Captain Marvel Spoilers Thread

Regarding how they found the pager, I’d assume they tracked the signal. One report mentioned them talking about the signal in the scene, so I’m guessing it’s meant to be a rather unique signal they picked up on or something. Or maybe it was brought to them by one of Fury’s colleagues.

Also yes, if this report is accurate, we should probably assume this is an actual scene from Endgame, just like they did with Ant-Man and Civil War.

Well it looks like part of that plot leak I posted was likely lost in translation, because according to THIS, while Annette Bening does play Mar-Vell, she is NOT Carol's mom. Carol just THINKS she's her mom because she knows she's a woman from her past (and the form the Supreme Intelligence takes when she's with her), but apparently Mar-Vell's just a Kree scientist who was in disguise on Earth and saved Carol's life.

Yeah, that's what I got from the initial spoiler anyway. The Supreme Intelligence just appears to people in a form familiar to them, even subconsciously. That's a smart way to approach it.

Still hoping we get the giant-head-in-a-bottle "true form" at some point, even a single scene, TWS-Zola style, but really liking that form-projection thing as an approach.

So Mar-Vell is Law, or...?

Yeah, that's what I got from the initial spoiler anyway. The Supreme Intelligence just appears to people in a form familiar to them, even subconsciously. That's a smart way to approach it.

Still hoping we get the giant-head-in-a-bottle "true form" at some point, even a single scene, TWS-Zola style, but really liking that form-projection thing as an approach.

So Mar-Vell is Law, or...?
No, Law is definitely Yon-Rogg.

I too hope we see the Supreme Intelligence's "true form" at some stage.

What is the soundtrack like? I heated the choices for the 90‘ies songs are too obvious...

One guy did say that a couple were too obvious, yeah, but the vast majority are praising the song choices (while not getting specific other than "90's mainstream alt-rock"). So far all we know is there's a Nirvana song in there somewhere.

Yeah, the Nirvana report bugs me a little, if only because "durr hurr, 90s song, Cobain durr hurr", it's lazy as bad place. But ehh, minor gripe. Not even remotely a biggie, especially if this is like the Favreau Iron Man stuff and we're getting multiple licensed songs as mood-setter. Wouldn't surprise me if that track they used in the trailers/commercials shows up in the flick itself.

Would love some audible NIN too, but tend to think Marvel's already sort of mined the few 90s-era Trent songs without a full-on vicious audio assault and with PG-enough lyrics for promoting a blockbuster. :oldrazz: Probably not a whole lot left, from those 90s coked-up-boozer Trent glory days. I can make do with the t-shirt.

Well I'm glad for the Nirvana, personally. Very few bands defined the 90's like them. It just feels right that they'd be included somewhere, especially if the sound of choice is "90's mainstream alt-rock." I hope Alanis and the Cranberries make the cut somewhere, too.

Heh, Cranberries should've been in Ragnarok. "Zombbbbiiiieeee-IE-IE-IE-IE-OH-OH-OH..." lameness when fighting Hela's dead minions. :funny:

Regading more general spoilers, have we heard much about the air force stuff yet? I've really tempered expectations for that, especially since the comment recently the movie's a majority in space. Guess we all figure the pilot stuff's all in flashback, which is fine, but hope we at least get a good few-minute air mission scene, her and her squadmates in their F-15s, doesn't matter if it's combat or just a training run.

The spoilers have really glazed over the flashback content thus far. They just mention that some of it gets unlocked after she's captured by the Skrulls.

And the cat after that is teleporting to Thanos Titan 2 to live
to a great age

From that DanielRPK guy:

-Both the Skrulls and the Kree were on Earth for a long time, disguising themselves as humans and working on something called "Project Pegasus" for the military trying to study and control Quantum Energy with the Tesseract. When something goes wrong an explosion send Quantum Energy inside Carol Danvers' body. Jude Law's character who was there disguising himself as a scientist toke her with him to the Kree. They wiped her memories and made her their soldier.

-The Tesseract is what the Kree and Skrulls fight for in the movie. It hides the secret for Quantum Energy.

-Fury makes the mistake of befriending Carol's pet feline, which actually turns out to be an alien in disguise. At some point in the film, it eventually scratches his eye and while Fury thinks it's no big deal at first it spreads and he eventually loses it.

-When Carol encounters the Supreme Intelligence, it projects an image of someone from Carol's memories to her and that's who Carol sees the Supreme Intelligence as. The Supreme Intelligence projects itself as someone different to everyone it encounters, but to Carol, it projects itself as a woman who Carol knows but can't remember how and from where. However, we soon learn that this woman was a Kree in disguise who was a doctor during Project Pegasus on Earth, Dr. Wendy Lawson. Aka Mar-Vell that saved Carol.

