World Captain America vs Batman

No no no, everyone is having a little scenario in their heads and each one is diferent.

We need to know what kind of fight:

With / without gadgets?

With / without suits of armor?

They know beforehand they are going to fight and who are they facing?

Battle to death, uncionciousness, or until someone gives up?

What is the arena?

Wich versions of the characters? (ultimate, 616, Batman ink, year one, etc...)

if we have this clear we can have a more defined panorama.

My opinion:

Hand to hand combat, no gadgets, no preparation?: Captain America.
Open field and gadgets?: Batman.

Last edited:
I think Batman would need some kind of venom or steroid type drug to make it fair against Cap's super soldier serum.

Batman has taken out other more powerful people (like Bane, I won't be touching the Superman issue, since it seems to bring out the worst in people) and he has taken out several at the same time, but the same could be said for Cap. I dunno.

I am a huge Batman fanboy, so I would tend to say Batman, but I also like Cap a lot and I am aware that in the Marvel U he is somewhat an equivalent to Bruce, in terms of effectiveness and reliability, so... its not clear cut.

I could bring up the fact that Bruce beat him in the "vs." crossover, but only slightly and I could bring up that Bruce admitted that Cap could beat him, but that it would take him a long time to do so, in JLA/Avengers.

I think "could" is a good jumping off point. Yeah, Cap could beat Batman, but it also could go either way.
When I put fanboyism aside, I would say out of 10 battles, each would win 5, or Batman would win 6 out of 10, with a bit of luck.

Sure, Caps power and speed give him an advantage, but only a slight one, since Bruce isn't that far off. I would argue that Bane is stronger than Cap and Bruce did beat a fully roided Bane several times. Still, its an advantage for Cap.
On Bruces side, I would say that he is a bit more ruthless than Cap and overall much smarter. Caps no dummy, but we are talking about Bruce Wayne here, who builds a lot of his own gadgetry and vehicles in his spare time (after stopping an Arkham outbreak or something like that). He's also a master detective and has a genius level intellect, not much far behind the likes of Lex Luther or Tony Stark, on which level Cap surely isn't.
So, to be honest, Batman wouldn't need that much prep time, to take someone out... he would prep on the fly, while fighting. Thats what makes him that dangerous.

On martial arts prowess, I would say Bruce has a slight advantage, but that could be wrong, since I have read nearly everything Batman related since the 80s and only Caps most famous runs.

Batman is a polymath, mentally not operating on the same wavelength as the rest of us. In some Batman origin stories, they say he was a martial arts prodigy, who mastered all known forms of unarmed combat, with only 1 year of training each. Not became "very good at" or "reached 10th dan levels" at; mastered. So, I think thats more than Cap.

Batman has taken out other more powerful people (like Bane, I won't be touching the Superman issue, since it seems to bring out the worst in people) and he has taken out several at the same time, but the same could be said for Cap. I dunno.

I am a huge Batman fanboy, so I would tend to say Batman, but I also like Cap a lot and I am aware that in the Marvel U he is somewhat an equivalent to Bruce, in terms of effectiveness and reliability, so... its not clear cut.

I could bring up the fact that Bruce beat him in the "vs." crossover, but only slightly and I could bring up that Bruce admitted that Cap could beat him, but that it would take him a long time to do so, in JLA/Avengers.

I think "could" is a good jumping off point. Yeah, Cap could beat Batman, but it also could go either way.
When I put fanboyism aside, I would say out of 10 battles, each would win 5, or Batman would win 6 out of 10, with a bit of luck.

Sure, Caps power and speed give him an advantage, but only a slight one, since Bruce isn't that far off. I would argue that Bane is stronger than Cap and Bruce did beat a fully roided Bane several times. Still, its an advantage for Cap.
On Bruces side, I would say that he is a bit more ruthless than Cap and overall much smarter. Caps no dummy, but we are talking about Bruce Wayne here, who builds a lot of his own gadgetry and vehicles in his spare time (after stopping an Arkham outbreak or something like that). He's also a master detective and has a genius level intellect, not much far behind the likes of Lex Luther or Tony Stark, on which level Cap surely isn't.
So, to be honest, Batman wouldn't need that much prep time, to take someone out... he would prep on the fly, while fighting. Thats what makes him that dangerous.

On martial arts prowess, I would say Bruce has a slight advantage, but that could be wrong, since I have read nearly everything Batman related since the 80s and only Caps most famous runs.

