Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still hope Moonstone is at least introduced. She can be Sofen and then in the sequel go full on dark side. Ben is a great addition. While the assumption is bad guy, which sure, he can do in his sleep, I think he would also make for an interesting Marv-ell.

Yep, Mendelsohn is a great addition and yep, so many outlets and people are too busy talking about him being a villain that they are missing his awesome Mar-Vell potential.

Still hope Moonstone is at least introduced. She can be Sofen and then in the sequel go full on dark side. Ben is a great addition. While the assumption is bad guy, which sure, he can do in his sleep, I think he would also make for an interesting Marv-ell.

Since this is a 90's period piece I can see why they wouldn't use Moonstone. When they inevitably do a sequel set in the present you can set Moonstone up for bigger things, like as part of the Masters of Evil or even a Thunderbolts spin-off film.

Since this is a 90's period piece I can see why they wouldn't use Moonstone. When they inevitably do a sequel set in the present you can set Moonstone up for bigger things, like as part of the Masters of Evil or even a Thunderbolts spin-off film.

I think that would be a pretty cool way to go about it.

Surfer

Getting my clock cleaned in the Deathmatch finale.

It's getting desperate my Hype brethren.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=35879631&styleid=1

Reek has mounted an insane comeback. Ten good stout Hypesters can turn the tide.

tumblr_n75792iGvS1qlxvxuo1_500.gif

Seems reasonable. It's a little more than a year before release.

Was just thinking... They could introduce all sorts of characters in this as younger even very young versions of themselves for later use throughout the MCU, not just previously seen characters. Like Sofen could be a young girl or teen and then cast an adult for the modern MCU.

Moonstone should be built up like how Mordo was in Doctor Strange introduce her as a hero first well as a secondary hero but then have her go bad

Yeah Moonstone is a "sequel film" type of villain imo. However, Dr. Karla Sofen should appear here and be built up before becoming a full-on baddie I think.

Agreed with the above. I prefer her to be introduced first and then become the main villain in the sequel.

Even with Civil War. It's really only Mads character who was kinda wasted but that was mostly because it was Doctor Strange's origin story.

Should we wait til confirmation to give Mendelsohn his own thread?

Yes I loved Zemo in Civil War.

I find him to be rather overrated by some myself. He was just "meh" for me.

I find him to be rather overrated by some myself. He was just "meh" for me.

I liked that he didn't have to be a physical threat to hurt the Avengers. I think they can still build off of that. If something happens to him in the future where he gets some ability then he is even more dangerous.

so is Brie expected to be taking home a 5-10 million dollar paycheck or is Marvel still a bit cheap paying newcomers to the MCU?

Thor Ragnarok had that absolutely epic scene using Immigrant Song. I'd love it if we got something similar set to a grunge tune.

so is Brie expected to be taking home a 5-10 million dollar paycheck or is Marvel still a bit cheap paying newcomers to the MCU?

Well her being an Oscar Winner already might help her case in that regard.

Eh... I am not sure Brie is in the position even with Oscar history to be THAT demanding.

From all of the interviews I have heard, Brie sounds very humble.

If this is the 90's I wonder if we'll get a Coulson cameo.

If this is the 90's I wonder if we'll get a Coulson cameo.

I have my doubts about it, but who knows. He would be in his 20's during that decade and they can use CGI to de-age Clark Gregg, but I get the feeling that there will be no TV characters, and that includes Coulson, in the movies. I think he served his purpose in the movies.

I have my doubts about it, but who knows. He would be in his 20's during that decade and they can use CGI to de-age Clark Gregg, but I get the feeling that there will be no TV characters, and that includes Coulson, in the movies. I think he served his purpose in the movies.

De-ageing Coulson would seem like a waste of CM's budget given his relevance to the GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"