Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Discussion in 'Captain Marvel' started by Thread Manager, Oct 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwiftFox

SwiftFox Registered

Those panels are from Bendis run on Spider-Woman in 2009. Shows how Jess dealt with the aftermath of Secret Invasion. She's come a long way since then.

And I can see Rhodey either being sort of a mentor to Carol or at least a friend in the MCU. Would be kind of disappointed if Rhodes didn't show up in her movie.

#926 SwiftFox, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  2. SwiftFox

SwiftFox Registered

Meant to edit my other post oops.

3. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

If you ask me for my hypothetical Phase Four (which you're not), it would involve Captain Marvel (introducing Spider-Woman), the Fantastic Four, and lead up to a Secret Invasion movie. Then Phase Five could start with Spider-Woman: Agent of SWORD.

4. Mike5575

Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

It's from Jessica Drew: Agent of Sword. There's a motion comic of it that I saw and it's pretty badass. I'll post some vids of it later.

5. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

Yeah, that was my intro to Jessica Drew (and why I insist she is British).

6. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Thanks. Secret Invasion, huh. Maybe one day I'll check it out.

I get what you're saying, but I really don't see it as a necessity. Their relationship in the comics is after all quite recent and if you ask me, it's not even a particularly interesting one. I wish they could've explored it more but nope, Marvel had to give us Civil War II instead.

#931 Abudefduf, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  7. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

So, there's this rumor running around (it's actually being reported by quite a few sites) that Doctor Strange may contain a Captain Marvel easter egg... this one, to be more precise:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/11/05/doctor-strange-easter-eggs-spoilers

Uh, not sure why Derrickson's playing coy, we know it's not Carol. It sounds nothing like her. I mean, schizophrenia? I know Ms. Marvel suffered from a split personality at the beginning of her superhero career, but come on.

8. DarthMuppet

DarthMuppet Lord John Whorfin

I agree... no way in hell it's Carol. I'm not even sure why someone would start that rumor. Basic logic rules it out completely. She wouldn't be allowed to serve in the air force if she had been diagnosed with schizophrenia.

9. Mike5575

Mike5575 I'm the Captain now!

While, I doubt it's Captain Marvel, schizophrenia is part of her superhero origins and her history in the air force ling predates the character's superhero origins. When Carol was transformed, Mar-Vell's Kree DNA was copied into her hero own DNA which also affected her brain. She had Mar-Vell's memories. Often what would happen is civilian Carol would pass out and transform into the Kree Warrior Ms Marvel.

10. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

*Obligatory pointing out that split personality and schizophrenia are not the same thing*

11. mustapantteri

mustapantteri Registered

While DID and schizophrenia are not the same thing, it's quite common to misdiagnose one as the other. Not saying that the captain marvel easter egg is true, but it's indeed a possibility.

12. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Stormborn

I think that would be an interesting way to go about an origin story. A person with a serious mental illness that becomes a super hero? That's fascinating.

We know they're going to change her story around already, didn't Fiege or someone say they wanted to so she wasn't similiar to Green Lantern? She could still be in the Air Force and diagnosed while on a tour or something?

13. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

No thanks to this alternate origin. If this did turn out to be Carol they were referring to, I would be severely disappointed, but thankfully, I don't remotely believe it to be the case.

14. SwiftFox

SwiftFox Registered

I dunno - I think that would be a pretty interesting way to go.

15. MbJ

MbJ Registered

It's glad to say Captain Marvel is in on the tradition of people thinking every random throwaway line or minor character is a major Marvel player. This is up there with those people who kept claiming Beta Ray Bill was totally in Guardians of the Galaxy.

16. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

Seriously.

22 year old
    Suffering from schizophrenia
    Has an electronic implant in her brain

The only thing this girl and Carol Danvers have in common is that they're both women. And I still don't understand why Derrickson didn't shoot down the speculation like he did with the Rhodey one, but what do I know.

17. SwiftFox

SwiftFox Registered

Probably because he wants to see what the fans will do with it? I don't know.

Also, with the amount of times Jessica Drew comes up in discussion, should she have her own thread even though we don't know if she's in the MCU or not yet?

18. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

If we have a thread for that Rick Jones dude we can sure as heck also have one for freaking Jessica Drew.

19. SwiftFox

SwiftFox Registered

Done and Done.

20. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Stormborn

Maybe they could work it to say that she was already in the Air Force, suffered from it in her service and was given the implant to help?

I think it could be interesting, but I 100% understand long time fans of the character not wanting any changes. That's completely valid.

21. Tg11

Tg11 Registered

I wonder if Vol. 2 of GOTG their post-credits scene will set up towards Captain Marvel

22. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Stormborn

I think GOTG2 will set up Infinity War, then maybe Infinity War will give us Captain Marvel?

23. Tg11

Tg11 Registered

But with Carol showing up in Infinity War I wonder if she will have sort of like a background appearance sort of like how Chadwick did in Civil War like introducing her gradually and then eventually making her an integral part of The Avengers near the end of Part 1 since it is a 2 parter after all

24. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Registered

I don't think Marvel was going to announce Brie Larson at Comic-Con without introducing her before her own movie.

25. Abudefduf

Abudefduf Registered

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/marvel-kevin-feige-interview-spider-man-captain-marvel-diversity-1201923851/

Flying through the sun, huh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.