Cast a new Superman movie

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by batman44, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

I like Jimmy Smits for Perry

MilkmanDan and BobJM like this.
  2. fan4stic Registered

Lois:

Emmy Rossum
    [​IMG]
    Emma Stone
    [​IMG]
    Vanessa Hudgens
    [​IMG]

MilkmanDan likes this.
  3. jetage Registered

I can see where people think Wolfgan N could be the younger Kent, but he is only 23. Heck by the time a new superman movie is made he will probably be 30, so we should see what he looks like then. But as for now, no one looks better than David Corenswet for the role he basically defines the Superman look

4. Vaibow Registered

Him in the gym and you get Cavill clone.

5. Vaibow Registered

At this point I want a reboot, that is spiritually set in the Reeve 'Batman' universe. I don't want it to be an obvious thing, but I want the aesthetics looking like the same world....

I also had this other idea where they are brave and set a superman universe in the 50's and naturally introduced Batman and other heroes in the sequels and we saw old school versions... that would be so much fun and I think lend itself so well to Superman/Clark.

However, I still feel classic superman can work today... you just need the right director to share the vision. I feel to make classic superman you need a more personal, honest story focused on the man... with powers in this world.... where he does his best to stay an urban legend and low key - lex corp headed by luthor has ever met him, but is hounding superman like a dog in the street, doing all he can to track him down, expose him.

No big alien threats, no crazy weaponised villains - that's kinda why Superman the movie worked so well, it kept it real, as real as it could and gave the suspense to only superman. Which then made the world around him feel very real.

6. flickchick85 Admin of Might

With better acting, far more warmth and charm, more All-American-looking and much taller, but sure... “Cavill clone.” :o

7. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

[​IMG]
    You're welcome WB.

BobJM and flickchick85 like this.
  8. Sawyer High King

It’s kind of a shame Dustin Milligan of Schitt’s Creek fame isn’t like 10-15 years younger because he just exudes Jimmy Olsen energy.

Too bad he’s almost certainly several years older than whoever would be in contention for a new Superman.

Primal Slayer likes this.
  9. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

If for some miracle they were to continue Cavills Superman and bring back Jimmy, he'd be a great choice.

10. Vaibow Registered

and there's me thinking 2021 was going to be our year....

11. Sawyer High King

I’d allow it. Snyder’s Jimmy, I believe, wasn’t even referred to by name in the theatrical cut, so I wouldn’t be opposed to a retcon.

12. Vaibow Registered

I feel Jimmy can be from any back ground, professionally... in the sense that he can be a new recruit fresh from college or someone that just fancied a job change....

Jimmy to me, is on the outside dorkier, weaker and less intimidating than clark, who he himself comes across as mild mannered.

Jimmy shouldn't be older than Clark.... definitely not more buff and masculine...looking at you CW execs.

I actually like the idea of Jimmy being fresh in metropolis from Bergen, Norway and have this actor give it a shot alongside Cavill.

Jakob Oftebro

13. Vaibow Registered

and if we had to really go down that route, he was only using the cover 'Jimmy Olsen' and he is actually FBI agent #3432

Real Jimmy Olsen was off elsewhere for the planet and was just never given screen time like dozen other DP staff.

Honestly it's times like this I get so mad at Snyder and think 'what were you playing at - why couldn't you have just kept it simple'

Bruce Wayne likes this.
  14. fan4stic Registered

Lois I prefer to be a couple years older, and Jimmy, several years younger.

15. ChrisLyne Registered

Same here. Before FanDome I wanted them to get a new director and carry on with Cavill, but after hearing Reeve talk with such passion at FanDome I want that for Superman and at this point a fresh start just feels better/cleaner. Plus with the multiverse Cavill can still appear in Shazam and Black Adam.

Nightprey and Vaibow like this.
  16. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

Your Clark and lois were my fan cast from a little over a year ago.

17. Vaibow Registered

Thing is, I like Cavill - I think he as a person is great for superman... I am a big fan of him, he feels like one of us... but even he can admit, his version, not his fault entirely, is in a corner now.

Only a knock out superman movie, solo superman movie can get me back in the zone... but I just feel they missed the boat... like, we have an established superman, without having an established superman in the sense we really know nothing of this version. Snyder had great ideas but just miss fired.

I hate to say it but I feel it's time to reboot

give us a fan adventure where we see clark doing his best to keep it a secret, but still want to tell the world... so much potential.

Having said that, I will take a flashpoint retcon superman with Cavill, but they need to start filming now.

ChrisLyne and flickchick85 like this.
  18. SupermanFan Registered

A Superman film at the earliest wouldn’t come until late 2023 anyway so I don’t see why they’d need to start filming now and if anyone thinks Cavill is getting too old just look at what the Rock is doing at 48.

19. Vaibow Registered

It's not so much age of Cavill, it's about keeping it fresh.

20. SupermanFan Registered

I’m cool with whatever the next director wants to go with reboot, sequel, requel. So if the next director wants Cavill then great, if they don’t then fine.

21. ChrisLyne Registered

Honestly, I like Cavill as well. I wasn't a fan of Snyder's take of the characters but I loved his casting for the most part. A different series of films and Cavill could have been the definitive Superman for a generation. He was actually my fan cast for Man of Steel after I saw a photoshop of him as Superman here years ago (long time lurker :hehe:).

But, like you say, the time is rapidly passing. Man of Steel was almost a decade ago, even JL was over 3 years ago. If they fast tracked a solo they could maybe do it (and I certainly wouldn't be against a soft reboot with Cavill), but the more time passes the more it feels like it's time to move on.

flickchick85, Vaibow and jetage like this.
  22. Doctor Jones shocked and baffled

Rashida Jones would make a great Lois Lane.

23. Vaibow Registered

Here me out, I feel if they do a soft reboot with Cavill, they need to take him off earth for the plot device. I don't want to say Thor: Ragnorak, but that's what I would say is a damn close comparison. It came to me when I saw this image.
    Screen Shot 2021-02-04 at 5.49.24 PM.png

I didn't know the context but it made me think of how he got to that stage and how bad ass it looked... and how Cavill in a similar get up, would look crazy good. It be totally different to anything we have seen..

The first 25 mins is clark, the reporter, we see an obvious disguise and change of persona, character... DP clark is likeable, unassuming, almost an introvert at times. We see him out reporting where he is more himself... the chances of the locals he is interviewing won't assume he is superman or will ever go back to the DP and say he is this dashing character.

Thanks to the world Snyder created, the world knows about aliens.. that needs to be addressed - nasa goes on a mission, using star labs and the kryptonian tech and worm holes - it's not fore front but it's presence is in the movie.

Now, the villain.. Faora is trapped in the phantom zone, the only one to survive the explosion and transfer. In the phantom zone we have villains of all shapes and sizes, eager to band together and get out.

NASA inadvertently opens up a portal and a vessel gets dragged in and crash lands, where it is quickly ransacked. Turns out the phantom zone is a desolate planet light years away.

Faora uses the vessel's tech to report back to earth with demands, or the hostages die. This is all top secret.. at first, Swannick contacts Clark and they discuss a plan - but ultimately, clark goes up there, to get them back, with the help of swannick.

Trouble is, Clark is the prize asset with a bounty on his head. cue the fun.

24. Vaibow Registered

I have been saying this for years...

25. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

She'll probably be 50 by the time they make a new Superman movie though.