Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Some guy on twitter criticized Brie for not smiling decided to add a smile to her stills, and someone else retaliated by adding a smile to the posters of some MCU heroes. The result is one of the most hilarious contents I've come across on social media.
Sorry don't know how to embed tweets.

Poor Cap :lmao:

The nice thing with these new forums... there's no special trick to embedding tweets! Just post the link like you did and the forum automatically converts it to an embed (like it did for you) (also applies to Youtube Videos, Instagram posts (I believe), probably Facebook posts, and probably a lot of other things) :)

Has anyone seen the tweet about Brie having less dialogue in the trailer than Sam Jackson? Basically trying to push the idea that Marvel are being sexist towards there female star. Smh. What is the world coming to?
some people do way too much for attention.

some people do way too much for attention.

Way too much time and not enough brain cells. C'mon, he's narrating in a voice-over! It's to give the audience some back story and some idea as to what's going on.

Some guy on twitter criticized Brie for not smiling decided to add a smile to her stills, and someone else retaliated by adding a smile to the posters of some MCU heroes. The result is one of the most hilarious contents I've come across on social media.
Sorry don't know how to embed tweets.

Poor Cap :lmao:
He can smile all day.

If the film takes place during the 90s and SHIELD still exists...then if Carol is recruited by SHIELD then that means Carol has to know Peggy so then that means she must have known Janet Van Dyne and Hank Pym too so it makes me wonder if she also knows Steve, Bucky, Natasha and Clint especially if Natasha and Clint were around in the 90s in SHIELD but Carol must know the Winter Soldier which means she could even try to kill Bucky especially if she still thinks of him as an enemy of SHIELD or Carol she must not even know that SHIELD fell or that SHIELD is Hydra

What? All that is dependent on her being an active SHIELD asset by film's end and all we know for sure is that Fury and she set up some means of contact per the device seen in IW.

If the film takes place during the 90s and SHIELD still exists...then if Carol is recruited by SHIELD then that means Carol has to know Peggy so then that means she must have known Janet Van Dyne and Hank Pym too so it makes me wonder if she also knows Steve, Bucky, Natasha and Clint especially if Natasha and Clint were around in the 90s in SHIELD but Carol must know the Winter Soldier which means she could even try to kill Bucky especially if she still thinks of him as an enemy of SHIELD or Carol she must not even know that SHIELD fell or that SHIELD is Hydra
That sounds like a variation of the joke used in some movie and TV shows.

Man A - I was born in New York.

Man B - I have a cousin that moved to New York....do you know him?

kgBejZG.jpg

It looks quite vibrant there. Is it the exact same suit as the teal and green that the other Kree soldiers wear but recoloured?

And how come we've never seen any Kree in AOS wear that?

Also how come Mar-Vell isn't blue or the other members of Starforce?

It's funny I had an idea this movie could start with Carol having amnesia and trying to get back her memories of what happened and how she got her powers. And it looks I was right :D I'm really intrigued with this amnesia thing. It's not some revolutionary idea but we hadn't seen this so far in the MCU and could lead to some nice plot twists. I'm happy this is not another standard origin story.

I don't understand the hate for this movie. I mean I know Brie is super SJW and I really really hate SJW. But 95% of Hollywood are the same so why only Brie is hated for that? I don't care much about actors view I only care for good movies. Let's be honest, most actors are dumb drug/alcohol/sex addicts so the least we care about their personal life the better xD It's not like I stopped liking GotG because of what Gunn had put on his twitter.

Has anyone seen the tweet about Brie having less dialogue in the trailer than Sam Jackson? Basically trying to push the idea that Marvel are being sexist towards there female star. Smh. What is the world coming to?

"Melissa McEwan

✔@Shakestweetz
In the first Captain Marvel trailer, Samuel L. Jackson's character has 67 words. Brie Larson's character, i.e. Captain Marvel, has 33.

Come on, Marvel."
It's essentially the same argument that some used against the BP trailer where most of the speaking was done by white male characters and the only black character's voice was T'Chaka's. It's an absolutely dumb argument.

It's essentially the same argument that some used against the BP trailer where most of the speaking was done by white male characters and the only black character's voice was T'Chaka's. It's an absolutely dumb argument.
This was pointed out on the twitter thread, but Dr Strange spoke less than the Ancient one and Cavill barley said anything in his MoS trailers. Laughable complaints. And it's always from people that are not even comic book fans. It's about crafting a compelling trailer, not a competition to say the most words.

Given she's the main character and they want to keep plot specifics under wraps in a first trailer it makes sense that they can't use a ton of her dialog without giving anything away.

We can theorize that after she defeats the Skrull invasion of Earth, she then follows them out to space in order to keep them out there. Thus, she is on Earth for only a short time and is absent from dealing with all the other same-era characters.

This was pointed out on the twitter thread, but Dr Strange spoke less than the Ancient one and Cavill barley said anything in his MoS trailers. Laughable complaints. And it's always from people that are not even comic book fans. It's about crafting a compelling trailer, not a competition to say the most words.

Odin spoke a lot in the first 2 Thor trailers, so maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Just comparing the like/dislike ratio to the first two Venom trailers:

Venom trailer #1: 70 m views, 1.4 m likes and 49 k dislikes
Venom trailer #2: 39 m views, 650 k likes and 25 k dislikes
CM trailer #1: 30 m views, 900 k likes and 57 k dislikes.

The like/dislike ratio is much more impressive on the 2 Venom trailers but the # of views for CM trailer #1 is much more impressive then Venom #2 trailer views. However, Venom trailer #1 has 70 m views in 4 months time, what will CM #1 have?

I thought this was interesting considering how much people love to rip on Venom. None of this is indicative of either film's quality obviously, .

Just comparing the like/dislike ratio to the first two Venom trailers:

Venom trailer #1: 70 m views 1.4 m likes and 49 k dislikes
Venom trailer #2: 39 m views and 25 k dislikes
CM trailer #1: 30 m views, 900 k likes and 57 k dislikes.

The like/dislike ratio is much more impressive on the 2 Venom trailers but the # of views for CM trailer #1 is much more impressive then Venom #2 trailer views. However, Venom trailer #1 has 70 m views in 4 months time, what will CM #1 have?

I thought this was interesting considering how much people love to rip on Venom. None of this is indicative of either film's quality obviously, .
Worth noting, CM had the inevitable influx of "anti-SJW" crowds descend on it to dislike the trailer. Same ones that were spewing blatantly misogynistic BS in all the comments in their EW pics/articles and were offended by the headline "The Future is Female." They're in the comments of the trailer too. Has nothing to do with the content of the movie or trailer itself - it's a "cause" for these people. As far as I know, there's no agenda fueling Venom's dislikes. No political feathers got ruffled by a "turd in the wind," just good taste, lol.

Last edited:
Worth noting, CM had the inevitable influx of "anti-SJW" crowds descend on it to dislike the trailer. Same ones that were spewing blatantly misogynistic BS in all the comments in their EW pics/articles. They're in the comments of the trailer too. Has nothing to do with the movie or trailer itself - it's a "cause" for these people. As far as I know, there's no agenda fueling Venom's dislikes.

I think that's fair, but I also think it's fair that Brie's twitter persona has added to the political strife with the anti-SJW crowd (for lack of a better term).

I think you could also make the argument that the pro-MCU only crowd (rather substantial) has played a role in Venom's negativity. Obviously much skepticism is warranted considering the current state and track record of Sony's film division, but some of the haters won't even give the film a chance (fair or unfair). That will probably be the case for CM as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"