The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Cast him, cast him, cast him!

And hell... if MBJ did pitch the Calvin Ellis version of Superman, then cast him too. Make it a multiverse team-up film that you can spin off into two solo franchises. Call it “Supermen” or something. It would be something we haven’t seen before with the character.

Would I be wrong if I wanted MBJ as Lex? Theres plenty of other choices but boy would that be interesting.

Isnt MBJ an anime fan? It might be fun to see a good inspired Superman with Lex as Vegeta.

I just feel sorry for that young lady who broke her braces during black panther because she was thirsting so hard. If she sees him in spandex someone will have to shout her a pair of falsies I think

He wouldn't be the traditional lex but he definitely has the range to play a character like lex. Arrogant, Intelligent, jealous, spiteful yet charming and full of potential to be the most revolutionary man alive.

"I would love to see somebody do an upbeat, throwback [take on Superman]. I love the Henry Cavill dark and gritty take, but I would love to see the next one be very bright and optimistic.”
Sounds like David's already found his angle for Superman. It's like he's been reading online comments!

Henry's probably all like :cmad: This young upstart who looks like me...My Superman is bright and optimistic. Didn't you see Justice League?! :argh:

Maybe it's just because I've been watching the first two Terminators a lot recently, but I think Robert Patrick would make a very interesting Lex Luthor. Imagine a Luthor who seems alien and far more removed from humanity than the very Superman that he projects all of that onto. Would be fascinating.

Lex doesn't need to be bald, John Shea had hair in Lois & Clark for most of its run and was a damn great Lex!

That said, I could totally see Tom Cavanagh as Lex even though it might be cliche with his original role of Dr. Wells & Reverse Flash on The Flash. He's one of the most legit actors on that show and has been criminally underused on the show ever since Season 1 ended.

Last edited:
I've seen Bruce Willis suggested for Lex before; not recently but probably around a decade ago or so. He's definitely got the look but I don't think he could quite pull it off. Honestly, he just doesn't come off smart enough. That might sound like a mean thing to say, but this is a guy who supported Bush after the Iraq War, thinks gun control is wrong, and thought remaking Death Wish was a good idea.

Oh dear we're doing the political thing now?

Sorry to get political but the guy has made some statements that made him come off like a moron. And Lex isn't stupid. But regardless of Willis as a person, I've also never seen him in a movie role where he came off like a genius.

I've seen Bruce Willis suggested for Lex before; not recently but probably around a decade ago or so. He's definitely got the look but I don't think he could quite pull it off. Honestly, he just doesn't come off smart enough. That might sound like a mean thing to say, but this is a guy who supported Bush after the Iraq War, thinks gun control is wrong, and thought remaking Death Wish was a good idea.

That's ridiculous and has nothing to do with playing a fictional character.

Not to mention, just because someone has different political views than you doesn't instantly make them a "moron".

That's ridiculous and has nothing to do with playing a fictional character.

Not to mention, just because someone has different political views than you doesn't instantly make them a "moron".

Uh, it makes them a moron if they support a guy who bull****ted the American public into a war that killed thousands of people and then stood up for gun manufacturers... oh, I'm sorry, "Second Amendment rights" after a bunch of children were murdered by an assault rifle.

That said, I'm sorry to get political here. My larger point was that even as an actor, I don't think he could convincingly play Lex.

Just putting this here for the next time I say Adam Driver would make a great Superman and the response is that he's too unattractive. PEOPLE. ARE. LOSING. THEIR. MINDS.

I don’t think he’s unattractive or whatever but I don’t think he has the right look for Superman. Good actor though.

Well, I didn't know his politics, but I still think he's a good actor and could pull it off.

I think Willis is a decent enough actor but I wish he'd challenge himself more. You watch 12 Monkeys or Unbreakable and you're like, "Wow, this guy has range!" And then you watch him play the same character in like 10 other movies.

I think Willis is a decent enough actor but I wish he'd challenge himself more. You watch 12 Monkeys or Unbreakable and you're like, "Wow, this guy has range!" And then you watch him play the same character in like 10 other movies.
Die Hard and 12 Monkeys are two of my favorite movies of all-time, and yes, Bruce Willis is capable of much more than he usually shows, but I DON'T think he'd make a particularly convincing/compelling sophisticated genius. That's just outside his wheelhouse, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"