Cast A Metal Gear Solid Movie

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by neobido9999, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Hudson Registered

you suck.

Bana would rule :o

2. Nathan Registered

No one can play Solid Snake. Not Bana, not Bale, not Jackman! :mad:

3. Rob Lobo Registered

karl urban for snake maybe?

4. BatJeff7786 Registered

Metal Gear Solid is too cool to become a movie. You know the filmmakers would just ruin it. So there isn't any point. But Bale or Bana would be good choices if they did. At least we would have a good leading man ( but then again, Hugh Jackman couldn't save Van Helsing......).

5. killmime1234 Registered

Kurt Russell is Solid Snake. Not only is the charecter physically similar but it was based on him. Did anyone else realise that "SNAKE PLISKIN" is Kurt Russell's name in Escape from New York?
    Solid Snake is very coincidentally similar to Kurt Russells character in the first MGS.
    However, it was cemented that it was definitely based on Russell when Pliskin was introduced in MGS2.

P.S.- Bale could pull off Solid Snake however that doesn't mean he should be first choice.

6. Psycho Hulk Registered

This is what we discussed and I said on the first page.
    But since you agree :up
    and it's Snake Plissken. :)

7. Elijya Registered

but that's exactly WHY he couldn't play Solid. He's already played a Snake

and besides, he's too old now

8. ddubbz08 Registered

Actually it has to be someone who's willing to play a fearless character. I would prefer maybe
    Snake(Plisken)-Hugh Jackman or Erica Bana
    Vamp-Marton Csokas
    Ocelot-Kiefer Sutherland

9. Timstuff Registered

Agreed.

10. Ive actually thought of Clive Owen as the role of Solid Snake. Most of you may not agree but there are some similarities. I've herd some of Clives voice acting and he can be pretty talented. But others may be right. The making of a movie from MGS could possibly be ruined. I've herd Kideo confirm that there is going to be a film, but does anyone know if hes going to write the script?

11. You know, It would actually be better if they did a CG movie. Improve the graphics, lengthen the story line. You know all of that good stuff.

12. sp1derg1rl Guest

Nothing could've saved that movie...(it wasn't that bad was it?)

if there was a movie, i'd just hope it'd do the game juctice.

13. Leonard Shelby Registered

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.

me likey. :up:

14. Leonard Shelby Registered

ERIC BANA FOR SOLID SNAKE.

that would be freakin' awesome.

15. Savage Earth Rocker

I actually like the choice of Clive Owen. Good casting. :)

16. Savage Earth Rocker

Defeats the purpose of making a movie in the first place.

17. (about the CG movie)

The only real reason I suggest a CG movie is becuase I dont think making a live movie about Metal Gear Solid would capture the greatness we know in the games. That way everyone would be happy, we could have the original voice actors.

18. Mr. Credible jukebox hero

the original (NES) Snake's look was nowhere near based on Snake Plissken from Escape from NY, only his personality. the original Snake's look was based on the good guy from the first terminator movie (forget his name) there's actually a pic you can compare that is exactly the same between the 2 of them. if i had the time i'd find it.

19. Mr. Credible jukebox hero

micheal biehn/kyle reese... geez, how did i forget that?

20. Savage Earth Rocker

Yes, but we can play the games for 3D. I mean yes it would be cool but I'd just be thinking "man, I want to play that". It's why comic book adaptions are(for the most part) live action and not animated. Yes animation would promise a closer translation but...we've seen the drawn character before. We want to see that character made flesh. That's the exciting thing about comics turned to movies. Yes I love Ultimate Avengers but I can't help but think "How awesome would this have been live action?".

21. Leonard Shelby Registered

yeah, basically a cg film would be like beating an mgs game, and then playing all the cinematics in succession.

no point in that.

22. I guess. If thats the case then I'd think if Clive Owen as Snake. Never really thought of the rest of the characters. Depends on if they're doing a completely different story line than one of the games, or pulling one of the game plots and moving it to big screen.

23. Savage Earth Rocker

As for others, I say Gary Oldman for Revolver Ocelot. I know most people would say Sam Elliot or Nick Nolte but I decided to go with the less obvious choice. Besides, Oldman as a bad guy always makes any movie more watchable. Even Lost In Space. :p

For Raven I can't think of any actor of native american decent that actually LOOKS like him so my first choice would be Michael Clark Duncan with contacts. I'd say Vhing Rhames but he's a bit...eh. Even if he is the better actor, something about him that's just...old. Maybe in his earlier, Pulp Fiction days, sure.

Juuust getting the ball rolling again guys.

24. Leonard Shelby Registered

bana for snake.

oldman isn't bad for ocelot at all.

for raven, i'm not so sure. duncan isn't bad, but he doesn't really resemble raven.

cillian murphy would be a pretty good psycho mantis.

sniper wolf? not sure.

25. Mr. Credible jukebox hero

i'd get lighthammer from blade II to play raven. he's not as big as the game version (who really is?) and it's a pretty small part, so it doesn't matter too much.

as for psycho mantis? i'd get the guy from the game to do his voice, and just get someone who's good with body movement work and make up, and who's pretty skinny (doug jones?) to play the part.