Super Mario Captain Toad:Treasure Tracker

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score
Toad Gets His Own Wii U Game With Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. June 10, 2014 . 12:00pm

Captain Toad can’t jump due to all the weight from his backpack and oversized head lamp. He doesn’t really have any super powers either, but he’ll use his wits to find hidden gems, coins, and power-ups.

[YT]m91qkP5ZaN8[/YT]Nintendo revealed during their digital event this morning that Captain Toad, who appeared in Super Mario Galaaxy and was playable for mini-game puzzles in Super Mario 3D World, is getting his own puzzle game with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker for Wii U.

Captain Toad can’t jump due to all the weight from his backpack and oversized head lamp. He doesn’t really have any super powers either, but he’ll use his wits to find hidden gems, coins, and power-ups while looking for the gold star.

However, the stages are filled with all kinds of traps, so you’ll need to help Captain Toad using your perspective by twisting the camera around to look out for traps and find hidden locations.

The Wii U GamePad gives us a closer look at the dangers and hidden items in the stage, and it ca also be used for its gyro controls to get a better look around Captain Toad.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will launch sometime in the Holiday season of 2014 for Wii U.

source:Siliconera

YEEEEEEAAaaaAaAHHHHHHH!

Toad is my favourite character so I'm delighted with this.

I hope he gets a bowser/mario type archnemesis. He deserves a really cool one

The Captain Toad levels were one of the best parts of 3D World. Day 1 purchase for me. Looks fun!

Yeah, the Captain Toad was some of favorite stuff in 3D World, and that says a lot since I loved that game. Day 1 for me. But is this a full retail game or a DL game?

It looks download, and so did that new Kirby game, but I saw boxart floating around. Might not be official box art though

modal_mainimg01.png

modal_mainimg02.png

modal_mainimg03.png

modal_mainimg04.png

modal_mainimg13.png

modal_mainimg05.png

modal_mainimg09.png

modal_mainimg10.png

modal_mainimg11.png

Urgh, toads safari outfit. So cute!

That's fantastic. Captain Toad should've been in MK8. I know Toad was, but he needed the safari outfit.

Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker Spotted for $20 Off at Kmart. July 25, 2014 . 4:29pm

Upcoming Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker for the Wii U is somehow only $40 at Kmart.

toadspots.jpg

Could be a Kmart pricing error but right now Kmart is taking pre-orders for the Wii U’s Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker for only $39.99 – or $20 cheaper than the $59.99 you’ll find at all other retailers. If this is indeed a pricing error and not a crazy sales price then it your results may vary.

You can sweeten the deal a little bit more by signing up for Kmart’s free “Shop Your Way Rewards” program and you’ll get an additional $10 credit for pre-ordering Toad’s Treasure or any number of Wii U and 3DS upcoming titles. Any Wii U games priced $59.99, like Zelda Hyrule Warriors will carry a hefty $20 credit bonus. Nintendo 3DS titles priced $39.99, like Pokemon Omega Ruby, will have a $10 credit bonus.

This week there’s also a plethora of PC gaming offers you might want to checkout. On Tuesday of this week, Dark Soul’s II got its first DLC expansion “Crown of the Sunken King”. The Dark Souls II Season Pass gets you that and the two other soon-to-release expansions for $20 after coupon.

Kmart Pre-Order Credit on Wii U & 3DS Titles

Game Title Price Bonus Captain Toad’s Treasure Tracker (Wii U) $39.99 $10 Credit Zelda Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) $59.99 $20 Credit Super Smash Bros. (Wii U) $59.99 $20 Credit Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) $59.99 $20 Credit Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (Wii U) $59.99 $20 Credit Bayonetta 2 (Wii U) $59.99 $20 Credit Mario Party 10 (Wii U) $59.99 $20 Credit Yoshi’s Woolly World (Wii U) $59.99 $20 Credit Pokemon Art Academy (3DS) $39.99 $10 Credit Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS) $39.99 $10 Credit Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS) $39.99 $10 Credit Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (3DS) $39.99 $10 Credit Fantasy Life (3DS) $39.99 $10 Credit Fossil Fighters: Frontier (3DS) $39.99 $10 Credit
PC Gaming Deals

