The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Like hearing new names to consider.

Out of those names, Matthew Atkinson looks most suited to Superman. Maybe Alex Russell.

I wondered about Nick Robinson before. But I guess it depends on how he matures.

Same here I’ve been on a search for some new actors to play him.

Like you said Atkinson definitely has the look.

Nick Robinson is 24 & I think he’s always going to look young. He doesn’t have a crazy square jawline but I think there’s a warmth to him.

I might make an entire 2 fancasts one with Robinson & one with my guy Miles Teller.

I’m gonna throw some names at you all let me know your thoughts

Miles Teller- my first pick for Batman I think he could make an interesting Superman.

Matthew Atkinson- mostly on TV, currently on The Bold and the Beautiful

Alex Russell- mostly TV work currently on SWAT

Glen Powell- going to be in the Top Gun sequel. Stardom is slowly growing. One of my picks for Barry Allen.

Nick Robinson- especially if the movie is 5-7 years from now

Also like some names that have been thrown out like Luke Klientank or James Norton

honestly, i feel we need to go with someone not so... typical... i want something different... i want a man with dark hair, medium to light skin, with a western vibe. I want him to look like he is the nicest man on earth and his smile melts you and i am talking from the point process of a straight male, i want to feel safe, i wanna murmer daddy when he picks me up, lol... he should be all our saviours.

i am by no means a 'woke' sjw, and i am not clambering for a black actor just to tick boxes and appear cool (however i do feel steel deserves his own movie and is a whole other topic) but just like Dean Cain, i want someone that looks like he was born and raised in the states, but with something about his look that could make the xenophobe or racist single him out, not because i want to make it overtly political... but because i want this clark to embody america, as a refugee on earth and to live his life not looking like a typical alien with green skin, but just enough to look like he isn't from 'these here parts'.
For now i like:
Rhydian Vaughan.
Darren Criss

honestly, i feel we need to go with someone not so... typical... i want something different... i want a man with dark hair, medium to light skin, with a western vibe. I want him to look like he is the nicest man on earth and his smile melts you and i am talking from the point process of a straight male, i want to feel safe, i wanna murmer daddy when he picks me up, lol... he should be all our saviours.

i am by no means a 'woke' sjw, and i am not clambering for a black actor just to tick boxes and appear cool (however i do feel steel deserves his own movie and is a whole other topic) but just like Dean Cain, i want someone that looks like he was born and raised in the states, but with something about his look that could make the xenophobe or racist single him out, not because i want to make it overtly political... but because i want this clark to embody america, as a refugee on earth and to live his life not looking like a typical alien with green skin, but just enough to look like he isn't from 'these here parts'.
For now i like:
Rhydian Vaughan.
Darren Criss

Haha I mean that’s a great way of putting things. Those two are solid picks another few people who may fit that are Alexander Koch, James Wolk (another favorite of mine), Christopher Abbot, Justin Baldoni & Matthew Daddario. Just to name a few but I’ll keep looking & posting

Just FYI, if it was Darren Criss, you'd more likely be the one holding him - the guy is pocket-sized, a self-described "hobbit," and looks it.

ahhh shoot, i just checked out his height in pics, makes RDJ look like andre the giant..

Koch has a great look.. Wolk would be great if they were shooting now, he's slowly getting older. Daddario, if he can act and bulk up... would be good.

Matthew Daddario has a good look for the role but I would have to see more of his work.

giphy.gif

Yeah Koch definitely looks the part I’m not sure how his acting is.

Wolk is 34 like Cavill so if they made it 3 years from now it would be cool.

Daddario is definitely a guy who looks it & good age range but again idk about acting.

Another guy could be Sean Teale.

I see the movie more 5-7 years away so the actor should probably be 28-32 years old.

Y'all really gonna make me bring out the Doppelganger again, aren't ya?

I Googled "Matthew Daddario 2019" and got this from February:

shadowhunters-build-series-stop-01.jpg

shadowhunters-build-series-stop-18.jpg

This boy is 31 years old and still looks like a damn teenager with crows feet. He's only 6 years younger than the Canadian Doppelganger, who's too old now but has looked the part for over a decade.

los-angeles-usa-june-05-2019-thomas-beaudoin-at-the-premiere-for-x-men-dark-phoenix-at-paramount-theatre-picture-paul-smithfeatureflash-TC301Y.jpg

For some perspective, this was him back when he was a few years YOUNGER than Matthew:
c28b08225be74ea1e5a00a7717581e34.jpg

While not a legit option, I bring him back out every now and then as a reminder that we can do better. We must. Y'all missed the Superboy casting for Titans. This is a thread about Superman. :oldrazz:

Last edited:
Still think Wolfgang Novogratz is the best candidate I've seen so far. :oldrazz:

Maybe if they're making a live-action male version of DC Superhero Girls.

All I know is, I'm glad the "unknown" option is out there and still most likely what we'll get. Because the "young actors on the rise" today are for the most part not Superman material at all, imo.

Maybe if they're making a live-action male version of DC Superhero Girls.

All I know is, I'm glad the "unknown" option is out there and still most likely what we'll get. Because the "young actors on the rise" today are for the most part not Superman material at all, imo.

:hrt: o_O
EDTqreSXUAAiQTS

Maybe...when he's 30.

I think he has a good physicality for the role...I mean if Superman is a "brick", and kind of well-meaning and naive. He's got a bit of a teeth thing going on I'm not sure about...Maturity could help him a lot for the role.

Not the teeth again. Since when do superheroes need perfect teeth? Y'all know Cavill and Bale didn't have them, and yet, nobody cared.

Wolfgang Novogratz is good candidate for a rookie/ early years, Superman. He fits right in for my idea of a Superman movie that uses American Alien as a basis for the story.

In search of a veritable super man.

Not the teeth again. Since when do superheroes need perfect teeth? Y'all know Cavill and Bale didn't have them, and yet, nobody cared.
Wolfgang looks to have whitened his teeth so they're too perfect, if you know what I mean. Verging into Shazam territory!

James Wolk as Clark Kent/Superman
1f778d16aeec0d0eefbd641e321831e1--summer-styles-beautiful-boys.jpg

Lauren Cohan or Emmy Rossum as Lois Lane

r04w9eafltu21.jpg

MV5BMTYyNzgzNjYxMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQ0MTgxOQ@@._V1_SY400_SX320_AL_.jpg

Ryan Potter as Jimmy Olsen
Ryan%2BPotter.jpg

Michael Fassbender or Oscar Isaac as Lex Luthor

t02200261_0352041814073008006.jpg

7c69b4b613606eb1c2c445a855d2d083.jpg

Ralph Fiennes or Chiwetel Ejiofor as Brainiac
41555842_1821478704633972_5636125540936077850_n.jpg