Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't. There's no way she will be that strong. FFS, not even Goku can move planets. Freaking GOKU.

tumblr_nbf1woCQrf1so6t6qo2_250.gif

No seriously, the only explanation I can come up with is that, in the real world, hybrids can sometimes be stronger than their parents. Mules are. Never heard of a mule who can move planets, though. :o

That's coz you haven't seen Captain Mule yet. :p

I still don't understand how a human bestowed with Kree powers is suddenly the most powerful character in the MCU.

Oh well it’s the standard King Arthur story. If people can believe a pheasant boy can be the once and future king because some chick piffed a sword at him from a pond then they can believe this

I wonder who is doing the sound effects for a movie like this? Like what sound does carol’s zaps make? Is it kind of an electric sort of sound?

If it was the 80s you would go for a synth Sega soundtrack sort of sound. Is there an iconic 90s sound? The only thing I can think of is the t-Rex roar from Jurassic Park but I don’t think it would sound like that lol

They should do a variation of the original PlayStation startup sound. That’s iconic 90s

I love thinking about sound design ever since I watched the lord of the rings extended edition commentary and found out they got the sound of the oliphaunts collapsing from the sound of a horse orgasming.

That’s real by the way, I’m not just having a laugh

They won't. There's no way she will be that strong. FFS, not even Goku can move planets. Freaking GOKU.
my boy nukes them instead :)

tumblr_nbf1woCQrf1so6t6qo2_250.gif

No seriously, the only explanation I can come up with is that, in the real world, hybrids can sometimes be stronger than their parents. Mules are. Never heard of a mule who can move planets, though. :o
didn't they say her origin will be different???

I kinda doubt that it will be simple Kree+Human DNA.

anyway, it would be cool if she can move planets and be like Well it's not that hard while Thor and Hulk are Gulp.

Last edited:
If she's mentioned her character can move planets, it's likely she's already filmed a scene like that in either the CM or A4 movie and I can't wait to see it :D:D:D

I mean, one of the main themes of her movie is how to make a woman who is the most powerful character, relatable.

physically moving planets.

I wonder how will they portray that... if they will portray that.

Okay but in your previous post you said it would be impossible to portray on screen. Just wondering why that would be impossible. I could see where some would find it unbelievable, but impossible? Seems like a relatively easy special effects shot to me.

I still don't understand how a human bestowed with Kree powers is suddenly the most powerful character in the MCU.

Why does it matter that the source of her power is Kree?

Okay but in your previous post you said it would be impossible to portray on screen. Just wondering why that would be impossible. I could see where some would find it unbelievable, but impossible? Seems like a relatively easy special effects shot to me.
I mean, moving a planet without breaking it.

you have to hold it somewhere and push it without breaking the thing you push.

the amount of force is insane.

That's coz you haven't seen Captain Mule yet. :p
Isn't that just Beta Ray Bill? :o

I love thinking about sound design ever since I watched the lord of the rings extended edition commentary and found out they got the sound of the oliphaunts collapsing from the sound of a horse orgasming.

That’s real by the way, I’m not just having a laugh
Well, thanks for forever ruining The Return of the King for me.

If I was Marvel I'd put a teaser with Ant-Man and the Wasp. That way they're hitting their target audience and that audience can start spreading the word.

Then because there's what 8 months between MCU movies after this. I wouldn't release a trailer until Nov/Dec to give fans a quick fix and remind them of what's coming in March.

Personally I think the first Captain Marvel teaser should be released on a streaming service. Put it before one of the Marvel films on Netflix - Captain America: Civil War maybe.

Okay I have to ask this, is it possible Carol is Mar-Vell's daughter?

Just posted this in another thread and the response got me wondering has this been queried before?

Because if not why not?!

Seriously!

Okay I have to ask this, is it possible Carol is Mar-Vell's daughter?

Just posted this in another thread and the response got me wondering has this been queried before?

Because if not why not?!

Seriously!

Because then Carol would be special from the get-go, rather than have to fight and struggle against a system that stacked the deck against her to achieve greatness. It undercuts her entire origin arc.

And it would be too similar to Star-Lord. :nono:

Does he bleed? :p

If he does he can be killed and put under glass

Also, he is overly polite and is often told to cut out the pheasantries.

His catch-phrase just before his knockout punch is -- "Pheasant dreams"

If he does he can be killed and put under glass

Also, he is overly polite and is often told to cut out the pheasantries.

His catch-phrase just before his knockout punch is -- "Pheasant dreams"

I heard all those lines in Nicolas Cage's voice. Pheasant Boy: Ender's Gamebird has to happen now.

Lots of movies use the concept of hybrids being more powerful...like Underworld

Are we really that far away from a trailer?
I remember Black Panther getting a trailer in the beginning of July last year...and the movie was released in mid February --> 7 months
7 months before the release of CM might coincide with the release of the Infinity War BluRay...

Early reactions to Ant-Man and the Wasp seem to be positive... guess it's time to start worrying about Captain Marvel.

I remember Black Panther getting a trailer in the beginning of July last year...
The BP teaser was released at the beginning of June, 8 months before the movie. 8 months before Captain Marvel is early July... and July is right around the corner. :sly:

EDIT:

DgY_TX1XUAEP6TI

Last edited:
Gosh I can’t wait to see what the set design will look like. Totally I think this movie will be really interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"