The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Just read some internet chatter (Twitter) about the actor David Corenswet from the new TV show "The Politician". Saying he looks like Henry Cavill (crossed with Hayden Christensen!) and wanting him to take over the role of Superman. He's 26 years old and 6ft4. I have yet to see the show. I'm not sure but I'll just throw his name out here:

DAVID_CORENSWET-1.jpg

david-corenswet-netflix.jpg

EFk3eIqWwAA3bkW

Three words:
Unknown
Unknown
Unknown

For awhile now, the superhero leads we've been getting have been pretty well known. Get JJ to pilot this thing and put his Star Wars casting to good use again, finding someone who is either entirely fresh-faced (Ridley), recognizable from maybe one or two things but still pretty unknown (Boyega) or an indie actor on the rise who hasn't yet had their break-out moment (Isaac, Driver).

You and @flickchick85 can send the check through the mail.
71524936_527374937805773_486142278319509128_n.jpg

69843922_824847687912271_93445816362466045_n.jpg

Yeah if you look back on the thread I posted about him one post back.

I watched the first episode of "The Poltician". He would need to bulk up a bit, but he is tall and has a good look.

He looks like Cavill did before he got cast. Add some muscle and that is Supes right there.

Just read some internet chatter (Twitter) about the actor David Corenswet from the new TV show "The Politician". Saying he looks like Henry Cavill (crossed with Hayden Christensen!) and wanting him to take over the role of Superman. He's 26 years old and 6ft4. I have yet to see the show. I'm not sure but I'll just throw his name out here:

DAVID_CORENSWET-1.jpg

david-corenswet-netflix.jpg

EFk3eIqWwAA3bkW

I was talk about him on Twitter with someone definitely checks the look, build & age. Gotta check out his stuff to see what his acting skills are like. But he’s now one of my favorite fancasts!

I'll probably watch the show later in the week because I was interested in it anyway, but I just watched an interview, and his voice is A+ Supes material. :hrt:

I'll probably watch the show later in the week because I was interested in it anyway, but I just watched an interview, and his voice is A+ Supes material. :hrt:

I was a bit more sold on him after seeing the first ep of The Politician. He does have a good voice and demeanour. You can see why a lot of people started talking him up for Superman.

e.g. (back in August):

It's even mentioned to him on the show. One of the characters says he looks like Superman.

Last edited:
Hell he looks similar to Cavill in terms of looks so why not

Willi Berg has done a great job of bringing new candidates to this thread.

Willi Berg has done a great job of bringing new candidates to this thread.
Aw thanks Starman but it's not just me. Lately it's been fun to go looking for new candidates. It's actually helping me to see what new movies and TV are out there. Even if it is just a suggestion that gets shut down right away or ignored lol.

Hell he looks similar to Cavill in terms of looks so why not
Maybe no one will notice Henry's been replaced! :nrv:

Speaking of Ryan Murphy, Jake Picking was just cast as Rock Hudson on Murphy's new show. Dude looks more like a roided out Josh Hutcherson than Hudson or Superman, but maybe someone to watch.

LtJnlkz.jpg

7x7siwg.jpg

You and @flickchick85 can send the check through the mail.
71524936_527374937805773_486142278319509128_n.jpg

69843922_824847687912271_93445816362466045_n.jpg
He looks like an alien; a very handsome alien. I like that. I also feel he'd look great next to Pattinson if they were to go the World's Finest route (Which is JJ Abrams is directing this next Superman film, I think Reeves and JJ might be very tempted to do that)

He does look like Henry Cavill but it's not like it's an exact copy, he has a bit of a different look on his face.

Corenswet is intriguing. He's tall. Studied at Julliard. Seems to be receiving a positive reponse to his role on The Politician. Some potential there.

davidcorenswet.jpg

He also kinda reminds me of Justin Trudeau in terms of his look. I've seen him interviewed and he's got the kind of down to earth good vibe which reminds me a bit of Tyler Hoechlin. The interviewer even commented that he looked like Superman and Corenswet jokingly said" I don't know what you're talking about".

That is exactly how I envision Clark Kent being. Not stolid or scowling, but a likable guy with an actual personality, who you could actually hang out with and not suspect he's Superman.

I really like the Corenswet pick. .

Can’t speak to his acting, but his voice is...not great. :funny: Kinda sounds like a bro, if you know what I mean.

Here are two scenes with David Corenswet in 'The Politician'.

From first episode:

Spoilery scene:

That is exactly how I envision Clark Kent being. Not stolid or scowling, but a likable guy with an actual personality, who you could actually hang out with and not suspect he's Superman.

That's a definite plus for him. He seems like a relatable and approachable guy, say if he were reporting for the Daily Planet, interviewing people, travelling, writing a story etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"