The Winter Soldier Captain America: The Winter Soldier Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably going to raise my prediction a bit if Thor: The Dark Worlds does over 800 M.

There's going to be a trailer with Thor! Hallelujah!

But October is too long to wait! :csad:

ALB83.gif

Wrong thread, but what the hell! I'm still excited! :)

Last edited:
I'd like to see Cap do $250 M domestic, and $350 M foreign. I'm not sure if that's too high or not, but I think it can at least do $200 M/$300 M, to break $500 M.

I really wish it could do Man of Steel numbers
I know it won't, but Cap deserves it, dammit

There's going to be a trailer with Thor! Hallelujah!

But October is too long to wait! :csad:

ALB83.gif

Wrong thread, but what the hell! I'm still excited! :)

That was already pretty much guaranteed though, I'm sure you already knew it would be.

I really wish it could do Man of Steel numbers
I know it won't, but Cap deserves it, dammit

I wouldn't be so pessimistic. I think Cap 2 has entirely good odds of doing MoS numbers. It wouldn't even have to double the gross of the first one.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic. I think Cap 2 has entirely good odds of doing MoS numbers. It wouldn't even have to double the gross of the first one.

Doubling the gross of the first one means it would make 720 million, which is abit more than MOS.

360M + 360M = 720M

However I do think Cap has a solid chance at doing MOS numbers, he was pretty well recieved in TA.

I could have sworn that Cap did better on DVD than Thor. Fast Five did over 200mil and it was released in April, I don't see why it would be impossible for Cap 2 with 3D on it's side to pull in 200mil. I'm not saying it will be easy but I'd give it a 50-50 shot if the movie is good like the first film was.
I agree about Fast And Furious.
It is more than possible to have a big hit in April.

Last edited:
I would say $500 M if it's good, $600 M if it's really good (better than the first) and $700 M if it's phenomenal.

Would 300-400 million really be that bad ?
Talking domestic here.

Would 300-400 million really be that bad ?
Talking domestic here.

No that wouldn't be bad at all, in fact domestic wise, 400 mil would be one heck of a run for TWS. Right now I'd say high 200s low 300s is my guess. Here in about a month that may all change though. With Thor coming out we will get to see how the avengers boost affects a non-Stark movie and we also get to judge the first trailer.

300-400M domestic would be great. Worldwide? Would be pretty awful, given the first movie did that much already.

Domestic 400-500 million.
I have no idea how much it will make overseas, maybe 200 million.

Jesus Christ, some people are thinking this film can make 400-500 million domestically?

Talk about setting yourselves up for failure.

No more unrealistic than thinking it will only make 200M overseas. The first movie made well more than that.

Jesus Christ, some people are thinking this film can make 400-500 million domestically?

Talk about setting yourselves up for failure.

I'm thinking 250 million domestically. Depending on reviews, advertisement and WOM.

90 m opening weekend
225 m domestic
300 m overseas

525 m worldwide

600-700 Million. Maybe a lil more. Just cause I think Thor:TDW is gonna be great so its riding the hype of Avengers,IM3,and Thor:TDW. Also, cause it's featuring more than one hero, particularly one of the Avengers(Widow). Robert Redford addition is nice to, especially since he might be getting another Oscar nomination this year as well.

I need to see a trailer first... if it's enough to build solid hype it can do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"