Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
CineEurope's IG reposted this

Dfbd_IAUV4_AEi_Em_V.jpg

FXbEqv5.gif

Don’t hyperventilate yet - apparently that account is reposting any mention they get, so it could be meaningless.

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this but is it universally assumed that either the mid-credit or post-credit scene in this movie will be Carol receiving the page from Fury? (again assuming there is a mid or post credit scene, or both)

Sorry if I'm late to the party on this but is it universally assumed that either the mid-credit or post-credit scene in this movie will be Carol receiving the page from Fury? (again assuming there is a mid or post credit scene, or both)
I don't think its "universally assumed" (the post-credits scenes of these movies have never been particularly predictable), but it's a strong possibility, sure.

I don't see a teaser happening until August or early September. Maybe they will show them a scene or some behind the scene stuff.

I would say closer to September/October

Is MS skipping NYCC? If so then... I think Kane's right.

It's quite a weird situation for Brie playing a fully fledged character in Avengers 4, and then having to film her characters origin story afterwards in her own movie.

July is my prediction... that's nine months before the release of the movie, which is more or less when we got the first teaser for Black Panther.

I don't think its "universally assumed" (the post-credits scenes of these movies have never been particularly predictable), but it's a strong possibility, sure.

Well it would certainly be a missed opportunity if they didnt include that somehow. It would be a great tie in to A:IW.

So it's assumed that the GA doesn't watch/know about the end credit/teaser scenes? It's not considered part of the main movie, correct?

So why would Capt. Marvel receiving the page from Fury be an end credit/teaser and not at the end of her actual movie? Because if both are end credit/teasers, and we assume not everyone has seen them, so then Capt. Marvel just shows up in A4 without any explanation?

(Sure if you stick around for the end credit scenes you know how she knows about the snap and why she came back to Earth, but that's only if you knew to stick around).

July is my prediction... that's nine months before the release of the movie, which is more or less when we got the first teaser for Black Panther.
Getting the BP 1st trailer that early was *extremely* out of the ordinary, though, for Marvel. I don't think very many people (if anyone at all) predicted that trailer would hit as early as it did. I would take the timeframe of BP's trailer drop as an exception, not a 'rule'. Outside of that film (as an anomaly) they've still been sticking to roughly a 6 month average time frame (give or take a couple weeks here and there) for first trailer drop.

Last edited:
That's true, but you never know.

So why would Capt. Marvel receiving the page from Fury be an end credit/teaser and not at the end of her actual movie? Because if both are end credit/teasers, and we assume not everyone has seen them, so then Capt. Marvel just shows up in A4 without any explanation?
Well, isn't that what they already did with Bucky? People who didn't watch the CW and BP post-credits stingers were probably very confused when he showed up in Wakanda in IW.

It's quite a weird situation for Brie playing a fully fledged character in Avengers 4, and then having to film her characters origin story afterwards in her own movie.

The DC did it first.:oldrazz:

even if there is a trailer it won't be released online most likely, maybe shortly after Antman&Wasp movie gets released.

BUT a few concept arts (high quality) would be nice.

TrailerTrack just tweeted that they'll be "very surprised" if a trailer/footage from Captain Marvel isn't shown tomorrow at CineEurope... make of that what you will. I still think it's too early but hey, I won't be mad if I'm wrong.

Their ladies' shoes. Shoes are not unisex.

Vans shoes are unisex. Their size listings give both the Men's size and the Women's equivalent (e.g., Men 8.0 = Women 9.5).

The only problem I can see is that they only come in one width, presumably medium. They look great and either sex can wear them, assuming they have the confidence for it.

That's true, but you never know.

Well, isn't that what they already did with Bucky? People who didn't watch the CW and BP post-credits stingers were probably very confused when he showed up in Wakanda in IW.

Ahhh very true, forgot about that!

If I was Marvel I'd put a teaser with Ant-Man and the Wasp. That way they're hitting their target audience and that audience can start spreading the word.

Then because there's what 8 months between MCU movies after this. I wouldn't release a trailer until Nov/Dec to give fans a quick fix and remind them of what's coming in March.

Getting the BP 1st trailer that early was *extremely* out of the ordinary, though, for Marvel. I don't think very many people (if anyone at all) predicted that trailer would hit as early as it did. I would take the timeframe of BP's trailer drop as an exception, not a 'rule'. Outside of that film (as an anomaly) they've still been sticking to roughly a 6 month average time frame (give or take a couple weeks here and there) for first trailer drop.
Wasn't the 1st BP trailer released at SDCC? I would think that was the reason why we had one.

If I was Marvel I'd put a teaser with Ant-Man and the Wasp. That way they're hitting their target audience and that audience can start spreading the word.

Then because there's what 8 months between MCU movies after this. I wouldn't release a trailer until Nov/Dec to give fans a quick fix and remind them of what's coming in March.
IWs made 2 billion the word was spread after that movie. The target audience already knows about the movie so a teaser wouldn't be some new thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"