The Winter Soldier Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What don't you understand about the fact that they already did the Guardians mid-cred in Thor?

He claimed it didn't fit. It can easily fit. And yes, it's already been tied into Thor, but that didn't stop multiple films from making their endings tie into Avengers, and GOTG being such an unknown property needs all the help it can get.

He claimed it didn't fit. It can easily fit. And yes, it's already been tied into Thor, but that didn't stop multiple films from making their endings tie into Avengers, and GOTG being such an unknown property needs all the help it can get.

I think GOTG will draw a different buzz by creating backstory for TA3 instead, building up Thano's eventual universe-threatening appearance.

I think GOTG will draw a different buzz by creating backstory for TA3 instead, building up Thano's eventual universe-threatening appearance.

I totally agree, but I wish Marvel had done more to build up to it. I really want this film to do well, and I feel like this film looks pretty skippable compared to most MCU movies. Fortunately the film looks fantastic, I just would feel more secure in its success if Marvel had made it feel like this movie can't be missed, the way Captain America does.

GOTG is not the culmination movie of each phase. The Avengers is and that is why each solo movie has a tie-in linking what is building.

I totally agree, but I wish Marvel had done more to build up to it. I really want this film to do well, and I feel like this film looks pretty skippable compared to most MCU movies. Fortunately the film looks fantastic, I just would feel more secure in its success if Marvel had made it feel like this movie can't be missed, the way Captain America does.

GOTG hasn't even started it's campaign blitz. How do you know it's skip-able already? There's still so much we don't know about it. This sounds more like you're a Captain America fan than it having anything to do with the integrity of how GOTG is shaping up at this point.

Last edited:
Yeah it's crazy early to call this "skippable". All we have is a character intro trailer and the barest hint of the plot.

So HYDRA thought they could kill Bruce Banner?

How cute

Well, a bullet in the mouth is one thing, a mortar shell at sub orbital velocity is something else.

How cute

Well I'd be curious as to how that would play out, particularly because the shot would be unexpected .... and I see the poster above me explained the difference in ammunition.

Shooting him with a massive cannon mounted on top of a giant flying Hellicarrier that he knows nothing about and isn't prepared for could very well kill him. He'd be incinerated or blown to bits before he had time to react at all, much less Hulk out.

How cute

Lobbing a surprise package of ****tons of explosives at a guy from 1000 miles away is a reasonable idea, in-universe. Of course we all know it wouldn't work, but they wouldn't know for sure until they tried it.

On the other hand, if it fails to kill him, they're left with an angry green man running around on the ground. Which isn't much of a threat unless he javelins the Washington Monument at them or something.

Lobbing a surprise package of ****tons of explosives at a guy from 1000 miles away is a reasonable idea, in-universe. Of course we all know it wouldn't work, but they wouldn't know for sure until they tried it.

On the other hand, if it fails to kill him, they're left with an angry green man running around on the ground. Which isn't much of a threat unless he javelins the Washington Monument at them or something.

Just curious, how can hulk be killed?:was he ever killed in the comics? Can he die of old age? Or he doesn't age?

I'm kind of curious if Thor was among the list of potential Threats that Hydra had, let alone on how they were thinking on going about neutralizing someone like him. He was like the only major Avenger that wasn't listed among the list of known threats for Hydra.

As stated above it was already done at the end of Thor, and doesn't really fit in with Cap to begin with. I don't know why you'd think there would be a tie in to GOTG at all. Very bizarre.

Because its the last film until GoTG which is the last film until Avengers 2...

I'm kind of curious if Thor was among the list of potential Threats that Hydra had, let alone on how they were thinking on going about neutralizing someone like him. He was like the only major Avenger that wasn't listed among the list of known threats for Hydra.

Perhaps they did not know thor is on earth?

"I know I tried and the other guy spit it out."

They were just going to piss him off.

Hulk's not invincible. MCU's at least. Look at the aliens in TA. A group of them on those flying bikes (or whatever) pinned him down and blasted away. He was on his knees, bleeding.

They'd need a LOT of firepower, but they can kill him.

Also, even if the Hulk doesn't die, so what? He can't fly, and he can't even see the helicarriers at their altitude. He's got no obvious target for his rage, so he's just going to rampage.

Do you think Jane Foster would have been one of the targets?

I found an excellent and really insightful interview with the screenwriters of Cap 2 Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely by Steve Weintraub at Collider (who's does great interviews!)

http://collider.com/captain-america-...dier-spoilers/

It's 15 minutes long and they basically just talk about how smoothly the production went, there was no problems with the script, hardly any changes etc which sounds great (unlike Thor 2 which had quite a few production problems).

Overall, it's really insightful, they mention that the third act with the Helicarriers came from an idea that both they and Kevin Feige had and it comes from The Ultimates 2 comic with Helicarriers falling near the Triskellion and Kevin thought it looked cool. Also, they mention that the causeway scene was meant to take place on a causeway above water with a draw bridge, but they couldn't find one to shut down to film, so they done it on the streets instead which worked out better.They also talk about the Nick Fury chase scene and how they wanted to give him a proper action scene, the Stan Lee cameo, the Peggy Carter scene and the fact that they played with adding more flashbacks in early drafts of the script, but some felt unnecessary. Really good watch!

EDIT: There is also another another interview from Steve Weintraub at Collider, but this time with Anthony & Joe Russo which is also 15 minutes long.

http://collider.com/anthony-joe-russ...ier-interview/

This interview is also very insightful, they talk a lot about Robert Redford's character arc, they mention that there will be about 5 minutes of deleted scenes and talk about one with Black Widow and Nick Fury. They talk about the logic of Fury's other eye under the eye patch, the Arnim Zola scene and the fact that it is slightly more science fiction than the rest of the film, but they liked the fact that the scene was slightly weird, but that was probably the scene they struggled with the most with the exposition etc so this interview is another great watch!

Just got back, loved it. Only complaint is the frantic editing during the some of the action. I've only enjoyed the Avengers more out of the MCU films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"