Batman is a polymath, mentally not operating on the same wavelength as the rest of us. In some Batman origin stories, they say he was a martial arts prodigy, who mastered all known forms of unarmed combat, with only 1 year of training each. Not became "very good at" or "reached 10th dan levels" at; mastered. So, I think thats more than Cap.

I really like the way you have broke down the points for both characters in a positive way, I think I would agree with most of your points, like you say the gadgets, and quick brains which Batman possesses could tip the scales slightly in his favour, but in hand to hand combat I can't help but think that Cap would have a bit more advantage due to his stamina that could possibly weaken Batman.

If preperation was possible before the fight im sure Batman would be able to come up with effective strategies and gadgets that would really give Cap a run for his money!

I really like the way you have broke down the points for both characters in a positive way, I think I would agree with most of your points, like you say the gadgets, and quick brains which Batman possesses could tip the scales slightly in his favour, but in hand to hand combat I can't help but think that Cap would have a bit more advantage due to his stamina that could possibly weaken Batman.

If preperation was possible before the fight im sure Batman would be able to come up with effective strategies and gadgets that would really give Cap a run for his money!

Thanks! I really love/like both characters, so of course I tried to speak only positive about them.

Yeah, as I said, Caps "powers" would be his biggest advantage. I don't think that there is any doubt that he would loose against Bruce if he hadn't that advantage and would only operate on human levels.
But as it stands... it would be one hell of a tough fight. I still would root for Bruce :woot:

Wayne's worst punch doesn't compare to Rogers's average punch. If Cap punched Bruce in his face, he'd probably break his skull. We're talking about the same guy that single-handedly took out Hank Pym when he was Giant Man. The Ultimates, anyone?

we need to know if Batman is fighting Captain American, or ultimate Cap.

I don't care for a Batman who can beat anyone. I don't care for the goddamn Batman. He's such an annoying jerk. I prefer a more well rounded hero, who has flaws, who can be beaten, but who is still a badass.

This is a tough choice but I think Captain America would win in a battle. Take out Batman's gears/armor, he would not stand a chance in a boxing match against Captain America.

A tie i think.

Anyone thinks both heroes are similar in aspects? including their sidekicks and weapons and combat skills? are both heroes the most combat ridden members of their teams?

And who thinks Red Skull and Joker are alike?

Both had several crossovers including Marvel vs. DC.

In my opinion, I think Batman HAS fought someone comparable to Cap already.
I've Always seen Slade Wilson as DC's SuperSoldier writ Mercenary.
Slade VS Cap would almost be a more even (abilities-wise) match up.
But yes, either character could score a win over the other and have taken on characters who have abilities way up there on the metahuman scale.
But, what I see as a misconception here, is that Bruce is only SLIGHTLY under Steve and can get a few hours in the gym to get there...Steve, because of the formula (fair or unfair as you may see it) is the PINNACLE of human ability in all aspects. Speed, strength, endurace, etc...As impressive as Bruce is....and he's VERY impressive....he is limited to what his physiology allows. If he wanted to be a strong as Cap, he might be able to get there...But he'd end up looking like Frank Miller's Batman...Tank-like. And at GREAT cost to speed.
But to return to my earlier point, looking at a Slade vs Bruce match, I feel, would be a good guage of how their physical abilities might/have stack up against eachother.

Last edited:
Depends. Which version?

I'm assuming the OP is referring to the standard 616 Batman and standard Post-Crisis/New 52 Batman. In that case, Batman wins. He is on par with Cap's physical abilities (they're both peak human) but is much smarter overall.

I'll take what Kurt Busiek and John Byrne did when they made them fight (JLA/Avengers mini and Captain America/Batman one shot)and say their encounter will end with a tie, and they will end the spar with a smile and shaking hands

That was as close as Batman could go to admitting defeat. I think Kurt blogged or posted something like that a while back. At that range, Batman doesn't have much of a chance against Cap. Cap is Batman's equal in combat tactics while also being Batman's physical superior & Cap won't get tired. Cap wins

That's interesting, I don't read Cap, so I will take your word for that
I'd love to see Cap face Bane, they will make two interesting fights
I hope one is with the shield, the other is without using it

If without gear or weapon or shield or vehicle, just fight with bare hand, cap absolute win, no doubt

Cap. The super soldier serum would give him a physical advantage. He can also match Bats skill wise too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"