End Game Title MSRP % Off Sale Price Jul 24 Total War: Rome II $59.95 66% $20.40 Jul 25 Dark Souls II Season Pass $24.99 20% $20 Jul 29 World of Warcraft $19.99 50% $9.99 Jul 24 Empire Total War Collection $34.99 75% $8.75 Jul 25 Claire $9.99 36% $6.40 Jul 28 XCOM: Enemy Unknown $59.99 90% $5.99 Jul 24 Empire Total War $14.95 67% $5 Jul 24 Medieval 2: Total War Collection $14.99 67% $4.99 Jul 25 Digital Tribe Bundle (5 Games) $42.94 91% $4 Jul 24 Napoleon: Total War $14.99 75% $3.75 Jul 24 Rome Total War Gold Edition $9.99 75% $2.49 Jul 31 The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection $9.99 100% FREE
Read more stories about Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker & Wii U on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

****ing A! Thanks for posting.

FYI for those interested. K-Mart only has a base $5.99 shipping, it seems. You can bypass that by store pick-up, but it seems it's not available (I don't know if you can change this or not later). However, you can sign up for a free 90-day trial of Shop Your Way MAX to not only get free shipping, but also a $5 credit that can be put towards the order. Ended up pre-ordering with a final total of $38.40.

The credit is part of the free promotion, though, so you don't have to be part of MAX. Crazy, had no idea this was thing. Going to be doing some shopping for Nintendo stuff at K-Mart online now, I guess.

Wii U
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker release date set
Published 5 hours ago. 0 comments.

Game to updated next year with Amiibo support.
Captain-Toad-Wii-U-Dated.jpg

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will launch for Wii U in North America on December 5 for $39.99, Nintendo announced.
The game, first announced at E3 in June, lets players take control of the explorer Captain Toad as he sets off on adventures exploring haunted houses, smoldering volcanoes, and other areas.
In 2015, the game will be updated to support select Amiibo figures.

Read More

Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Nintendo, Release Dates
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Reaches North America On December 5th

. October 7, 2014 . 4:45am The game will cost $40 and will be compatible with “select amiibo figurines” in 2015.

[YT]UGjb1ec1f34[/YT]

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker will be available in North America on December 5th, Nintendo announced today. The game will cost $40 and will be compatible with “select amiibo figurines” in 2015.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is based on a mini-game from Super Mario 3D World. You play as Toad, as he explores locales like a haunted house and volcano. A gameplay video of the game can be viewed above.

Read more stories about Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker & Wii U on Siliconera.
source:Gematsu& Siliconera

Last edited:
I adore toadette. I'm super happy she's in the game.

I wonder if they'll explain her relationship to toad this time? I always assumed she was his sister

I don't think Nintendo puts any thought into that stuff with Mario.

Wii U
10 minutes of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker gameplay

Published 3 hours ago. 0 comments.

Plus, two Japanese TV spots.
Captain-Kinopio-Footage_11-04-14.jpg

Nintendo has released a new 10-minute gameplay video and two Japanese TV spots for Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.
The gameplay video sees a mother and daughter challenge three stages in the upcoming puzzle-platformer, each offering its own unique obstacles.
Watch the footage below. Captain Toad is due out for Wii U next Thursday, November 13 in Japan, December 5 in North America, and January 2 in in Europe.
Gameplay

[YT]dqWf5WR0b1I[/YT]

TV Spots

[YT]hDekkNwv5BE[/YT]

[YT]R9jk3kzGqtw[/YT]

Read More

Wii U, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Clips, Gameplay, Nintendo, TV Spots

source:Gematsu

I am so glad toadette is in this game

I got to play the first three levels at a GS demo booth. Really looking forward to this even more now, it's as fun as the 3D World minigames for sure.

Joystiq Streams: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker's wild ride on Wii U

(9 minutes ago)

Sick of living in the shadow of monarchs and plumbers, Toad and Toadette are striking out on their own. No more waiting in an angry turtle's castle just to tell you to look somewhere else for a princess! No more playing second fiddle in the platforming antics of Mario and his pals! Toadette and Toad seek only the thrill of the open road, the intoxicating rush of discovery. Their quest for independence and untold riches is irresistible, and so we must acquiesce: Today we stream Captain Toad:Treasure Tracker for Nintendo Wii U.

Join us as we dive into a smattering of levels from Nintendo's new puzzler adventure for Wii U on Joystiq Streams. Spoiler alert: We will, in the course of the game, be solving puzzles, so if you'd rather not see the solutions, avert thine eyes! We'll begin the action on Joystiq.com/Twitch at 4:00PM EST.

Dig our streams? Follow us on Twitch to catch them all.
[Images: Nintendo]​

Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker (E3 2014)

source: Joystiq

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"