The Winter Soldier Captain America: The Winter Soldier - User Review Thread! - SPOILERS! - Part 2

Just got home from watching it now.
Superb in every way.

That is all.

Saw it again yesterday. Yeah, this baby holds up nicely on a fourth viewing. :D

4th? :awesome:

If I wasn't strapped for cash I would have watched it more in the theaters. I can't wait for this movie on Blu-ray!

I've seen it twice and seriously considering a third viewing Monday night. Money is a little tight right now but **** the wait for the dvd is going to be painful.

I've seen it twice, and if not for the fact that I have work and family I'd go back and see it a third time. Unfortunately, I have to wait for the blu-ray to come out before I can see it again. :csad:

I saw it twice on release weekend want to see it again before spider man comes out amazing film I think about allot

Just saw it and it's better than IM3 and Thor TDW...and for me Iron Man/RDJ IS the MCU...so that's high praise.

No wonder it's doing so well.

Most films, you tend to notice the flaws and plot holes and iffy fx and clunky dialogue on repeat viewings. TWS is the exact opposite. That to me is why it deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as TDK and TA and the best films of both the CBM and Action genres.

In fact, although I wont claim that TWS is better than the above mentioned, I do think that it has fewer glaring flaws than those films on repeat viewings. Especially TDK. (It's still probably my 2nd favorite cb film overall, so save the outrage.)

I've seen it twice and seriously considering a third viewing Monday night. Money is a little tight right now but **** the wait for the dvd is going to be painful.

Word! I'm not sure I can wait for the DVD.

Might have to do the babysitter thing and go with the hubby, who hasn't seen it yet ;)

Word! I'm not sure I can wait for the DVD.

Might have to do the babysitter thing and go with the hubby, who hasn't seen it yet ;)

I've seen TWS twice but I so want to see it again. It's a masterpiece of the genre on every level. The script was perfect, the acting superb and the directors turned in the best work I've seen in any superhero film. (Sorry, Joss. :cwink:) It was so terrific that I'm tempted to re-watch the trailers and clips just to get my Cap fix. :woot:

One aspect of the film I found great was the fact that the villains' plan for world domination was actually frighteningly plausible. Usually, these plots to take over the world really don't hold up to scrutiny, but HYDRA's plan was actually a fascist's dream come true. By creating terror threats and ramping up chaos on a global stage, they conditioned the general public to crave order, safety and security at all costs. Everything that happened in the MCU up to that point, from Tony Stark's kidnapping to Hulk's rampages the Mandarin's attacks/abduction of the president and even the Chitauri invasion, served HYDRA'a purposes by adding to the sense of danger and instability. Had all of that happened in the real world many people would be on the verge of panic, constantly fearful of the next invasion or attack. The citizens of the MCU would react in much the same way.

By the time Project Insight unleashed its weapons and slaughtered 20 million people, there would be some who would actually welcome the mass murder if the result would be a more secure world. Many others would be terrified, of course, and perhaps even inclined to protest or rebel. But those three roving Helicarriers with their satellite-targeted lasers and bombs would be more than enough to cow almost everyone who survived the first onslaught into submission. Those who weren't terrified into submitting would just be killed anyway. So however you cut it, HYDRA would have had total control of humanity.

Finally a truly foolproof, plothole-free supervillain scheme. I was extremely impressed.

So It was Hydra that caused the car accident...

syn1PA1.gif

So It was Hydra that caused the car accident...

syn1PA1.gif

I wonder if Stark will find out in AoU, and what his reaction would be knowing that Hydra was behind his parents' "accidental" death? Maybe he will deal with it in IM4? :word:

Who gets to tell him “Dads explode. No need to be a ***** about it” ?

Maybe the kid will call him up and do it.

Just got out of it and....pretty damn awesome.

I think this is the first Marvel film since Avengers that had this kind of impact. You feel the turmoil Shield is going through, as well as the main characters' desperate odds of overcoming it. I especially like how it didn't feel like a superhero movie - this is a spy thriller, and a really good one at that. The issues it raises are relevant and interesting without being preachy or distracting from the narrative.

9/10. And wanting more.

I especially like how it didn't feel like a superhero movie - this is a spy thriller

Haha, no offence since we can all have our own opinions, but at no point did I ever feel it was anything other than a superhero movie... And a really good one at that :D

damn it is gonna be hard for cap 3 to top cap 2.

if they can make cap3 anything close to cap 2, i will be a very happy man.

I've watched it twice in IMAX and three times regular ... Still awesome and can't wait for the bluray lol

Loved it awe inspiring the action scenes where amazing and although he didn't have his original suit on in the begging I felt like I was watching Captain America.

Thought they needed to give Batroc a little more weight as a character...but it was awesome now as we get to the middle of the Movie I felt it was too drawn out story wise I loved the fact that they were so concerned with the story but it was completely drawn out to the point that when it came back around to the action which sealed the deal at the end and an immense amount of action I had lost some interest only because in part the story had worn me out and I actually can now understand that statement people say that used to allude me before"I liked it but felt it was too long"..I used to think that was contradictory and an oxymoron but I understand now.

I understand the story line is important but tell it quicker or tell it sorter or span it out then to just put that chunk in the middle like that.
I loved his re-pore with Black Widow the contrast between the both of them help brighten up and bring to life who they are as characters the banter and jokes works.

I couldn't help wondering with all of that action where the heck was Hawkeye????
Something that involved all of Shield you could feel his absence.
Hated the dismantling of Shield seemed to easy and forced.

Maybe if it had been Furys decision it would have come of better because Fury was"oh ok yeah I guess you guys are right" Hmmm...not in line with his character at all to to me.Maybe if it had been his his decision as in..."Ive given this alot of thought and this what I have decided".

Overall I felt I was watching Captain America however it was Captain America in a Shield film.

Last edited:
I told you all this movie would be a game changer. And I was right.

Personally I think it's a great film, but not a game changer at all.

Personally I think it's a great film, but not a game changer at all.

It's a serious game changer,
The destruction of SHEILD, HYDRA reborn, the set up for Avengers 2, etc...

Well don't I feel like a tit then - I thought the game changer tag referred to 'the movie-making industry - I'll definitely agree it changed the game within the Marvel cinematic universe :D

Well don't I feel like a tit then - I thought the game changer tag referred to 'the movie-making industry - I'll definitely agree it changed the game within the Marvel cinematic universe :D

I don't know I think it changed the way comic book movies are viewed in general. You have 2 different types of comic book movies. Movies that take themselves too seriously and movies that don't take themselves seriously at all. DC seems to fall in the serious category, denying laughs to make a strong FILM. Marvel relies heavily on fun and laughs and seems to care less about making a strong FILM. When I say film I mean a movie that can be recognized by the academy as an Oscar nominee.

Cap 2 shows that we can have a very fun movie full of one liners, with a hero that is remarkably the same as his comic book counter part and is also a very good FILM. Hard to express what I want but hopefully got my point across.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"