Cast a new Superman movie

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by batman44, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Black Narcissus

I tell ya one thing tho! One more solo Superman film that bombs, and our great grand children with their sex robots will be counting down till they get a new Superman flick.

Vaibow likes this.
  2. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

Henry's more Montgomery Clift than Rock Hudson. A Rock Hudson would be just fine, imo.

3. Eddie Dean

Eddie Dean Mr. Jackpots

I don't think there's a Rock Hudson out there, though.

4. flickchick85

Ya never know!

5. Eddie Dean

Eddie Dean Mr. Jackpots

OK, I got the better analogue. Cavill is Cary Grant, our next Superman should be Randolph Scott.

6. flickchick85

Yeah but even refined ol' Cary still seemed more rugged than Henry. I'd take a Cary Grant too (though Rock would be preferred). Henry's more...Laurence Olivier (not on a talent level!).

7. Black Narcissus

Superman should have the eyes of a cold killer.

:o

thangaran and Lobo like this.
  8. Eddie Dean

Eddie Dean Mr. Jackpots

Hopper Penn for Superman

9. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

Your references are too old! :oldrazz:

flickchick85 likes this.
  10. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

Ideally, if he is in other superhero movies, I would want him in the Supergirl movie. I would want him to stay in the "Super" universe for now. I guess if they cast Superman and have an actor ready, then he could also do a Shazam! movie, as long as it doesn't interfere with anything.

If he is already a Superman established as a hero for a while in these other hero movies, then when it is time for a solo, they could depict earlier parts of his life in flashback, as well as the present day/current threat. (Flashbacks could switch it up and have have more Smallville and Superboy, to be different from MOS.)

The Supergirl movie could be good for his popularity and re-introduction, but if a director for Supergirl doesn't want to use him, then I guess it means he's stuck in development for a while longer.

TheGuy likes this.
  11. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

I don't want a director from another film to cast Superman until the studio has an overall plan for him. Allowing a director from another film cast him gives them too much power over Superman's future. The next actor and interpretation has to be capable of carrying his own film even if he starts out with guess appearances in other movies. It can't be an actor or a version that merely fits a director's vision for their Supergirl or Shazam movie. The studio would have final say and a big part in it overall but I might just wait for a solo film and let that director choose in collaboration with the studio.

#711 STARMAN, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  12. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

They cast Wonder Woman for BvS and Patty Jenkins had to work with the actor (Gal ) already cast. If it's collaborative between WB and the Supergirl director then they could find the right actor. It would be better if they have a solo Superman director involved in the cast and the overall development, though. But it is possible to do it without a set director (for Superman), as they did with Gal and WW, Jason as Aquaman (since James Wan came in with Jason already set) and now it looks that the Flash solo movie director will work with Ezra Miller.

I don't think casting the role is something they can or will take lightly, even if it is for a smaller part in the Supergirl movie.

13. Vaibow

Vaibow Registered

Gal was cast with the plan to give her solo movies. It wasn’t as if her casting and role was just for BvS, that’s the difference.
    Whichever director decides to use superman - the studio need to have a clear plan in place with that character moving forward or at the very least lock them into a contract

14. STARMAN

Snyder cast them because he was the architect of the DCEU. He had power and influence spanning multiple films in what was supposed to be a shared universe. The Supergirl director is unlikely to have as much clout. Even if it's a good director I'm wary of such influence, not just with casting but with the version of the character they will depict thus forcing that version onto the director of a solo Superman movie. I rather leave it completely open for the next director of a solo to cast who they want and how they wish to interpret him if possible.

15. Vaibow

Vaibow Registered

Well... Shazam! Tried to include superman and look what happened!!

16. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

If they go the unknown route, I'm curious about John Michael Fiumara. Stage actor making his film debut in Spielberg's West Side Story. He has a narrower face than what Superman typically has, but he seems in pretty decent shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#716 Boom, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    TheComicbookKid likes this.
  17. batman44

batman44 Go Speed GO

If he can act, then I'm down. I'd like to hear how he sounds.....to google!!

18. Vaibow

Vaibow Registered

I love how marvel are releasing movie info of their phase 4 & sharing news X-Men, blade and f4 will be on the agenda whilst... but DC telling us a superman actor from a failed reboot will get a second chance on tv next year gets the win from me... ohhhh the state of It.

What I will say is this - Cavill in the Witcher trailer looked very glum, wooden & just miscast to me.. I would love to see Cavill with more to work with as superman but I just feel it’s beer to move on with someone with a decent acting ability who can bulk up...

19. TheComicbookKid

TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

Well if he gets cast, I get all the internet credit for finding him first!!!:argh:

Boom likes this.
  20. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

Correcto. The picture you posted caught my curiosity. Decided to do some digging.

Having said that, I can't find much background on him. Not even sure if he's a formal actor or a dance extra in theatre productions.

21. TheComicbookKid

TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

Eh. Everyone's gotta start somewhere. So why not as a superhero.

He has a good voice from the video snippet I saw.

22. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

On the animated movie front, we are getting a young Superman and exploring his early career (as well as Red Son):

"The 2020 DC Universe Movie slate will then wrap up with a standalone film called Superman: Man of Tomorrow, making this the first time two Superman-centered DC Universe Movies will be released in the same year. Unlike Red Son, Man of Tomorrow will be a fully original story featuring a young Superman early in his career. We’ll have to wait for additional details on what we can expect from this one, including who the villain or villains of the movie may be and what other characters may appear alongside the Man of Steel."

A Superman: Red Son Animated Movie is On the Way

23. STARMAN

I would love for a fully original Superman story in live action form. It's like the Superman I want to see is only allowed to appear in animated movies or television shows.

Vaibow and Willi Berg like this.
  24. GreenKToo

GreenKToo In the fire

For me, I don't want another origin.
    Show him already established, say maybe 5 or 6 years down the road after clark started working at the DP.
    He has already had several run ins with Lex
    ( bryan Cranston or Idris Elba ) and other villain(s), intergang, parasite, bizarro.

Brainiac would be the main villain ( keanu reeves or again idris Elba )
    The kents are both alive,
    Jonathan ( kirk Russell )
    Martha ( genna Davis)
    Perry white ( john Goodman)
    No idea on clark or lois.

#724 GreenKToo, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  25. Willi Berg

Willi Berg On The Run

It doesn't have to be an origin but I would like him to start younger- both as Superman and as Clark Kent the reporter. That way they can show his travels as a novice reporter and as Superman.

Good idea to keep both Kents alive. I like Smallville as a place still very much alive and thriving, that Clark can return to for comfort, to see his parents and friends.