The Good Citizens of Metropolis: The Casting Thread

Clark and Lex.

6947c9008cce2026e67f14878ad268c54c73f5d22d914be201a3f69bf4750f3a05d093d29cd38092ce2a2603c5e70768.jpg

I think Nicholas Braun would be perfect for Clark, especially for a take where Supes is naturally very much the 'simple-minded' dorky farmboy, but just perceived to be this perfect alpha guy by the media when he's Supes performing his superheroics.

I think there'd be a lot of fun rom-com stuff there too when Lois meets Supes and realizes he's nowhere near as cool as she woulda thought.

And Jeremy Strong as Lex is easy to picture too. Powerful yet pathetic at the same time. Probably would be a distracting pair though given their history on Succession.

(On a side note, Matthew McFayden and Kieran Culkin would also be fantastic as Lex)

Last edited:
hh23poru4934905uytjhhkfjohh˙iop
Fair enough. I haven't followed fancasts for Superman in a while.
It's crazy really, to think MOS was 2013 and he was introduced but we were not shown prime superman, then in the second movie he featured in, he was killed off... whilst being the 'bad guy'.. then bought back from the dead, as the bad guy, then the bad cgi face guy, then the black suit guy.. then the no head guy in Shazam! and we're still waiting for a proper sequel.. it's superman, for bleedin' sakes it's gotten so and we are forgotten who we fan cast.... look what WB are doing to us...

Jokes aside, who it comes to brainiac - I envisage him as an image on a screen, a self aware monitor - back when a ship crashed din Roswell - the second they plugged a wire into it, brainiac uploaded himself to the earth and communicated that way, paving the way for the internet, all these tech advancements.. this top secret CIA project, where a puppet with an ear piece presents himself and is there body of brainiac, the tech then develops where it can be nuerologically linked and then he takes over a body.. then when that body is too old, he takes a new host, almost like each president, is brainiac.... there Is no free will, just a body... raised then one day taken over.. or perhaps many bodies, like a hive mind. Then, the tech side, he is the internet, so he knows everything.. sees everything, via cctv, cameras etc
He tracks superman down the moment Clark does something extra ordinary.. but brainiac waits as it's his body he wants... but knows he will need to pierce his skin somehow, so he is there then when star labs meet with superman, lurking, that's why he is such a good villain, he is every where, yet no where. Every keystroke, every selfie, every traffic light, he's there breathing down...

not really anything inspiring or out of the box there

Given how many people have a cow for the idea of a non white Superman and Lois, it is considered outside the box by alot of people, certainly alot of fandom.

It may not be an out of the box idea for you to have a non white Superman and Lois, but even looking through this thread, you can see there are people who don't like that idea and don't consider the idea of a non white Lois and Clark "fine".

Given how many people have a cow for the idea of a non white Superman and Lois, it is considered outside the box by alot of people, certainly alot of fandom.

It may not be an out of the box idea for you to have a non white Superman and Lois, but even looking through this thread, you can see there are people who don't like that idea and don't consider the idea of a non white Lois and Clark "fine".

What are you on about? Who said a non white superman was the reason for it being out the box... these ideas have been thrown around and either liked or not.. for me, his teeth and acting aren't good enough... yup.
Dean Cain was great for the role, I liked how he looked the part, but had a hint of asian in him, which makes the brain clogs rotate when thinking of him as adopted and not from 'these parts'.
I've said it many times, an Israeli actor, jewish actor would be my top pick moving forward, to honour the OG creators - I don't know the pool well enough to select someone.
So yeah, don't assume my objection is race related, stick to looking for rings.

What are you on about? Who said a non white superman was the reason for it being out the box... these ideas have been thrown around and either liked or not.. for me, his teeth and acting aren't good enough... yup.
Dean Cain was great for the role, I liked how he looked the part, but had a hint of asian in him, which makes the brain clogs rotate when thinking of him as adopted and not from 'these parts'.
I've said it many times, an Israeli actor, jewish actor would be my top pick moving forward, to honour the OG creators - I don't know the pool well enough to select someone.
So yeah, don't assume my objection is race related, stick to looking for rings.

A non white Superman,asian, black, latino, is considered out of the box by alot of fans.
Of course minority actors have been thrown out as choices before on these boards, but let's not pretend they've been considered inside the box by everyone .
There isn't some consensus that a non white Clark Kent is a good idea. There's been alot of debate on these boards about.

A non White Clark is considered "inside the box" for alot of other fans , fair or not.
If you don't consider a minority Clark Kent is outside the box, fair enough, but your view isn't a view held by all of fandom, and it's not even a view held by everyone on these boards.
That's why I said it was an outside the box choice.

If you still don't agree with that then we'll have to agree to disagree.

As far as my casting choices go, If you don't like the choices I put forth, fair enough.
We all have our own opinions about who should be cast for what or who would be good in what role.

I don't expect everyone, including you, to agree or like them, just like you shouldn't expect me to agree with your beliefs or ideas on who should be cast as the next Superman.

It's a forum, so I don't expect any cast I put to please everyone.

A non white Superman,asian, black, latino, is considered out of the box by alot of fans.
Of course minority actors have been thrown out as choices before on these boards, but let's not pretend they've been considered inside the box by everyone .
There isn't some consensus that a non white Clark Kent is a good idea. There's been alot of debate on these boards about.

A non White Clark is considered "inside the box" for alot of other fans , fair or not.
If you don't consider a minority Clark Kent is outside the box, fair enough, but your view isn't a view held by all of fandom, and it's not even a view held by everyone on these boards.
That's why I said it was an outside the box choice.

If you still don't agree with that then we'll have to agree to disagree.

As far as my casting choices go, If you don't like the choices I put forth, fair enough.
We all have our own opinions about who should be cast for what or who would be good in what role.

I don't expect everyone, including you, to agree or like them, just like you shouldn't expect me to agree with your beliefs or ideas on who should be cast as the next Superman.

It's a forum, so I don't expect any cast I put to please everyone.

Have I asked you to?

I think you don't understand what 'out the box thinking' means.

Oh and enjoy the MBJ superman series and the other unnamed project coming up...

He looks like the Perry in L&C, Lane Smith.

Bob Odenkirk would be my pick.

Clark and Lex.

6947c9008cce2026e67f14878ad268c54c73f5d22d914be201a3f69bf4750f3a05d093d29cd38092ce2a2603c5e70768.jpg

I think Nicholas Braun would be perfect for Clark, especially for a take where Supes is naturally very much the 'simple-minded' dorky farmboy, but just perceived to be this perfect alpha guy by the media when he's Supes performing his superheroics.

I think there'd be a lot of fun rom-com stuff there too when Lois meets Supes and realizes he's nowhere near as cool as she woulda thought.

And Jeremy Strong as Lex is easy to picture too. Powerful yet pathetic at the same time. Probably would be a distracting pair though given their history on Succession.

(On a side note, Matthew McFayden and Kieran Culkin would also be fantastic as Lex)
ok... he would be a great Clark Kent... the persona, in the office.. then the stand up superman persona.... to the local farm boy in Kansas... that's outside the box thinking....

Dude is crazy tall.

Bill Camp is an excellent suggestion for Perry.

Last edited:
John Corben/Metallo
shutterstock_editorial_9376223bh.jpg

Rudy Jones/Parasite
john-boyega.jpg

Manchester Black
GettyImages-1031073356.jpg

General Zod
lee-pace-1200x840.jpg

Faora
49429679_elodie-3.png

Mr. Mxyzptlk