Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kylie Bunbury. Do it.

With this just breaking right before filming starts, I think that Marvel likely already has someone hired but is waiting to release it.

Sorry to see her go, but since the scheduling conflicts have been known since January, I'd imagine they've already got someone else lined up, so I'm not worried about it impacting production or anything like that. Mainly just curious who it'll be.

Poor thing. It's a shame this movie got de-dewanda wised. I hope she's not beating herself up about it

This leads me to think it's still not Monica Rambeau because if it was, I would think that there would be a bigger name involved to replace Wise. Also, all of the stuff I said earlier when Wise was a part of the cast, namely that if she was Monica, she would have to go in a mission with Carol to where they disappeared for almost 20 years only to re-emerge looking the same as when they disappeared and I don't know if they are going to do that for two characters in one movie.

Last edited:
This leads me to think it's still not Monica Rambeau because if it was, I would think that there would be a bigger name involved to replace Wise. Also, all of the stuff I said earlier when Wise was a part of the cast, namely that if she was Monica, she would have to go in a mission with Carol to where they disappeared for almost 20 years only to re-emerge looking the same as when they disappeared and I don't know if they are going to do that for two characters in one movie.
I figured that it wouldn't be Monica either because of the 90s thing. Hey maybe she's Monica's mom :p

If the movie adds a second black actress to the cast and she's older, say Taraji P. Henson or Sanaa Lathan, then I can believe that that actress is Monica. Right now, the 90's thing is the reason I don't believe it right now, especially if the actress they got to replace Wise is her late 20's and early 30's.

Could save Monica for a possible sequel. Though I am curious who she's supposed to be

I remember Lashana Lynch from Fast Girls. Lily James who went on to find success in Downton Abbey, Cinderella and Baby Driver was also in Fast Girls.

I don't think she is playing Monica (I hope not anyway), but I don't get your reasoning here. DeWanda Wise is not a big name so why would her replacement have to be?

Poor thing. It's a shame this movie got de-dewanda wised. I hope she's not beating herself up about it

This must really suck. She made a post on IG a week ago about being depressed.

That's horrible. I couldn't even imagine having to give up such an opportunity

I don't think she is playing Monica (I hope not anyway), but I don't get your reasoning here. DeWanda Wise is not a big name so why would her replacement have to be?

I mis-spoke as I meant to say older. My main reasoning that she is not Monica is due to the fact that I don't see them having two characters who disappeared in the 1990's and coming back looking exactly the same......not in the same movie at least. If Monica was in the film, she would have played by an older actress.

With principal filming supposedly starting sometime this month, I'm sure there's going to be a bunch of cast announcement soon.

That manip over the page looks so good.

I'm hoping for a post-credit scene in A:IW, the only spoiler I'm actively looking forward to reading before seeing the movie.

If the movie adds a second black actress to the cast and she's older, say Taraji P. Henson or Sanaa Lathan, then I can believe that that actress is Monica. Right now, the 90's thing is the reason I don't believe it right now, especially if the actress they got to replace Wise is her late 20's and early 30's.

Lathan would be the bomb. Sadly, she'd be too old.

They should cast the actress from Sleepy Hollow. She was also the wife in the Jackie Robinson film "47" with Chadwick BOseman.

Well damn Joe, don’t act like it’s a secret or anything lol.

But seriously, my hype for IW just doubled. :mrk:

Did he really mean IW or might he have been talking Avengers 4? Quite a blatant cat out of the bag moment otherwise!

The 2nd time he says it, he says “mostly we’re just excited to be INTRODUCING Captain Marvel in this film.” If he were talking about A4, it wouldn’t be an introduction since that comes after Captain Marvel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"