Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
“because she’s the most powerful character in the Marvel universe”
So shes more powerful than thanos or dormammu

Toprak is 38 years old but definitely looks younger than that.

Her score for The Lightkeepers is lovely.

You should tweet that out to him.. :p I remember this one scene in Big Bang Theory where Sheldon goes "I sat through Iron Man 2, I think your client Robert Downey Jr. owes me 2 hours of his time." Lol.

:funny:

Ha! It will be awesome when thanos tries to throw another moon at her and she just piffs it back

I'm wondering if they're just making her super powerful because it's their first movie with a female lead.

I haven't kept up on the comics ever but remember Carol Danvers as Miss Marvel in the Avengers (pretty much as strong as Rogue). I have heard about post-2010 having her assume the name Captain Marvel along with some sort of Civil War 2 story that had her facing off with Iron Man. Unless she was nerfed down to fight Iron Man, I can't see how they could up her powers so much.

Genis-Vel I remember could fight the Hulk so I suppose she's about at that level in the comics then?

I'm wondering if they're just making her super powerful because it's their first movie with a female lead.

I haven't kept up on the comics ever but remember Carol Danvers as Miss Marvel in the Avengers (pretty much as strong as Rogue). I have heard about post-2010 having her assume the name Captain Marvel along with some sort of Civil War 2 story that had her facing off with Iron Man. Unless she was nerfed down to fight Iron Man, I can't see how they could up her powers so much.

Genis-Vel I remember could fight the Hulk so I suppose she's about at that level in the comics then?

In Uncanny X-Men 164 Carol got captured by an Alien race, the Brood that unlocked the full potential of her unique Kree/human genetic configuration, causing her to gain godlike power as Binary.

As Binary Carol was insanely powerful. She destroyed a entire planet when she battled the Brood queen.

Carol got power downgraded to only having limited access to her Binary powers in the comics after a period and it takes a lot of energy out of her when she goes that powerful. Binary is the equivalent of Carol Danvers going Super Sayian.

Last edited:
In Uncanny X-Men 164 Carol got captured by an Alien race, the Brood that unlocked the full potential of her unique Kree/human genetic configuration, causing her to gain godlike power as Binary.

As Binary Carol was insanely powerful. She destroyed a entire planet when she battled the Brood queen.

Carol got power downgraded to only having limited access to her Binary powers in the comics after a period and it takes a lot of energy out of her when she goes that powerful. Binary is the equivalent of Carol Danvers going Super Sayian.

Interesting.

Did she become that powerful as Captain Marvel? From what I gather, she just kind of dons the costume in an attempt to explore her past in the 2012 series and don't think she wears the Nega Bands of previous Captain Marvel's at all?

Anyway, after reading up a bit on the stuff you mentioned I think the visual look of Binary along with the whole interdimensional powersource she derives energy from would work great on screen when she's at full power; a good way to showcase her powers extend beyond something contained within her physical form. I'm still not so sure I like the moving or destroying planet idea but I suppose I will just have to see what they come up with.

Here's a brief description of the scoring session select press attended for CM:
Heat Vision attended Captain Marvel scoring session last month, and saw Toprak at work at Warner Brothers’ Eastwood Sound Stage. Vibrant strings were mixed with state of the art synths to create powerful action sequences. The compelling melodies evoked images of a fierce battle, and quickly retreated to softer, emotional notes for a more personal moment. Toprak conducted the entire scoring session, then raced over to a panel for her other superhero project, Krypton. No footage of Captain Marvel was shown during the session, which featured a number of musicians as well as mixer Alan Meyerson, known for his work on Hans Zimmer's superhero films such as The Dark Knight.

Interesting.

Did she become that powerful as Captain Marvel?
She's gone Binary a couple times as Captain Marvel, though the feats she performed in those instances were no where near the scale of destroying a planet or igniting the sun like the she did in her original Binary form. But the Binary powers are still there, so I suppose there's nothing to say she couldn't if she got super-charged enough.

She's gone Binary a couple times as Captain Marvel, though the feats she performed in those instances were no where near the scale of destroying a planet or igniting the sun like the she did in her original Binary form. But the Binary powers are still there, so I suppose there's nothing to say she couldn't if she got super-charged enough.
I hope they don't have her planet smashing or sun exploding until a later film since pulling those moves so early would leave them with little room to grow her character and powerset.

I hope they don't have her planet smashing or sun exploding until a later film since pulling those moves so early would leave them with little room to grow her character and powerset.
Agreed. I definitely wouldn't want to see her do something that huge in her first outing, although I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing her do something like it in A4 when the whole universe is watching. Having the other Avengers witness such a thing would be rather satisfying, I'll admit.

I'll bet the 3rd act of the movie will involve some sort of crazy energy output that puts her in some sort of de-energized state like what happens to the Binary character by movie's end.

Thanks. I suppose no need for the Nega Bands then. I just saw the comics had the Kree create them based on the Quantum Bands anyway so suppose there's always an avenue to explore this if Quasar appears at some point.

Last edited:

It'll probably be when she fights Thanos in Avengers 4.

I wonder who is doing the sound effects for a movie like this? Like what sound does carol’s zaps make? Is it kind of an electric sort of sound?

If it was the 80s you would go for a synth Sega soundtrack sort of sound. Is there an iconic 90s sound? The only thing I can think of is the t-Rex roar from Jurassic Park but I don’t think it would sound like that lol

I still don't understand how a human bestowed with Kree powers is suddenly the most powerful character in the MCU.

I wonder how will they portray that... if they will portray that.
They won't. There's no way she will be that strong. FFS, not even Goku can move planets. Freaking GOKU.

I still don't understand how a human bestowed with Kree powers is suddenly the most powerful character in the MCU.
tumblr_nbf1woCQrf1so6t6qo2_250.gif

No seriously, the only explanation I can come up with is that, in the real world, hybrids can sometimes be stronger than their parents. Mules are. Never heard of a mule who can move planets, though. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"