The Winter Soldier Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, he looked just as he did in IM2. Stiff face and all...

Just saw it, god damnnnn what a movie. If this is a taste of things to come from Marvel starting here. **** yes.

I thought that he might also be referring to Gary Shandling. BTW, what was up with that guy's face? It looked like he could barely open his mouth to talk.

To put it bluntly, he just kinda looks like ****.

The part in IM2 where he says," **** you Mr Stark, **** you" had me rolling though.:funny: The movie still sucked.:o

Time has not been kind...

Not time, Botox.

When Cap got into the elevator with Fury, did it say he was Level 8? I thought he was only level 6 because in Agents of Shield, Ward gets access to level 7, which is why he's allowed to know Coulson is alive.

It said Level 8. After readingabout the debate, I paid attention.

I remember it saying Level 8. I think Fury was Level 10?

I wonder how

They're gonna find his shield after he dropped it in the water.

My little sister was like Noooooooooo when he did that, lol. Seriously, that shield was KILLER in TWS.

Not sure if this is been answered already, but if you look closely in the final hospital scene, you see the shield on the floor leaning against the foot of the bed. So they already took care of that for you. :)

I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said about this movie, but I will say that I throughly enjoyed myself. Top notch quality film that I hope Marvel maintains with their future releases. This is the best Marvel Studios film and one of the best CBM.

Bravo to those involved in the making of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I loved it and I'd like to point out we now live in a world where robert Redford dies in a movie uttering hail hydra amazing.

When I was watching the movie, I was thinking " Robert Redford's really into this thing. He's bringing his A game." The Hail Hydra line was icing on the cake. He's my favorite Marvel studios villain yet.:woot:

I loved it and I'd like to point out we now live in a world where robert Redford dies in a movie uttering hail hydra amazing.

So freaking true. This is a golden age for us geeks who cut our fantasy teeth on comic books back in the day. I'm in my 40s and was giggling like a little girl at parts of this movie.

This was an absolutely amazing movie and a blast from start to finish. I had so much fun! Thank you, Marvel! I'm seeing it a second time this weekend.:)

I thought that he might also be referring to Gary Shandling. BTW, what was up with that guy's face? It looked like he could barely open his mouth to talk.

He looked like he was constantly smiling.

I think that Redford might have thought that he was back filming Three Days of the Condor or All the President's Men because he was playing this really straight.

So if
[BLACKOUT]
HYDRA was part of SHIELD, it makes you rethink the scene in Avengers when Cap finds the HYDRA weapons. Were they developing HYDRA weapons or did they already have the, because they were HYDRA?[/BLACKOUT]

I really liked the movie. Definitely the best of the post-Avengers films, and one of my favourites to date from the MCU.

The pros and cons of Marvel's expansive, always-continuing, not-especially-auteur-friendly movie universe have been extensively debated, and I think this movie was a good place to show off the strengths of it. The world has a lot of depth by now, and lots of minor characters, which increases the feeling of it being a comic story (the reappearance of the Gary Shandling character, for instance). And I liked that they have the room to stay faithful to the Winter Soldier story as it was told in the comics and not have to cram everything into one movie.

While we're still waiting for that female lead superhero movie, I really liked that the MCU has developed a decent roster of female characters by this point, and we even managed to have a movie without a romantic subplot, though they're clearly setting up to do more with Sharon in the next one (though I'm a big Sharon fan, so I guess the lessened emphasis on a love interest in this works against me there, but whatever; I liked Emily VanCamp in the part).

I really liked Robert Redford as the main villain (though since the movie was clearly into in-jokes, as with Fury's tombstone inscription, Steve's list of pop culture should have included Three Days of the Condor. He was one of the better MCU bad guys so far.

So if
[BLACKOUT]
HYDRA was part of SHIELD, it makes you rethink the scene in Avengers when Cap finds the HYDRA weapons. Were they developing HYDRA weapons or did they already have the, because they were HYDRA?[/BLACKOUT]

It's hard to tell. Those "Phase One" weapons seemed to have been authorized by the WSC, and none of them were corrupt except for Pierce. Also, I think that they were more generalized "anti-powers" because people were nervous over all the super-powered being running around. At least that's what Fury implied them to be..

Captian america is my second favorite superhero so to see a movie that shows why cap is the heart and soul of the marvel u and that he is also someone who can walk,up,to the hulk and hold his own in a fight makes me as happy as a fanboy can be.

I honestly can't see how any of the other comic book movies this summer could compete with this money wise and spectacle wise. Every time I see a fox or sony movie I feel like it's almost fan fic at this point since it's not in the mcu proper

My review... it's pretty spoiler-free.

Just came back from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and boy does it deliver. This is clearly Marvel’s answer to The Dark Knight, It takes it self a bit more serious than the other MCU movies while still retaining some humor. I am a huge fan of the The First Avenger, I still say it’s the best Phase One Marvel film and from the looks of it, Winter Soldier is going to be my favorite Phase Two Marvel film.

The story is the centerpiece of this movie, they really nail down those old spy thrillers. While I haven’t read the comic its based on, Which I should really need to get just on Brubaker’s name alone, i’ve known some elements of the story for a while.

The entire cast from Chris Evens to even the small character actors put it their all in their performances. Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow continues to get better with each film and Sam Jackson as Fury really kicked some major ass.

My only complaint I have is something that Hollywood is doing lately with all these major blockbusters, they all have to end it in huge explosions causing massive destruction. I will give them credit in this movie for making it well done within the context, but the principle still remains. Overall this is Marvel’s crowning jewel at this moment, I really can’t wait to see it again. It’s a new dawn in the superhero/comic book movie genre and it is amazing. Go check it out on the biggest screen possible.
9.5/10

Holy crap, this movie was a revelation. Never thought I would see the day where I (possibly, need a few more viewings to cement this) would consider a Captain America film as my favorite Marvel solo film. I loved every single second of it, and unlike TDW, the sequel hook was great. I canNOT wait for CA3.

10/10

I honestly can't see how any of the other comic book movies this summer could compete with this money wise and spectacle wise. Every time I see a fox or sony movie I feel like it's almost fan fic at this point since it's not in the mcu proper

The general public could care less if those other films are "mcu proper" as long as its a good movie.

For all they know these films are all under the same umbrella. I had a friend just last night after watching TWS saying that Wolverine will probably make an appearance in Age of Ultron and that the actions in DOFP ties into the MCU.

I didn't have it in my heart to correct him...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back