-Jude Law and the Kree are the real villains, they want the Tesseract for their own evil gain.

-Two after credits scene;

Scene 1: A scene from Avengers: Endgame. It’s at that base we see in the trailer, we see Cap (he has a beard here) and Widow are checking Fury's pager. They say the signal went off. They want to turn it back on. Caps looking at a rising count of how many people disappeared. Rhodes there. Then Banner says he doesn’t even know who’s on the other end. The signal turns back on. They turn around and Carol is there and says where is Fury.

Scene 2: A funny scene, Goose the cat is barfing up the Cosmic Cube out of his mouth.

It seems he got these secondhand from other sources, and I'm not sure that part about Fury's eye is accurate as it clashes with the version from other leaks, but I think most of this tracks.

The eye thing seems dark. I don't buy it. Daniel has been having flop info lately anyways

I hope they eye thing isn’t true. In Winter Soldier, Fury makes it sound like he lost his eye because of a betrayal which leads to him being paranoid about whom to trust. In reality it’s because he decided to pet a cat.

Also something else I can’t reconcile. In the first Avengers, after it’s discovered Shield is making weapons from the Tesseract, Fury states it’s because it’s in reaction to Thor coming to Earth and him realizing Earth needs to be better prepared for the next attack.

But based on CM, wouldn’t he already know there are aliens out there that could attack Earth?

I don't know how true this is, but the same people who spoiled Last Jedi for me (Luke dying, Leia living, Snoke dying specifically) just spoiled that:

Adam Warlock is in the film

Could be BS. It's from reddit (specifically r/imgoingtohellforthis), but again they did spoil Last Jedi for me a day or two before release.

That’s pretty easy to reconcile, I think. He was lying to them. Remember Tony’s line “He’s THE SPY. His secrets have secrets..”

The harder issue for me is how the world is going to be oblivious to those massive Kree spaceships in Earth’s orbit.
Also something else I can’t reconcile. In the first Avengers, after it’s discovered Shield is making weapons from the Tesseract, Fury states it’s because it’s in reaction to Thor coming to Earth and him realizing Earth needs to be better prepared for the next attack.

But based on CM, wouldn’t he already know there are aliens out there that could attack Earth?

Ehh, the Kree ships don't really bug me. You'd figure Kree & Skrulls alike can cloak from us lowly humies if they want to. Only reason we've seen the ships in the Battle Of New York and the giant Thanos-wheels is that they want to be seen, make a grand dramatic entrance and have us peeing ourselves.

As for Fury in Avengers, always seemed to me he knew aliens were out there rather than just suspected. Captain Marvel & Friends/Enemies seems the logical reason why. And all of those tesseract weapons would have taken a while to cook up, R&D to prototypes, he's probably been at this a while. It's just that things get kicked into high-gear emergency mode when Thor & Destroyer show up, he starts panicking like something's gonna happen probably sooner rather than later.

That all works fine consistency-wise, so long as Captain Marvel ends with the Skrulls running off with their tails between their legs and not expected to make another play for the Earth anytime soon, and the Kree not having any immediate designs on us.

Last edited:

Honestly, I'd just chalk that up to Fury being Fury. He was basically guilting Thor and shifting "blame" to the Avengers for why they needed Tesseract-powered weapons. Just like he put blood on Coulson's cards and acted like he had them on him when he died just to get them motivated to take action. Manipulating the heroes by telling them what he thinks they need to hear at the time is kinda his main thing, lol.

To be fair to Fury, the earth pretty much did need the Tesseract weapons, Loki on Earth or no. :oldrazz: Once Destroyer shows up, worst fears confirmed, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s gonna do what it has to do. We didn't stop developing rocket weapons in the 50s just because the Nazis were using 'em a decade earlier.

And at that stage the Avengers weren't exactly on a need-to-know basis, I guess maybe Widow & Clint aside depending on how far up the chain they are clearance-wise by then. Certainly Fury had a pretty good reason not to tell Steve about 'em, and he doesn't exactly know what to make of Tony yet as far as how much he trusts the guy.

I don't know how true this is, but the same people who spoiled Last Jedi for me (Luke dying, Leia living, Snoke dying specifically) just spoiled that:

Adam Warlock is in the film

Could be BS. It's from reddit (specifically r/imgoingtohellforthis), but again they did spoil Last Jedi for me a day or two before release.[/QUOT

He's not in the film.

I like the sound of that possible Endgame credit scene. It would be a great way to kick off the buildup hype for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"