The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Perry White

w_1200,c_limit

I picture two as perry.
Either Denzel Washington or John Goodman

I’ve gotta admit; Mxy is one character I don’t ever need to see in live action (or in comics for that matter, ever again) but Lyonne would make me interested.

I’ve gotta admit; Mxy is one character I don’t ever need to see in live action (or in comics for that matter, ever again) but Lyonne would make me interested.

Yeah Mxy isn’t a favorite of mine but I think it could potentially be a cool background character, or reveal for a later film. Like maybe a Crisis crossover or some such that involves multiple realities.

I’ve always wanted John Goodman to voice Kilowog. Back when I used to read the comics, I always heard his voice in my head.

I would like the cast to have good comedic chops, I'm not wanting Marvel everyone has a oneliner style, but rather background characters are funny, with a lightness to their character rather than everyone delivering stone-cold stage theatre performances.

Throwing her out there for Lois…

Seeing her Sundance film being referred to as a potential break-out, so I’m gonna throw Eve Hewson into the mix before Kevin Feige gets his hooks into her…

2171e8e184aebf8aebef1f6474233111ead28ce7.pnj

2df5e5574d5052de1196cd61684ebb72a8b8ab1b.gif

Maybe he's too young but I was thinking about Owen Teague for Supes.

49ffe97de92558d8ed426250a71e3931ddfa67dc.jpg

I do get the vibe from Mescal that he is probably the strongest candidate out there even if he isn't the most obvious one. A lot of the other popular fan casts aren't the most... interesting sounding to me? I don't really want the most traditional Supes possible, Mescal feels close enough while still having a unique look and presence.

He is busy for the next 15 years on the new Linklater movie.
Oh please. It’ll be like a week or two once a year. Patricia Arquette was able to do a seven season long show during the making of Boyhood.

I do get the vibe from Mescal that he is probably the strongest candidate out there even if he isn't the most obvious one. A lot of the other popular fan casts aren't the most... interesting sounding to me? I don't really want the most traditional Supes possible, Mescal feels close enough while still having a unique look and presence.
Yeah he genuinely checks a lot of boxes to the point it's kinda surprising he's not a more popular fancast.
-He's the perfect age (26)
-He's a rising star that's bound to become super big eventually (the Oscar nom is just the start)
-His look, while perhaps a little unconventional compared to previous Supermen, is also not completely outside the norm to the point that the image of him in the suit couldn't become iconic.
-He's by all accounts an extremely strong actor that could probably bring quite a bit to the role.

NINTCHDBPICT000580413343.jpg

normal-peoples-Paul-Mescal-silver-chain-1080x720.jpg

It also helps that in a lot of ways he feels like the anti-Cavill. And I don't know... in a lot of ways he feels like he could pull off something maybe a bit closer to Golden Age Superman or maybe the Tim Sale Superman.

If Gunn were to do an extremely traditional take on the character in the sense of almost being Christopher Reeve but modernized I feel Corenswet would be the obvious choice but if Gunn is planning on putting some sort of twist to the character idk... Mescal feels like the pick he'd go towards.

He also feels similar to Will Poulter getting cast as Adam Warlock.

Completely agreed. It's the magic difference between casting someone like a Jon Hamm or Matt Bomer as Batman (or Superman) versus casting a Robert Pattinson as Batman.

Yeah he genuinely checks a lot of boxes to the point it's kinda surprising he's not a more popular fancast.
-He's the perfect age (26)
-He's a rising star that's bound to become super big eventually (the Oscar nom is just the start)
-His look, while perhaps a little unconventional compared to previous Supermen, is also not completely outside the norm to the point that the image of him in the suit couldn't become iconic.
-He's by all accounts an extremely strong actor that could probably bring quite a bit to the role.

NINTCHDBPICT000580413343.jpg

normal-peoples-Paul-Mescal-silver-chain-1080x720.jpg

It also helps that in a lot of ways he feels like the anti-Cavill. And I don't know... in a lot of ways he feels like he could pull off something maybe a bit closer to Golden Age Superman or maybe the Tim Sale Superman.

If Gunn were to do an extremely traditional take on the character in the sense of almost being Christopher Reeve but modernized I feel Corenswet would be the obvious choice but if Gunn is planning on putting some sort of twist to the character idk... Mescal feels like the pick he'd go towards.

He also feels similar to Will Poulter getting cast as Adam Warlock.

Yeah, I initially was hesitant on this idea given his height being a tad on the short side for Clark at 5'11'' or so, but that's hardly a make-or-break deal. He's tall enough and there's plenty of old tricks that can be done if Mescal absolutely needed to appear as if he were a few inches taller as Superman.

But after reviewing some clips from Mescal's performances in Aftersun and the show Normal People... he's got some ridiculous acting chops and a very apparent emotional sensitivity and willingness to communicate that aspect of himself/his characters that I think really would fit perfectly for someone playing Clark Kent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"