

So, I wound up pre-ordering the Steelbook at Best Buy. I wasn't interested in the 3D, but I didn't really like the boxart for all the other versions. The art on the Steelbook seemed worth the jump, as well as the Best Buy offer in buying the Steelbook of Captain America at $14.99 for buying a TV show of atleast $14.99 (wound up getting Banshee season one).

Which one will be the one that sells for about 3 times the normal price on ebay?

So, I wound up pre-ordering the Steelbook at Best Buy. I wasn't interested in the 3D, but I didn't really like the boxart for all the other versions. The art on the Steelbook seemed worth the jump, as well as the Best Buy offer in buying the Steelbook of Captain America at $14.99 for buying a TV show of atleast $14.99 (wound up getting Banshee season one).
Going for the Best Buy deal as well since I can also get the DVD version for $4.99 in the same purchase (getting Person of Interest Season 3.)

It is down to mere hours before I can HOLD THIS MOVIE IN MY HANDS AND PERHAPS LICK IT

It is down to mere hours before I can HOLD THIS MOVIE IN MY HANDS AND PERHAPS LICK IT
I'll be getting mine by the end of the week or next Monday as I just placed my order today. I saved a total of nearly $18 by making my purchase at BB instead of Amazon.

Was gonna get the best buy steel book but then I saw that Walmart has like 5 different covers to chose from and the ones with the Winter Soldier and cap looking down at a profile look way too cool.

Last edited:
Lol. Just watched the first one right now. Right there with you buddy.

I'll be getting mine by the end of the week or next Monday as I just placed my order today. I saved a total of nearly $18 by making my purchase at BB instead of Amazon.
Everyone take note.

Was gonna get the best buy steel book but then I saw that Walmart has like 5 different covers to chose from and the ones with the Winter Soldier and cap looking down at a profile look way too cool.
Heard about these but never seen em. Perhaps a link?

I just finished watching this on Blu. It's definitely a demo disc, although I haven't gotten around to the extras yet. As for the picture, it's really crisp and gorgeous, especially noticeable during the first confrontation between Cap/Widow/Wilson, as well as the final battle. The sound is sharp (which made me appreciate Winter Soldier's score whenever he popped up), so no complaints there. The movie itself... I enjoyed it even more than I did in theatres.

Even after GotG, The Winter Soldier just might be my favorite Marvel film.

Last edited:
I just finished watching this on Blu. It's definitely a demo disc, although I haven't gotten around to the extras yet. As for the picture, it's really crisp and gorgeous, especially noticeable during the first confrontation between Cap/Widow/Wilson, as well as the final battle. The sound is sharp (which made me appreciate Winter Soldier's score whenever he popped up), so no complaints there. The movie itself... I enjoyed it even more than I did in theatres.

Even after GotG, The Winter Soldier just might be my favorite Marvel film.
:up: I'd have to say so myself.

I love the one of his profile looking down, but I'm still gonna go for blu-ray. Thanks for sharing!

Everyone take note.
Here's the breakdown of my purchase from BB:
Person of Interest Season 3 BR/DVD: $44.99
Captain America Steelbook: $14.99
Captain America DVD: $4.99

For comparison, here's that same order from Amazon:
PoI S3 BR/DVD: $42.99
CA Steelbook: $24.99
CA DVD: $14.96

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"