Deadpool 2 Cast Cable

Stephen Lang, too old, too short. No for motion capture Cable.
Actor for Cable should be bigger than Reynolds.

Ron Perlman is the answer (or Lang)

Ron-Perlman.jpg

Never even knew my suggestion Mel Gibson was mentioned in the after credits scene until my 2nd viewing, interesting. He would be a good pick in my eyes.

Ron Pearlman would be a great foil for Ryan Reynolds to work off of. The dialogue between them would be freaking hilarious.

Ron Perlman is even older than Lang is. Honestly, Lang is really the best choice since he's passionate about it and is likely to do a good job.

Not the first guy to pop into my head, but after seeing John Wick I could see Keanu Reeves possibly filling the role.

Ron Perlman is even older than Lang is. Honestly, Lang is really the best choice since he's passionate about it and is likely to do a good job.

The main thing is that whomever they cast as Cable can act strong opposite Reynolds. Which will come down to testing and auditioning. They can't just hire actors based off them lifting, having grey hair and wanting the role. The majority can look like him with makeup, hair dye and preparing after they have the gig. Their acting and charisma with the other actors will be what lands them it.

The majority of actors will want this role right now. It's essentially for two starring IP's that are the talk of hollywood and guaranteed hits now.

Last edited:
I loved SOA and Hellboy so a huge fan of Pearlman but he and Lang are far to old.

Ron is 65 and Lang is 63 think if Cable is a hit as a character and they consider a solo movie both men would be pushing 70 by the time it likely came around.

A few promising candidates that are being overlooked I think are....

Timothy Omundson

He plays Cain in Supernatural. Also at only 47 he could have good longevity if the sequel is received well.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan

This guys is an excellent actor and not only would he look the part he would match Reynolds for height and would probably be bigger built giving Cable that imposing look.

two wild cards would have to be

Michael Cudlitz

I think he would be a good choice but don't see this happening for many reasons. Most importantly as a main cast member of Walking Dead he would likely have a scheduling conflict.

Dolph Lundgren

If you want to go for the most imposing jacked up looking Cable possible Dolph has to be your man. If he could find a middle ground between his Drago character from Rocky and Gunnar from Expendables he would be quiet close to Cable's personality I think as well. At 58 who knows if he would be up for taking on a possible multi film deal in a demanding roll.

I'd like to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan in the role. And honestly, I know it was a joke, but Mel Gibson actually doesn't sound too shabby...

Tom Jane or Nathan Fillion are great ideas, too.

And what about Michael Biehn?

Last edited:
Not interested in Cable half head shorter than Deadpool.

Anson Mount. I feel like there are so many missed opportunties with this dude.

Going between Stephen Lang and Eric Dane for me. Though Clive Owen is an interesting one to say the least. Nathan Fillion was another one who stuck out a lot.

Anson Mount is definitely an awesome little over 40 choice.
Eric Dane looks and sounds great as well.

George Clooney!

That's actually a very original and awesome idea. Seeing George Clooney as hardened bad-ass again (remember From Dusk 'Till Dawn? He was intense as Seth Gecko!) would be great. And just like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, it could be Clooney's redemption among comic books adaptations. I don't dislike this idea. At all.

What do you think of Viggo Mortensen?

Last edited:
That's actually a very original and awesome idea. Seeing George Clooney as hardened bad-ass again (remember From Dusk 'Till Dawn? He was intense as Seth Gecko!) would be great. And just like Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, it could be Clooney's redemption among comic books adaptations. I don't dislike this idea. At all.

What do you think of Viggo Mortensen?

Exactly. Clooney deserves a shot at superhero redemption. I've only ever seen Mortensen play the straight man, so I'm not sure about him.

To be honest, I'm now completely in Camp Clooney.

Deadpool: "Hey! Cable! What, no nipples on the suit?"

MultipleMan is Cable?
Didn't read that comic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"