First Avenger Captain America's Costume - P - Part 2

And that isn't accurate. It's just a bad manip.

Despite it being a shoddy manip, that's exactly what people like you wanted, right Jak? I mean, not looking that crap, but as far as the creative choice goes and materials and the like, doesn't that tick the boxes? Dragon scale, redder gloves, more straps, wings...

That manip is an abomination and nothing close to what I personally would want to see.

This is more accurate than that .....

cool-captain-america-costume-hoodie.jpg

LOL

Last edited:
You didn't address my question though. If you read his description of the things he put in there, it was all the things alot of you said would make a perfect Cap costume. Ignoring the manip, going by his list, would you agree with his additions?

You didn't address my question though. If you read his description of the things he put in there, it was all the things alot of you said would make a perfect Cap costume. Ignoring the manip, going by his list, would you agree with his additions?

Y'know, I could live with a blue version of this design texture if they went with another costume route for the Avengers. It really doesn't look all that bad to me and gives the visual impression at least of the feather/scale look, while looking somewhat modern, and perhaps small arms fire resistant.
the-night-owl-watchmen.jpg

Y'know, I could live with a blue version of this design texture if they went with another costume route for the Avengers. It really doesn't look all that bad to me and gives the visual impression at least of the feather/scale look, while looking somewhat modern, and perhaps small arms fire resistant.

You know you are correct, that probably wouldn't look half bad. :up:

I'm still impressed by the Nite Owl costume. All that hullabaloo over the Dark Knight outfit and in the end I thought Nite Owl's outfit looked just as good and it seemed like Patrick W had better range of movement in it too.

the-night-owl-watchmen.jpg

That was a great costume. Cap's needed that level of artistry.

Maybe in the Avengers. One can only hope.

Thanks. I love the current Movie suit we have, but am in agreement with others that a more direct page to screen translation of the suit is possible for the Avengers.

Thanks. I love the current Movie suit we have, but am in agreement with others that a more direct page to screen translation of the suit is possible for the Avengers.

I believe that's what's going to happen and accoring to RealIronMan that's what's going to happen.

The concept art was art for this film, not the Avengers.

I was wondering seeing as Joe/Marvel didn't feel they could translate the classic Cap costume for the movie and came up with the "practical" version for the movie (which I'm getting used to), what way do you think the costume will go in the Avengers movie. Would a take of the classic or even Ultimate costume be possible? Will it be a version of the Cap movie costume updated, or do you think they may do a version of the new Steve Rogers Super Soldier costume?

I'm just wondering because introducing the Super Soldier costume into the comics could be a way of getting comic fans used to Steve Rogers being in a costume that Marvel feel is more adaptable for a movie. Also there's a couple of design elements in the SS suit that match the Cap Movie, like the the straps over the shoulder and the belt, espescially the buckle which is almost identical. Like I said just wondering what direction they're going to go.

captainrogers mentioned using a similar scale design to Nite Owl II's suit from Watchmen for Cap's as a semi replacement for the feather like scales so I took a stab at it. Colours are a tiny bit off in cases, but it was just to see how it looked.

I assumed the top half would be the only part to change completely as he's often drawn with pants similar to the ones used in TFA.

Moderncap-1.jpg

Hi-Res Version
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r.../Moderncap.jpg

On the right track!

Gotta fix that damn helmet though .... it's awful to look at.

captainrogers mentioned using a similar scale design to Nite Owl II's suit from Watchmen for Cap's as a semi replacement for the feather like scales so I took a stab at it. Colours are a tiny bit off in cases, but it was just to see how it looked.

I assumed the top half would be the only part to change completely as he's often drawn with pants similar to the ones used in TFA.

Moderncap-1.jpg

Hi-Res Version
That's an awesome manip, friend!
Perhaps if the upper white portions were blue as well, it would be a bit more comic accurate.

Moderncap-1.jpg

Hi-Res Version
Oh no man, that's cheesy. It needs about 100 straps and pads and lines to be serious and realistic.

But serious, this is really cool. Well done mate!

On the right track!

I agree that the helmet needs some work. Perhaps the leather strap should have been black. Other than that i dont know what else they could do. I mean its pretty faithful otherwise.

That's an awesome manip, friend!
Perhaps if the upper white portions were blue as well, it would be a bit more comic accurate.

I tried it out to make it so at first and thought it was a bit too blue. The white under arms like the Ultimates costume makes it look much nicer and makes it flow better with the lower half.

On the right track!

I kinda like the helmet and how tight fitting it is, but I do hope he gets a mask in the future.

Thanks for the thoughts guys. :)

Here you go RCazzy ... added the proper head attire to that awesome manip you did ....

Side note: The wings I would prefer to not stem out like that, but would like to see a mold come out of the side of the head piece.

3VMGmkdQKdSsEZfSZdKwtS0L.jpg

One with the wings painted on ....

SXLvhapsKNwwlVLS4PWdAG0uu.jpg

Last edited:
I think that second one could be awesome for the Avengers costume, although I actually think the minimal straps works better. Having that much red on the midsection distracts from the star, in my opinion.

Dang, I was so focused on the awesome headgear that I didn't notice the extra stripes. I agree that they are a bit much. The solid blue upper torso looks good though.

The armor pattern on Thors arms would look great for the top of Caps suit as well. Closer to the comic scale mail look. Not sure how tricky it would be to transfer the texture.

See the reason I like that suit is it's a great cross between the Ultimate Cap suit and the 616. I'm still glad we didn't get anything like that for this movie though, since it's fairly futuristic but I would be 100% behind something like that for Avengers, which to be honest, i'm sure they'll go for anyway. I mean, we know theres a new costume for Avengers and I think Joss would have a lot of love for the classic costume.

I've been reading Brubaker's run and its FANTASTIC, so i gotta ask, what do we know about Bucky? Will he play a major role as a sidekick?

BenB you raise an good point in asking what the direction the Cap costume may take in the Avengers movie and how they'll develop/translate the costume. Also an Interesting observation you make about the comics introducing a new Super Soldier costume possibly to get comic fans used to seeing Cap in a different outfit. Re the design points for me the only real thing that stands out is the similarity between the belt buckle's (only a small detail but could be quite telling)

capmoviesupersoldierbel.jpg

Anyway an interesting point made

I was wondering seeing as Joe/Marvel didn't feel they could translate the classic Cap costume for the movie and came up with the "practical" version for the movie (which I'm getting used to), what way do you think the costume will go in the Avengers movie. Would a take of the classic or even Ultimate costume be possible? Will it be a version of the Cap movie costume updated, or do you think they may do a version of the new Steve Rogers Super Soldier costume?

I'm just wondering because introducing the Super Soldier costume into the comics could be a way of getting comic fans used to Steve Rogers being in a costume that Marvel feel is more adaptable for a movie. Also there's a couple of design elements in the SS suit that match the Cap Movie, like the the straps over the shoulder and the belt, espescially the buckle which is almost identical. Like I said just wondering what direction they're going to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"