The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

That is exactly the cast I'd expect from David Gordon Green, lol

Also, I can't believe I forgot Bibbo in my cast! Well if I can't have him as Harvey Bullock, then Holt McCallany would also make a mighty fine Bibbo, imo.

Holt+McCallany+21st+Annual+Hollywood+Film+4gWLsrGA18sl.jpg

Hype's starting up for David Corenswet :funny::
One star caught the attention of Twitter for looking particularly heroic. The Politician's David Corenswet is a Henry Cavill lookalike, and Twitter cannot get enough. In fact, he looks so much like Cavill, fans are hoping Corenswet, who played River in the series, will be the next Superman.
No, ’The Politician’s David Corenswet Isn’t Related To Henry Cavill

and Henry David posted this pic of him and Jessica Lange on Instagram:

Screen-Shot-2019-10-03-at-12-29-50-PM.png

I'm on the David Corenswet bandwagon now too. This dude looks great! Reminds me not only of Henry Cavill but Tom Welling a bit too, especially from the side.

Never posted a full fancast here because I never had a fave for Supes, and without him what's the point? But now that I do...

Every time Emmy Rossum gets mentioned here on SHH I have to keep double-checking her age, because she's been mentioned for Lois Lane for ages. For some reason she's one of those actresses I keep thinking is older than she actually is because the first thing I remember seeing her in was The Day After Tomorrow which was 15 years ago. But she was just really young back then. :o

Also Tom Cruise as Lex Luthor is brilliant, he could absolutely pull it off. He's one of those A-listers that I'd like to see in a CBM but hasn't been in one yet.

He's not my top choice, but I'm warming up to him. If I was the director, I would definitely give him a chance at a screen test.
I've talked to a couple of friends who are fans of The Politician and told them about his name being thrown around by fans as a possible Superman, and they all agreed it was a good choice.

What about Anthony Hopkins as Lex Luthor? He was already cast in Brett Ratner's failed project.

I don't mind an older Lex (hell, my pick is in his 50's), but I'd say 80+ is a little TOO old.

Honestly, he's much better in motion.

dcck452d918f60e5.gif dcck5-23f913c18a27.gif dcck2c7cd5b5c9dd.gif
dcck629034e64152.gif dcck2ade60102096.gif dcck3488e33bbb2d.gif

Here are two scenes with David Corenswet in 'The Politician'.

From first episode:

Spoilery scene:

Alright... Yeah, I'll jump on this train. He is a good choice. But only if they have to recast. Henry Cavill is still my first choice 10 times out of 10

I honestly think they should go the opposite with Lex. I've always felt like he was smooth and should be Bruce Wayne type handsome, charisma to go along with it. Bald Matthew McConaughey is my choice for Lex.

I honestly think they should go the opposite with Lex. I've always felt like he was smooth and should be Bruce Wayne type handsome, charisma to go along with it.
Agreed, which is why my pick was Tom Cruise. Luthor should have leading man qualities outside of the baldness. I wouldn't want McConaughey just because I'd prefer a Lex without that Southern twang, lol.

Agreed, which is why my pick was Tom Cruise. Luthor should have leading man qualities outside of the baldness. I wouldn't want McConaughey just because I'd prefer a Lex without that Southern twang, lol.

What if he puts on accent to appease these ''hicks'' ? Lex is a damn snob, at least my lex is. I think McConaughey would give us something special, cheese and all.

What if he puts on accent to appease these ''hicks'' ? Lex is a damn snob, at least my lex is. I think McConaughey would give us something special, cheese and all.
That would imply an ability to turn OFF the twang, which I've never seen him do convincingly, lol. But I do agree with Lex being a snob.

I'm on the David Corenswet bandwagon now too. This dude looks great! Reminds me not only of Henry Cavill but Tom Welling a bit too, especially from the side.
He looks like Cavill from side too. I'm still hoping for Cavill's return, but David Corenswet seems the right candidate for Superman too, so he's my second choice now !
Screen-Shot-2019-10-03-at-12-29-50-PM.png

50931846-298170084232843-6558681377766299384-n.jpg

I think any of the really big name famous actors could do a solid Lex. Cruise, Pitt, Denzel, Leo, Damon. I can even see Clooney doing a great job. Viggo is the dream, but he's made it clear that he's not interested in these movies and unfortunately is getting on the side of too old.

Then we have the lost to Marvel guys like Jude Law, Corey Stoll, Josh Brolin, maybe even Ruffalo. Guy Pearce would be great and I don't think anyone would care that he was in Iron Man 3.

Patrick Wilson would have been very good, but he's the Ocean Master. Michael Shannon is another dream Lex that will obviously never happen. And let's all pour one out for Tom Hardy. The PERFECT choice, gone forever.

It’s amazing that we’ve still not gotten that Lex on the big screen that I’d say most of the fans want. They were clearly trying to morph Eisenberg into that in the post credit scene of JL but it still seemed off. For me the Lex’s we’ve had on TV in Shea, Rosenbaum & Cryer have all been the Lex I want on the big screen.

Alright... Yeah, I'll jump on this train. He is a good choice. But only if they have to recast. Henry Cavill is still my first choice 10 times out of 10

He looks like Cavill from side too. I'm still hoping for Cavill's return, but David Corenswet seems the right candidate for Superman too, so he's my second choice now !

Gotta feel for Henry, after all that's happened, plus still wanting to play the role. All the while, a lot of people (online everywhere) are already talking about who should replace him.

Yeah imagine how Daniel Craig felt when he was cast as Bond. Literally just got the gig and everyone started suggesting his replacement

It’s amazing that we’ve still not gotten that Lex on the big screen that I’d say most of the fans want. They were clearly trying to morph Eisenberg into that in the post credit scene of JL but it still seemed off. For me the Lex’s we’ve had on TV in Shea, Rosenbaum & Cryer have all been the Lex I want on the big screen.

I've been catching up on Supergirl season 4 episodes and just recently got to the one where Cryer finally showed up. I was like holy ****, who knew Cryer had Lex Luthor in him? I'd only seen him in Two and a Half Men before, so I was totally blown away that he actually pulled off a legit Lex Luthor. Cryer's a much better actor than I thought he was!

Gotta agree the only good live-action Lex Luthors so far have been those three. And there are definitely plenty of actors (A-list even) that could pull off Lex Luthor easily for the big screen. It's constantly frustrating that WB keeps screwing everything up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"