Cara Delevingne IS Enchantress - Part 1

rMW0KXJ.jpg

edit : Is the finger a problem ? Should I remove it ? :nrv:

Last edited:
Well, Cara and I have one thing in common. Bags under our eyes.

That means we have two things in common.

David Ayer asked Cara Delevingne to get naked to prepare for ‘Suicide Squad’ role

Lynn Hirschberg: Did you have to audition for Suicide Squad?

Cara Delevingne: Yes. I met the director, David Ayer, at a hotel in London on a dark and stormy night. He didn’t tell me anything about the movie. Instead, he showed me pictures of these amazing, enlightened, powerful, but very evil women. He spoke to me about addiction and mental illness, which are things I find very, very interesting. The next time I met David was at his house in L.A. He asked me to read a scene from Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? I love that play and had acted in it at school when I was 17, so I was excited. Somehow, when we were doing the scene, I became livid. I hadn’t felt rage like that in years. And then I got the part! There still wasn’t a script, but David asked me to go and try and find a forest and, if it was a full moon, get naked and walk through the woods with my feet in the mud, which I did. There wasn’t a full moon, but I howled like a wolf. It would have been really funny if someone had seen me.

A nude walk through the woods at night reminds me of the ending of The Witch.

New screenshot of one of the villains.
CnGp6xGWYAAB3yC.jpg

[BLACKOUT]Her brother[/BLACKOUT], I guess?

Anyway. Some spoilers.

The production team was fairly guarded in terms of story, but one of the most enigmatic characters appeared to be Enchantress, played by Cara Delevinge. We will see her full transformation in the film, as she begins as June Moon, an archaeologist. She undergoes a number of costume changes that reflect her evolution over the course of the movie’s runtime, and the battle between June and this supernatural being Enchantress rages within her. She has a strong connection to the Suicide Squad in the form of a romantic relationship with Kinnaman’s Rick Flagg.
Enchantress’ costume designs are all rooted in North American history.
Most off-putting was Cara Delevingne in her Enchantress outfit. Up close, the details are a hodgepodge of cultures: An Egyptian ankh, a pentacle, a plethora of runes covering her sword and shield (which has yet to be seen in any of her character posters). When asked what culture archaeologist June Moon was exploring when Enchantress possessed her, our publicist wasn’t sure but believed Moon was in South America. David Ayer wasn’t much help later on: “Enchantress? I will keep it vague. She leaves a large shadow across the scope of this film. Shots to the balls over the course of it. I always imagined her as, if you look at her origin, she emerges from this cavern, this cave. I imagine her as like this, almost like this paleolithic Goddess who was at one point sort of worshipped by primitive man.”
Hawley was also more than happy to talk about how many iterations Enchantress went through and where the costume department got their inspiration from. The wardrobe girls played around with a lot of metals and the ‘green crystals’ on the cave wall where June Moon is first possessed. Each gown is kept in a box and looks like a mess of hardware that clatters as Hawley shows off their handiwork. It takes some effort to lift it out, and I can’t even imagine trying to walk in such a heavy rig.

“[Enchantress] represents some of those Mayan cultures -- she's all of those goddesses, fierce and terrible, the All-Seeing Presence in that. I think the way David's played out the relationship between that[Enchantress] and June, her other self, is kind of a wonderful thing. But that came up quite early. I was going, ‘Where is the Enchantress from?’ Of course, David said, ‘I want to link her back to North America and all those cultures and things.’
Can you talk some more about Enchantress? The costume design and everybody, they’ve tried to explain a little bit about what culture we’re dealing with here. It’s been very vague and if she’s possessed or what exactly is going on with her and how?

AYER: Enchantress… I will keep it also intentionally vague. She leaves a large shadow across the scope of this film. Shots to the balls over the course of it. I always imagined her as, if you look at her origin, she emerges from this cavern, this cave. I imagine her as like this, almost like this Paleolithic Goddess who was at one point sort of worshipped by primitive man. Again, it’s another character who has her own past and her own history. Her storyline and her evolution as a character figures very importantly into this construct. I don’t want to get more into her.
I'd really like to see that sword and shield mentioned in the Hitflix article. Like, right now.

Last edited:
Looks like they're keeping her the most secret out of all the characters.

Really hoping the re-shooots, ADR helped with her character. Was told she was one of the weaker points. I'm rooting for Cara do to well in this.

She the creepiest looking character of Suicide Squad. Croc is number 2 creepiest.

[BLACKOUT]Her brother[/BLACKOUT], I guess?

Anyway. Some spoilers.

I'd really like to see that sword and shield mentioned in the Hitflix article. Like, right now.
“[Enchantress] represents some of those Mayan cultures -- she's all of those goddesses, fierce and terrible, the All-Seeing Presence in that. I think the way David's played out the relationship between that[Enchantress] and June, her other self, is kind of a wonderful thing. But that came up quite early. I was going, ‘Where is the Enchantress from?’ Of course, David said, ‘I want to link her back to North America and all those cultures and things.’
The movie's researcher in the art department posted this on instagram.
11881574_537564913059738_2034149101_n.jpg

Spoilers for that volume of suicide squad.

The squad have to deal with a bunch of people that got turned into body-horror beasties that would be right at home in John Carpenter's The Thing.

I like that description of Enchantress as a paleolithic goddess.

Spoilers for that volume of suicide squad.

The squad have to deal with a bunch of people that got turned into body-horror beasties that would be right at home in John Carpenter's The Thing.

I like that description of Enchantress as a paleolithic goddess.

That sound great. I love that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"