The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

True, but Shazam wasn’t even in the cards back then. Good pick though. Maybe Seinfeld-era Patrick Warburton.

If not Cage, Fraser or Keanu Reeves were the pick for Supes back in the day—late 90s Lives era specifically.

An older Superman would be interesting for a reboot though. Do you think WB will skip the origin entirely and go for a 30-40s year old Superman?
I would rather Fraser be in something inspired by Max Fleischer's Superman, George Reeves, and Kirk Alyn.

I think Superman Lives works better with better with someone who doesn't seem the type.

I mean Superman Lives is completely insane so just go all the way.

I don't know what I would do if I was allowed to see a golden age throwback that's very stylized in presentation. Like Sky Captain, but you know, better.

I know I'm probably in the minority there though.

I wish Mathew Vaughn wanted to do that and not his Krypton Trilogy pitch.

In terms of casting Superman/Clark Kent in the 90s, the actors I would have looked at would be

Paul Gross (Due South)
Billy Campbell (The Rocketeer)
Campbell Scott ( Big Night)
Dylan Neal ( Tv actor)

For Lois Lane in the 90s I would have looked at

Sandra Bullock(Speed)
Courtney Cox ( Friends)
Parker Posey ( Waiting for Guffman)
Julianna Margulies (ER)
Daphne Zuniga ( Melrose Place)

Been a fan of hers for awhile, but seeing her in Mank really sealed the deal...

Tuppence Middleton - Lois Lane

Bumping for the evening crowd. :o

Hell yeah. Riley Blue for Lois Lane! And anything else. Love her.

SUPERMAN
Director : JJ Abrams

why-does-river-kill-himself-on-the-politician.jpg

Superman/ Clark Kent : David Corenswet

alison-brie-off-camera-show-promos-1.jpg

Lois Lane : Alison Brie

b1ab877fa9dcfa6545d06afdf24e7b41.jpg

Jimmy Olsen : Cole Sprouse

tom-hanks-the-post.jpg

Perry White : Tom Hanks

Brad+Pitt+Bald.jpg

Lex Luthor : Brad Pitt

Long-Solo-Flight-Of-Harrison-Ford.jpg

Johnathan Kent : Harrison Ford

latest

Martha Kent : Karen Allen

NZRCKlTah4OHhzS3UcMyMzQ6rSOeHwpeA3WfU0r7.jpeg

Jor El : Victor Garder

tcx120119kerirussell-03corrected-1574179913.jpg

Lara : Keri Russell

Screenshot-2705.png

Brainiac : Kate Blanchett

Dave%2BBautista.jpg

Parasite : Dave Bautista

damien-lewis.jpg

John Corbin : Damien Lewis

diorchinup_theroncharlize_stills_13_v3.jpg.jpg

Morgan Edge : Charlize Theron

d97f3cb5030fd8b191aa92a3de3e150a.png

Mercy Graves : Mackenzie Davis

Maggie Sawyer : Taraji P. Henson

I mentioned him before, definitely one of my favorite choices for Superman.

tom-hanks-the-post.jpg

Perry White : Tom Hanks

I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t thought about it, but I really don’t see Hanks taking a role with that little meat to it. If he loses his CBM virginity, it’ll be on something with a little more heft than Perry White.

IF it were a reboot.
Henry Cavill - superman/Clark.
Lois - evan Rachel wood.
John Goodman - perry white
Kurt Russell - Jonathan Kent.
Geena Davis - Martha.
Brainiac - Keanu reeves or tom Hiddleston
Lex - Jason Isaacs or Bryan Cranston
Jor-el - Viggo Mortensen ( he wouldn't)
Lara - Jennifer Aniston
John Corbin - Jeremy Renner

Superman - David Corenswet

Lois Lane - Summer Bishil

I kind of feel like her role on The Magicians was her audition as a somewhat meaner, far more vulgar Lois Lane who’s also capable of magic.

Also she’s only five years older than he is, for those of you who’ve still got heart palpitations over Amy Adams having the audacity to be 9 years older then Cavill.

I continue to stand by this.

Superman: Henry Golding
henrysimplefavour2.jpg

Lois Lane: Emilia Clarke

emilia-clarke-aoa.jpg

Lex Luthor: Lakeith Stanfield

lakeith-stanfield-600x388.jpeg

Braniac: Timothee Chalamet

timothee-chalamet-at-the-2020-oscars.jpg

Martha Kent: Laura Linney

GettyImages-1193678656.jpg

Perry White: John Goodman

5d9c9a09778a0.image%20(1)-1593927304289.jpg

upload_2020-12-24_13-2-0.jpeg

I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t thought about it, but I really don’t see Hanks taking a role with that little meat to it. If he loses his CBM virginity, it’ll be on something with a little more heft than Perry White.

I have him cast as Pa Kent but he has a bigger role in the film than most of the other films I'd say. Screenshot_2020-10-14-19-12-38-09.png
In this scene Pa and Clark confront the school bullies parents and Clark watches the way Pa interacts with people during confrontation. My story features a lot of time spent with his folks and us getting to see why he becomes Superman.

I'm very sad because I'm thinking about how perfect Viggo Mortensen would be as Jonathan Kent and how he would never do it.

I would rather Superman come back with his own DCEU mini series rather than a full on reboot...continue the mini series on HBO Max with Cavill still playing Supes...it only makes sense because of Snyder Cut

I like Cavill and wish he’d had a better creative team at the helm during his tenure, but I think his time to let him go. There’s just too much baggage for his version of the character to ever really flourish.

gettyimages-1131401570-1024x1024.jpg
Watched Yes God Yes today and Wolfgang Novogratz had that charmingly innocent farmboy vibe. He also happens to be the spitting image of Christopher Reeve.

Last edited:
I like Novogratz, he's among my top choices for the role. It helps that Superman is sort of a dream role for him and he's being mentored by Hugh Jackman. I don't think he looks anything like Reeve, he reminds me of Doc Shaner Superman art.

Other than Henry Cavill & David Corenswet most of the choices in this thread for Superman are awful.

Novogratz looks better-suited to Conner or teenage Jon Kent to me. Peck is Spock and now will always be Spock to me, lol. I doubt I'll see an option more appealing than Corenswet in here anytime soon, but ya never know.

He's probably a little too old for it now, but I think William Shatner would have made a good Perry White.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"