Captain Marvel early box office tracking.

8ulk87

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The movie is tracking for a $140+ mil US opening weekend.

Opening range of $140-180 mil.
$160 mil OW and $465 mil total.

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-captain-marvel/

If it hits $450 mil in the US im pretty sure it will get to 1 billion WW. Unless China bombs like horribly which i doubt.

Seems like the MCU is going for a back to back 3 movie $4 bil WW total.

The HYPE is real!

WOW, that is WOW. This is much higher than I expected. 465m total? Lord have mercy.

I was thinking that 100m OW would be awesome, but 160m OW? that is beyond anything I could have hoped for.

Last edited:
WOW, that is WOW. This is much higher than I expected. 465m total? Lord have mercy.

I was thinking that 100m OW would be awesome, but 160m OW? that is beyond anything I could have hoped for.
That's exactly what I said when I saw it. I don't think it makes over $400M DOM but with it being so close to EndGame, you just never know. I can see it doing WW numbers though because this is the first film.

The movie is tracking for a $140+ mil US opening weekend.

Opening range of $140-180 mil.
$160 mil OW and $465 mil total.

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-captain-marvel/

If it hits $450 mil in the US im pretty sure it will get to 1 billion WW. Unless China bombs like horribly which i doubt.

Seems like the MCU is going for a back to back 3 movie $4 bil WW total.

The HYPE is real!
This can't be right... My sources on YouTube all keep saying no one is hyped for this movie!

But for real, good for all those involved. I'm not very hyped for CM myself, but I am interested. I will be there opening weekend, that's for sure.

To expect CM to reach 1 billion is a reach, imho.
$700m seems a reasonable number for her first movie. I know Wonder Woman made more than 800, but that doesnt mean all female solo movies will now of a sudden make that quantity, even if its Marvel Studios.

To expect CM to reach 1 billion is a reach, imho.
$700m seems a reasonable number for her first movie. I know Wonder Woman made more than 800, but that doesnt mean all female solo movies will now of a sudden make that quantity, even if its Marvel Studios.

Yes but if it does open for lets say $150 mil in the USA it means it will hit $400 mil total.

And im pretty sure the OS numbers with a China boost will be more than the US total.

So if the early US OW prediction stands we re looking for a $900-1100 mil WW total.

Its not a reach. I dont see how CM does less in OS markets since the trend for MCU films is for them to do better in OS than US with the sole exception of Black Panther due to special circumstances.

Cap Marvel combined with EG means it’s likely going to be another amazing start to the year for the MCU in terms of box office.

The story and effects of this movie is surreal. Pretty sure it will be a good box office movie.

Perhaps $1B worldwide is now a type of norm for comic-book movies, considering the success of Aquaman. I think that so as long as any comic-book movie has a high-budget that's expressed in the form of large-scale VFX action sequences and large-scale other-worldly environments that are brought to life via amazing VFX, as well as has a larger-than-life story to accompany those characteristics, then it'll earn $1B. In Aquaman, we're introduced to a very detailed and fleshed out Atlantis, which is a huge environment and is brought to life via top-notch VFX; and in Captain Marvel, we will be introduced to the home planets of the Kree and the Skrulls, as well as the sector or sectors of space in which they're located; so, the movie is definitely going to include large-scale environments that are brought to life via top-notch VFX. And, of course, Captain Marvel will have large-scale VFX action sequences. So, I think that it'll do at least as good as Aquaman at the box office, but probably even better due to being only the second female superheroine movie of this generation and due to being backed by the power of the MCU as a brand.

Don't get too hyped. Fandango was claiming Solo; A Star Wars Story was breaking Black Panther pre-sale tickets, but in the end, the movie ended up disappointing.

Captain M trailers arent really selling any new world to appeal to newcomers, so the Aquaman comparision doesnt work with this movie really.

Aquaman, somehow, kind of gave a bit of Avatar type of vibe, in terms of marketing, a new concept/world not seen before. (tho Avatar had a lot more going on with the marketing of course)
but CM is just looking like another Thor/Guardians type of movie, where the only new thing is the lead is female. It will be a big hit for Marvel, no doubt, but I really doubt it reaches Black Panther numbers.

Captain M trailers arent really selling any new world to appeal to newcomers, so the Aquaman comparision doesnt work with this movie really.

Aquaman, somehow, kind of gave a bit of Avatar type of vibe, in terms of marketing, a new concept/world not seen before. (tho Avatar had a lot more going on with the marketing of course)
but CM is just looking like another Thor/Guardians type of movie, where the only new thing is the lead is female. It will be a big hit for Marvel, no doubt, but I really doubt it reaches Black Panther numbers.
So, you don't agree that CM will have new environments in the form of the home worlds of the Kree and the Skrulls? We see glimpses of the former in the trailer. I think a good chunk of the movie will take place in space and on other planets.

I dont think it will do $1,35 billion either.

It will probably hit the ~$850 mil mark of BvS , Spiderman HC , Thor R , GoTG 2 & Venom.

Maybe sligthly more because of the female lead and get to 1 billion.

I will be shocked it if does BP numbers.

I really don't sense this has $1b in it. I'm going to low ball it & say $750ish. Around Deadpool numbers.

I seriously doubt the movie will make more than $700-750 million, which is completely fine given the budget and the, uh, "C-listness" of the main character.

I seriously doubt the movie will make more than $700-750 million, which is completely fine given the budget and the, uh, "C-listness" of the main character.

I would bet all my money that Cpt Marvel will outgross Antman & the Wasp which grossed $622,7 mil.

$700 mil WW is the minimum for me. $300 mil from US & $400 mil in OS+China.

Its tracking way to high to miss the $700 mil mark. The hype is real. The female lead will help like it did with Wonder Woman and in my opinion its a more marketable movie than Wonder Woman.

Plus its a MCU film. Sure AntMan 2 didnt seem to get any real boost but i think Cpt Marvel will.

The more i look at it the more i think its gonna end with $700-1050 mil.

I would bet all my money that Cpt Marvel will outgross Antman & the Wasp which grossed $622,7 mil.

$700 mil WW is the minimum for me. $300 mil from US & $400 mil in OS+China.

Its tracking way to high to miss the $700 mil mark. The hype is real. The female lead will help like it did with Wonder Woman and in my opinion its a more marketable movie than Wonder Woman.

Plus its a MCU film. Sure AntMan 2 didnt seem to get any real boost but i think Cpt Marvel will.

The more i look at it the more i think its gonna end with $700-1050 mil.
Look, no one wants this movie to be successful more than me... but I'll believe it when I see it.

If it doesn't make at least as much as Venom and Aquaman, I'd be completely f**king gob-smacked

but then again, we live in a world where those POS Transformers and Fast and the Furious movies reach $1b while Ant-Man & The Wasp only made $622m... so what do I know

If it doesn't make at least as much as Venom and Aquaman, I'd be completely f**king gob-smacked

but then again, we live in a world where those POS Transformers and Fast and the Furious movies reach $1b while Ant-Man & The Wasp only made $622m... so what do I know

But the last 2 Transformers movies didnt make a billion cause the previous films were mideocre or bad.

So there is some sense in the audiences still.

Cap Marvel combined with EG means it’s likely going to be another amazing start to the year for the MCU in terms of box office.
Far from home has a lot of hype too. Will this be the year every MCU film makes a billion? I hope so.

Far from home has a lot of hype too. Will this be the year every MCU film makes a billion? I hope so.
The best chance so far for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"