Captain Marvel General Discussion and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. BW is tough, but she's not emotionless. She nearly got killed by The Hulk. EVERYONE was scared s***less of the Hulk in that movie, except Tony.

Exactly. I'm glad that they did that, it's why I love Wheeon.

And don't forget how when she first confronted him in India, and he seemed to get angry, she held her ground and pulled her pistol (along with the rest of the SWAT team that were hidden outdoors).

I think this is really the only way to introduce the character in time for her to be apart if Avengers 3. Cause their is really no chance of Mrs Marvel getting a solo film till phase 4 at the earliest. Phase 3 looks to most likely be comprised of some of the following.

Captain America 3
Thor 3
Ant-man
Hulk 2
Dr Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Black Panther

Phase 4 seems the earliest for a solo outing.

She could work well as a supporting character for Cap 3 as well.

Carol as the most outspoken one who is competitive with all the Avengers vs Widow being the one who has the utmost respect for their abilities, who tends to be the quietest, even when she does speak, I like that distinction between the female characters.

Scarlet Witch being, y'know, the more emotionally expressive erratic one.

Depending on who they cast in the role she can also be a factor on AOS and a major one they could more easily weave through the movies and television show. You could have her go AOU --> AoS S2 --> Cap 3 --> A3 --> Her own film.

And the nice thing about Carol is that she'd work perfectly well in the MCU as a supporting character even before getting powers. If they want to save that storyline for a potential solo film down the line, she'd still be a tough enough "normal" character, capable of standing alongside other SHIELD agents like Hill, Fury, Barton and Romanov.

And the nice thing about Carol is that she'd work perfectly well in the MCU as a supporting character even before getting powers. If they want to save that storyline for a potential solo film down the line, she'd still be a tough enough "normal" character, capable of standing alongside other SHIELD agents like Hill, Fury, Barton and Romanov.

This. With the rumors about Age of Ultron, I'd rather see her as a subordinate of War Machine who's called in to assist with fighting Ultron before she gets her own film. I mean Captain Marvel can't be abducted by aliens and find out that she's an inhuman during Age of Ultron and we haven't seen the original Captain Marvel yet. It's way too early for her to have powers and I don't want to see characters popping up just as fanservice without any time to develop them but I would like a cameo.

Last edited:
So would it be awful to discover that Carol's father is actually Captain Marvel and he returns to Earth as part of a mission to secure the planet and discovers he has a daughter and in the process of trying to bond with this unexpected child he sacrifices himself to save her?

That way explains where her powers come from, after all Power Pack introduced the concept of powers being passed on and her gaining Marvel's abilities as his last effort to protect her would at least give a good storyline for her movie wouldn't it?

Love the Carol Danvers character can't wait to see her on the big screen someday soon.

So would it be awful to discover that Carol's father is actually Captain Marvel and he returns to Earth as part of a mission to secure the planet and discovers he has a daughter and in the process of trying to bond with this unexpected child he sacrifices himself to save her?

That way explains where her powers come from, after all Power Pack introduced the concept of powers being passed on and her gaining Marvel's abilities as his last effort to protect her would at least give a good storyline for her movie wouldn't it?
I like it but given the 616 history wouldn't that be kind of squicky for many fans and anyone who starts reading up on Ms. Marvels publication history?

I'd love that for Carol. Perhaps it could be why she befriends Mar-vell in the first place, since he could be sort of "perfect" due to being a Kree & she has a goal of out doing him.

I like it but given the 616 history wouldn't that be kind of squicky for many fans and anyone who starts reading up on Ms. Marvels publication history?

Yes, but this is exactly what they're doing with Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne...

I think they might be doing something similar to that with star lord but we'll have to wait and see

We don't know exactly what Hank and Janet's connection will be in the MCU. A lot of people (including me) are simply speculating that Janet might be Hank's daughter based off of the little bits of info/rumors that have come out. It fits.

That's...weird.

Not as "weird" as a May-December Hank and Janet romance, or even (gasp) as a December-December romance between the two (Hollywood, and the GA, hate AARP love stories).

Having Janet as Hank's daughter, falling in love with Scott Lang's Ant-Man, is a good compromise for canon; and probably the best we can expect, given Hank's non-canonical advanced age.

The best we can expect is for Janet to stand on her own and not have to be somebody's love interest in order to be included in the film.

I was initially put off by the idea, but I actually don't think it's all that terrible. It easily explains the half-Kree hybrid aspect (although, I don't know if they're planning to take a similar approach with Quill. If so, you might want to avoid it). It also allows Mar-Vell to have been a sort of legacy hero from, what, the late-70s/early-80s?, without intruding as much into Carol's story, or taking away from his.

And finally, having recently read several original Captain Marvel issues (just finishing up the Thanos War issues now!), as well as all of Ms Marvel vol 1, there really isn't much of a romance between them, so I don't think that'd be a big deal. It's mostly just her being the stereotypical damsel-in-distress archetype ("Thank you for rescuing me!" type of thing), which Yon-Rogg tries to use to drive a wedge between Mar-Vell and Una. Much later, after she's become Ms Marvel, they meet again and share a kiss "for old times sake" then agree to be friends.

The best we can expect is for Janet to stand on her own and not have to be somebody's love interest in order to be included in the film.
36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJkI.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"