Cast a new Superman movie

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by batman44, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Lars Mikkelsen as Brainiac might be one of the best suggestions I’ve ever heard.

2. thangaran Registered

Paul Gross as Jor-El if they redo the origin which I hope they don’t which pretty much makes my casting suggestion useless lol

3. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Yeah, his brother gets fancast as everyone but Lars is just as good and fits Brainiac to a T.

4. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

Between Sherlock, House of Cards and playing Grand Admiral Thrawn in Star Wars Rebels, the guy is one of the most mesmerising and enigmatic actors I’ve ever seen.

His voice alone has that alien quality to it that makes him seem cold and removed from humanity.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  5. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Oh wow, I never even realized he played Thrawn. Guess I need to check out Rebels.

And yeah, his cold demeanor and his overall look would be perfect for Brainiac. Brainiac works best when he’s so cold and calculating that it’s chilling. Lars would kill it in the role.

Roose Bolton and flickchick85 like this.
  6. flickchick85 Mod of Might

Not only is he a very good actor, but just turn him green and his face is literally how I imagine Brainiac's, lol. Excellent suggestion. :up:

Deck Rickard and Roose Bolton like this.
  7. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

It’s the same thing with Thrawn, just paint him blue and he’s a spitting image.

Plus, he’s tall and thin which helps with that skeletal vibe Brainiac has in some depictions.

Deck Rickard and flickchick85 like this.
  8. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Agreed on all counts. Man, I'm going to be so disappointed if they cast someone else as Brainiac now, lol.

Actually, that's not true. I'll honestly be thrilled with whoever they eventually cast just because it will mean FINALLY getting to see Brainiac onscreen instead of Zod and Lex again.

9. BobJM Uncle Charlie

Lars has been my pick for Mr. Freeze for a while now, but Brainiac would certainly be great too. Just get him in the DCEU.

I’d support if WB decided to go with a female interpretation of Brainiac too. Whereas Tilda Swinton or Cate Blanchett would be great, I'd prefer to get new faces into CBMs, especially since I wouldn't rule out future appearances in the MCU from either of them. And, yes, I know there are some actors that cross companies, but I don't need to push it.

Olivia Colman can play quite cruel, as evident in The Favourite or Fleabag, however my dark-horse pick would be Carrie-Anne Moss--her star meter may be on the rise again if this Matrix sequel/reboot pan out well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Deck Rickard likes this.
  10. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Good suggestions! Yeah, I could also see Lars as Freeze, though I'll admit, I'm fine with never seeing Mr. Freeze in a movie again. I think Arnold ruined that character for me forever, lol.

But yeah, Olivia Colman is awesome in everything and I'd love to see her in a DC or Marvel film eventually. I also think she'd make a great "M" in the next James Bond series of films, or a villain there. Haven't had a female (lead) villain in the Bond franchise in a while.

flickchick85 likes this.
  11. Eddie Dean Mr. Jackpots

Coming back around on Matt Damon as Lex. He was popular after he shaved his head for Elysium, but he's always best playing a bit of a ****heel. Thinking he can bring a little Departed, Tom Ripley energy to it.

12. ifriedrice Registered

David, work on your gains and become our next Supes!
    05-DC4.jpg

13. Wheels Eat my shorts

I want Lee Pace as Superman honestly, with someone like Krysten Ritter, Kristen Bell, Bryce Dallas Howard doing their best Noel Neill homage as Lois. I want a Superman film set in the Golden Age for a one shot or a series. I want mad scientist Lex baby! Someone hamming it up like Jack Black maybe. I want it to feel like a serial this time. Lucas would never do it but that's who I would want to direct, maybe Ron Howard.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  14. Silvermoth Avenger

Lee pace would be a fun justice league superman

15. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

I'd be down for Lee Pace as Supes but a hard pass on Jack Black as Lex Luthor.

16. Wheels Eat my shorts

Yeah Pace is my guy for supes. Really want an established Superman with some age.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  17. Boy Scout Registered

Lee Pace is a no from me.

SuperRouth and Superherofan123 like this.
  18. Lone Non-playable character

Lee Pace was my fancast for Hal Jordan before Ryan Reynolds got the role.

19. BlueBeetle Registered

I’ll throw another name out there Steve Lund. He’s only 31 6’2 relatively unknown, he’s done mostly TV work his biggest role was on “Bitten” and he’ll be in the “Street Legal” reboot

631AD20C-4719-42A1-81FB-14602A3CCC2C.jpeg

20. Invader Joker Registered

images - 2020-01-22T021018.063.jpeg Corenswer is perfect but how about Jacob Elordi?

21. Tg11 Registered

Corenswet is my ideal Cavill replacement

22. Vaibow Registered

Cavill as Clark, let's have him live on the farm, but flying to metropolis each day in seconds - he works for the daily star now, under Taylor - Lois is doing well over at the planet.

Lois and clark seem really happy, publicly, they are peers, colleagues, friends - behind closed doors, lovers. Jimmy works with clark at the star.

We see more of smallville, in the summer, carnival in town, it's a great way for them to escape the city and be themselves. Clark is almost invisible in smallville, he blends in like any other, it's almost as if he is smallvilles best kept secret, no one wants to spoil.

Metropolis has been, in part, rebuilt since 2013 and looks amazing.

Cyborg contacts Clark - he's identified AI that's breaching security and privacy, is it a virus, hack or attack? Either way, it has kryptonian coding.

They track it down to a tech company that has arms deals, space projects, web contracts, think of google merged with Tesla - basically in the 80's the us army intercepted a signal and worked with an android - they hooked him up and he created the web and so much more that we use today - he is the cloud. It was all fun and games at first, the us believing he was wanting to save his home planet, but they kept him sedated and pillaged his powers and abilities - not realizing he was using them all along, to find the last son of kryptonian heritage.

A battle ensues.

23. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

I suggested him a little while ago. He's a really good actor (he was great on Euphoria) though he may be a bit too young depending on when they would be setting this film. However, if the next Superman film is still a long ways away, then he might be the perfect age whenever it happens. I think Coronswet has a better Superman look but I think Elordi could look the part too.

24. GreenKToo In the fire

Jason Isaacs as Lex.

25. Tg11 Registered

David Corenswet- Clark Kent/Kal El/Superman
    Lois Lane- Nina Dobrev
    Jimmy Olsen- Kodi Smit McPhee
    Perry White- Alec Baldwin
    Martha Kent- Julianne Moore
    Jonathan Kent- Kurt Russell
    Jor El- Daniel Craig
    Lara Lor Van- Carla Gugino
    General Sam Lane- Bruce Willis